Wiki Posts
Search

Locked out of Hertz profile

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2020, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC, Hyatt Plat
Locked out of Hertz profile

Hi all, I have been locked out of my Hertz account for the past week. I can't log in via the website or the app, nor can I reset my password. Calling the Presidents circle hotline I have been told it's a known issue but they couldn't suggest a fix or timeline. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:12 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I have. Can't login on the website (says the password is incorrect), when I try to login on the app it just closes out and I'm back on my phone's home screen. It's really annoying.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Seems to be confusing those at Hertz! Their Twittter team could not help, or their President circle direct number. Very annoying considering I have a few rentals due for pickup in July and August and being unable to amend these without calling them is a pain
Old Jul 9, 2020, 1:09 am

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
I can log in but can not view my reservations or make new reservations via the website the app or over the phone...I have booked with Alamo for the weekend..I am Presidents Circle as well.
The Gold Plus people say it's an IT issue and the fill out a ticket but have not fixed it for my account and it's been about a week...
I book via Delta car rental booking engine most times and it says invalid loyalty number...I can actually see upcoming reservations on the app but if I click on any of them the error message is the location is closed during these hours and that makes zero sense since my reservations are in the middle of the day...the hertz website via the laptop says Sorry, we're having trouble processing your request. Visit our Customer Support page or call 1 (800) 654-4173 and over the phone the reps say we can not put your Gold Plus rewards number in your reservation..it says invalid number...but Gold Plus people say its a valid number but they can not attach it to a reservation either.
NYC_LA likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 9:12 pm

Programs: latam
i have the same problem since May, Can't lodg to my account i tried with the website and the app, i try to retrieve my password and always send me the same message "an unexpected error", im try to fix this issue since may because my points were going to expire on june and i read that due the coronavirus outbreak they will extend all the points that will expire between may and june.

Since I could not do it on my own and never received the email to extend them, I called hertz several times wating for almost a hour each time that i called, according to the customer service she extended for me and I didn't need to do anything else, when is asked again for my account she told about a system issue, and just be patience.I asked each week on social media and they always told me that i have to wait because my problem is being solved (never was solved)

Now I call again to find out about an updated of my account and when they ask about the points they tell me that i have 0 points, she told me they expired, thanks for this system issue i lost more than 6000 points.
Nobody knows what happened and nobody has known how to give me a solution they have opened a case but I don't think they will go further, it is the last time that I collect points in hertz again they were the worst of the worst
Old Jul 19, 2020, 4:38 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Same here. I get the Member Name does not match, please call us [NEX179 message. This just started happening last week. I have two upcoming reservations that I'd like to continue checking rate changes and possibly apply points and really don't want to have to call anyone to do this (the app doesn't work, either). I contacted Hertz via FB messenger and got the, "a ticket has been filed" response. I asked when it might be rectified, as I have these two upcoming reservations and was told " we don't know - it is done by another team." Awesome customer service and business practice. So if I WANTED to book a new reservation, I can't even do that - without calling. No thanks. Time to implement my status matches at Avis and National.

Annnnd I just tried to log in again and now I can't even connect to hertz.com.

Error code 32

The proxy failed to connect to the web server
Old Aug 31, 2020, 7:18 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
NEX179

Originally Posted by melissaru
Same here. I get the Member Name does not match, please call us [NEX179 message. This just started happening last week. I have two upcoming reservations that I'd like to continue checking rate changes and possibly apply points and really don't want to have to call anyone to do this (the app doesn't work, either). I contacted Hertz via FB messenger and got the, "a ticket has been filed" response.
Did this ever get fixed for you ?

I'm currently getting the same error message.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 10:29 am

I just logged into my account.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 12:54 am
Original Poster

For me the issue was fixed after about 6 weeks but they have stopped me booking on any other Hertz website other than European ones (i.e if I change country to Japan I cannot book a car I get a 'call for quote') . This seems to be profile specific as I know others can switch country when logged in and book
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I had been locked out of mine for about 2-3 weeks, ever since I returned from a trip where I rented a Hertz vehicle.
Today I tried to change the password via the iPhone app and I'm able to get in on the app. Still not able to use the website, but at least this is something. I'm probably doing a roadtrip in a few weeks and wanted to check some rates.
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aztimm
........Today I tried to change the password via the iPhone app and I'm able to get in on the app. Still not able to use the website, but at least this is something.............
I have similar but opposite problem for the past 3 days. I can login on website but not on Android App. I have reset password multiple times. It doesn't matter what password I set it to, I can login on website but cannot on App. Exact same password was used on both.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 7:24 am

I can finally log back in but now by discount code is not being recognized.
Have they eliminated or change all of the CDC codes?
Old Sep 23, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by JJ Flyer
I can finally log back in but now by discount code is not being recognized.
Have they eliminated or change all of the CDC codes?
Sadly I can't. Still getting the same error message:

Member Name does not match, please call us. [NEX179]
Old Sep 23, 2020, 6:18 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Seems I can't login either. Shame as if I can't book my car, then I'll be giving business to their competitor. No bueno when one is in bankruptcy.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 6:36 pm

Just got logged out from the account automatically.
Can't log back in and both APP/Website are showing error messages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.