Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
First rental, Presidents Circle

Have a rental in LAS, 9:30pm Friday. Says good service unavailable for this member. Assuming I need to verify ID and such. Anyway around this, could I do this at a local counter before a leave? Just trying to save time in LAS since I’ll have 3 others with me.

Thanks for your input as always.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:48 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Yes, there's a thread (will link to it if I find it) where a new member went to a corporate Hertz location before their first rental to have their information validated so they could use expedited Gold Canopy service.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:40 pm

Had a recent I rental at ORD, no I cars available at the time. Was offered a normally paid upgrade car gratis. Service was good at this location.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I had a one-way rental within Germany last week. I booked a luxury wagon and upon arrival they had reserved me a Ford Edge with a damaged hood (lots of missing paint). After expressing my disappointment (I was expecting a Mercedes or BMW wagon) they offered me a Volvo S90. Looks like this is actually a downgrade (J vs. V class). The car was nice, but the experience was a bit frustrating and I feel like I've overpaid. I wonder now if they were unwilling to let me have a real wagon like I'd reserved since I was driving it one-way, despite there being many in the lot?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
I had a one-way rental within Germany last week. I booked a luxury wagon and upon arrival they had reserved me a Ford Edge with a damaged hood (lots of missing paint). After expressing my disappointment (I was expecting a Mercedes or BMW wagon) they offered me a Volvo S90. Looks like this is actually a downgrade (J vs. V class). The car was nice, but the experience was a bit frustrating and I feel like I've overpaid. I wonder now if they were unwilling to let me have a real wagon like I'd reserved since I was driving it one-way, despite there being many in the lot?
Was this a corporate or franchise branch?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Was this a corporate or franchise branch?
airport so corporate I imagine
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
airport so corporate I imagine
What location? You never said.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
i don’t think the wagon had anything to do with it. They have a plethora in their fleet. I’ve had 3 and 5 series wagons from MUC to FRA and vice versa numerous times. Maybe they didn’t have any luxury wagons at the time.

edit - and most of those rentals were for a sedan and not a wagon...
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
GVA (PC member)

Booked a BMW 3 4x4
Received a BMW 3 4x4

No upgrade as "this is a one week rental"...?
Avoid Hertz at GVA.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 2:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
One way from TYS to AVL earlier this week. TYS has no garage Gold desk just a dedicated Gold line at the counter in baggage claim. The agent was friendly though I was annoyed my contract wasn't ready despite me arriving a little after my scheduled time. As a PC on a FCAR reservation I was offered a Ford Fusion or a Nissan Rogue. I took the Fusion which was a Hybrid with 34,000 miles on it.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:04 am

Confirmed vehicle availability of Standard Equipment Economy through Full-Size 4 door vehicles in the U.S. and Canada with a minimum 48 hour advance reservation.
Does this mean as long as I give 48hr notice even a sold out location will find a car for me?

All of NYC seems to be sold out for this coming weekend and the PC line says there is nothing they can do.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by vandals04
Does this mean as long as I give 48hr notice even a sold out location will find a car for me?

All of NYC seems to be sold out for this coming weekend and the PC line says there is nothing they can do.
That's what it's supposed to mean, yes.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
My SO received a Toyota Corolla at a location within YYC when booking ICAR. When asked about the complimentary upgrade for PC, they said they could give her a Jetta which she didn't take.

I told her she should have taken the Jetta...
Auto Enthusiast and mdbe like this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
NYC HLE
PC Member
Booked: F
Received: 2018 Malibu LT (F), 21k miles, working XM.

Whenever I get one of these, I'm reminded how much I like the car. Spacious, good looks, decent gas mileage, and the trunk is enormous. Gotta say I prefer it to the Camry.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:34 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
NYC HLE
PC Member
Booked: F
Received: 2018 Malibu LT (F), 21k miles, working XM.

Whenever I get one of these, I'm reminded how much I like the car. Spacious, good looks, decent gas mileage, and the trunk is enormous. Gotta say I prefer it to the Camry.
Were you ok with not getting an upgrade to a Premium? I rented from the Harborside HLE on Monday with a Fullsize reserved and I would have been happy with a Malibu as well. I was even happier with the G 2018 Chevy Impala V-6 LT with 6,400 miles and working Sirius/XM they gave me.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.