Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by jtav559
Any experience on arriving 1 or 2 hours before your original reservation time? Headed into LAX and likely will catch an earlier flight, putting me in about 2 hours earlier than originally expected. Wondering if there is any up charge or issue with checking out of the lot in advance of the pre-set time.
Broadly, not an issue, but it will make your dropoff time 2 hours earlier (i.e. if you're booked to pickup at 11:30AM on Tuesday, returning by 11:30AM on Thursday, and you show up at 9:30AM, then you'll need to have the car back by 9:30AM on Thursday if you don't want to be charged for the extra time).
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Broadly, not an issue, but it will make your dropoff time 2 hours earlier (i.e. if you're booked to pickup at 11:30AM on Tuesday, returning by 11:30AM on Thursday, and you show up at 9:30AM, then you'll need to have the car back by 9:30AM on Thursday if you don't want to be charged for the extra time).
It was my understanding that there was a 4 hour grace period for PC members on returns before the charge for add'l time kicked in?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:12 pm

That’s only with the Amex Platinum cdp.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by jtav559
It was my understanding that there was a 4 hour grace period for PC members on returns before the charge for add'l time kicked in?
Only if you have an Amex Platinum card and use that CDP, and not in every market (applies in the US, mixed internationally).
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by maarten22
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Only if you have an Amex Platinum card and use that CDP, and not in every market (applies in the US, mixed internationally).
Ahh, ok! That would make sense. Thanks
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Hertz Pellston/PLN
September 2018

I booked my usual full-size to drive to Charlevoix for the weekend. I was given a 2018 Buick Envision with 10,000 miles on it. It was actually much nicer than I expected, although a sunroof would have been nice.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: DAL, HTZ
Louisville/SDF has been really well stocked. Booked intermediate twice over the last couple weeks and was pre-assigned 1) Dodge Challenger (hilarious car but had a blast driving it for the week), and just picked up 2) Q50. Several comparables in the lot, I'm sure every PC member was getting something similar. Overall two pretty fast cars that I enjoyed driving
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Hello FT,

I haven’t rented with Hertz before but have PC status through FC. When I reserve it says service: standard counter at FLL. Do I really need to stand in the standard line or can I go out and get something from PC and head to the gate? I have a full size car reservation, is there any benefit to have a full size versus a couple dollars less for intermediate? Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:36 am

First time you have to go to the counter.
xfire22 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Ah that is nice to know... forgot that was a feature.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
First time you have to go to the counter.
Also, you don't have to go to the "Standard" counter--you can go to the Gold kiosk and they'll happily help you there (that will likely be faster if there's a line). Once your information is verified by the agent, your name will immediately go up on the board and you'll then be able to choose from the PC row as normal.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:20 pm

Trying to use points to reserve a Prestige model such as A3, C300, and Rover, the cost if i pay is only $570. they gladly accept my reservation using cash but as i previously indicated, the LAX Hertz won't accept points for the reservation.

I can use points to rent an Intermediate car for two weeks also costing $570. So, you can use points to rent an Intermediate for two weeks costing $570 but CANNOT use points to rent an A3, C300, or Rover with a reservation costing $570.

At the reservation site, you can click Using Points so you would go through the entire reservation until the point you click Final.

At LAX in early December, anyone able to use points to read a Prestige model such as the ones I described?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 8, 2018 at 3:39 pm Reason: Consecutive posts merged
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:43 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The responses to the post above have been moved to the following thread: Unable to Redeem Hertz Points for a Prestige Rental?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, SW A-List Preferred, Hilton Diamond, AmEx Gold
Originally Posted by xfire22
Hello FT,

I haven’t rented with Hertz before but have PC status through FC. When I reserve it says service: standard counter at FLL. Do I really need to stand in the standard line or can I go out and get something from PC and head to the gate? I have a full size car reservation, is there any benefit to have a full size versus a couple dollars less for intermediate? Thanks!
what does FC stand for?
Just got PC status through United Mileage Plus cc (Chase).
First Rental with Hertz coming up. What should I expect?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Originally Posted by PeterZ60

what does FC stand for?
Just got PC status through United Mileage Plus cc (Chase).
First Rental with Hertz coming up. What should I expect?
FoundersCard. I can let you know tomorrow how it goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.