Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, SW A-List Preferred, Hilton Diamond, AmEx Gold
Originally Posted by xfire22

FoundersCard. I can let you know tomorrow how it goes.

thx.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Originally Posted by PeterZ60

thx.
I got to FLL and had a carfirmation email that said pick from GOLD, compact, mid, or full on midsize reservation. I checked the board it also said GOLD. I told the greeter about being assigned GOLD but a PC member. She said just pick from PC ... grabbed a 2018 Suburban LT and headed out. No problems at the gate and she even gave me the Complimentary water.

Great experience at Hertz.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, SW A-List Preferred, Hilton Diamond, AmEx Gold
Originally Posted by xfire22

I got to FLL and had a carfirmation email that said pick from GOLD, compact, mid, or full on midsize reservation. I checked the board it also said GOLD. I told the greeter about being assigned GOLD but a PC member. She said just pick from PC ... grabbed a 2018 Suburban LT and headed out. No problems at the gate and she even gave me the Complimentary water.

Great experience at Hertz.
As PC member, what’s best way to avoid counter and go straight to waiting car?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond

I would expect you’ll get a carfirmation email when you land telling you to do so.

if not I’ve read first rental they verify you at the counter and leave it open so you still go out and pick from PC regardless.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC

Just do it. Carfirmation or not you're good to go.

Just ignore the counter, go straight to the PC section, pick out a car (Make sure the key is in the car), load your bags and drive to the exit. As long as all your information is in your Hertz profile and your reservation is in the system all you need to do is hand your license to the gate agent.

They'll ask you the mileage, they'll ask you if the car is fully fueled, they'll ask if you want the fuel option, they'll give you your license back with or without a copy of the contract and you're on you way.

You don't have to have a paper copy of the contract although it's nice to have though in case you get stopped and need to show who the car belongs to. They'll also email a copy of the contract to your email address on file almost as soon as you leave the exit gate.

Now, this doesn't apply for every airport. Only the larger airports have the PC section. At smaller airports you still have to stop at the counter.
xfire22 likes this.

Last edited by KenTarmac; Oct 14, 2018 at 7:27 am
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by dbaudrate
I didn't know that. How does that work? Do you have to set it up on the Hertz side or the Delta side?

Delta side. I'm a Diamond with them and one of the perks of that particular status is PC. It took literally four or five months of wrangling with them but I eventually became PC. I'm pretty sure as a 2019 Platinum (dropping unfortunately) PC comes comes with that elite level as well.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
What levels of cars are in Presidents Circle?

Seems whether I book a full size, premium, luxury, small suv etc, I always just end up in PC.

Whats the best strategy on utilizing Presidents Circle to maximize the best car and value (lowest cost).
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:51 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Your question, "What[']s the best strategy on utilizing Presidents Circle to maximize the best car and value (lowest cost)[?]" does not seem to match your thread title, "What levels of cars are in Presidents Circle?"

In response to your question, if you are at an airport location that offers Ultimate Choice service, then the best practice is to book the cheapest rate for a car other than an Economy or Compact and then take the best you can find in the PC, 5*, or non-assigned spaces or look for something in the paid upgrades. If you want the certainty of a SUV, minivan, or something better than a Premium, then book it.

For non-Ultimate Choice locations, participating locations offer a one-class upgrade up to a Premium. Non-participating locations will give you what you booked and maybe something better (or worse).

In response to your thread title, just do a search in this forum by the airport code you will be renting from and hopefully there will be an existing thread that has the information sought.
AutoSlash, Yllanes, jizen and 1 others like this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 14, 2018 at 5:50 pm
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:34 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by avi8tir
Seems whether I book a full size, premium, luxury, small suv etc, I always just end up in PC.

Whats the best strategy on utilizing Presidents Circle to maximize the best car and value (lowest cost).
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Your question, "What[']s the best strategy on utilizing Presidents Circle to maximize the best car and value (lowest cost)[?]" does not seem to match your thread title, "What levels of cars are in Presidents Circle?"

In response to your question, if you are at an airport location that offers Ultimate Choice service, then the best practice is to book the cheapest rate for a car other than an Economy or Compact and then take the best you can find in the PC, 5*, or non-assigned spaces or look for something in the paid upgrades. If you want the certainty of a SUV, minivan, or something better than a Premium, then book it.

For non-Ultimate Choice locations, participating locations offer a one-class upgrade up to a Premium. Non-participating locations will give you what you booked and maybe something better (or worse).

In response to your thread title, just do a search in this forum by the airport code you will be renting from and hopefully there will be an existing thread that has the information sought.
I merged the thread with the general PC experience thread.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz mod
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Recently I was irritated by Hertz at Knoxville on several levels, and honestly it's enough to keep steering my business over to Avis (I have both statuses and similar corp rates). So since FT is great for venting and there's a thread, here goes

When we landed we went out to the Gold booth and it was closed, and next to the booth I saw an Infiniti parked in a slot marked "President's Circle". We went back inside to the desk and we had been assigned a Chevy Malibu. At other airports I've been able to take any car in the Gold or PC lane, so with that in mind I asked for the Infiniti and was denied, and was even refused any other upgrade. I think it's because I was on a one-way rental and they didn't want to lose a nice car, but that isn't exactly my problem.

A more grievous error was being overcharged for 30 minutes of time we didn't use (pushed us over 3 days). Customer service fixed it over the phone, but what we hadn't noticed at pickup was that the pre-printed slip was showing a pickup time that matched our flight landing time, not the time we had reserved (which accounted for disembarking and waited for checked luggage).
Old Nov 17, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Just rented from CHC, no PC area but had small SUV reserved and was given Mitsubishi Eclipse with 20KM -yes brand new. It was spotless and everything worked. Returned to ZQN with 770km. Billing spot on too. Another good rental in NZ.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by aspenedelen
Delta side. I'm a Diamond with them and one of the perks of that particular status is PC. It took literally four or five months of wrangling with them but I eventually became PC. I'm pretty sure as a 2019 Platinum (dropping unfortunately) PC comes comes with that elite level as well.
Both. Go to the Delta pink someone posted
But then, after a week or so, you will have to email Hertz at [email protected]

Include a screen shot of your Platinum card.

if you don't here back in a week or so, email again as ask for a status update
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Gig103
At other airports I've been able to take any car in the Gold or PC lane, so with that in mind I asked for the Infiniti and was denied, and was even refused any other upgrade. I think it's because I was on a one-way rental and they didn't want to lose a nice car, but that isn't exactly my problem.
I think you are right re: the one-way rental. Did you happen to notice if the car they gave you had non-local license plates? We recently had a one-way that we picked up at MCO but the car was licensed out-of-state (can't remember now, may have been Tennessee).

My theory is that cars that don't belong to the fleet of the location you are renting from are a bit problematic for them, so if they get a chance to offload it on a one-way, they will do so. In our case, it wasn't a problem because it was an upgrade (nearly brand new Chrysler 300) and we only rented it for one-day on points to get from the airport to our destination. We also had lots of luggage which was easily accommodated.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by SusanDK
I think you are right re: the one-way rental. Did you happen to notice if the car they gave you had non-local license plates? We recently had a one-way that we picked up at MCO but the car was licensed out-of-state (can't remember now, may have been Tennessee).

My theory is that cars that don't belong to the fleet of the location you are renting from are a bit problematic for them, so if they get a chance to offload it on a one-way, they will do so. In our case, it wasn't a problem because it was an upgrade (nearly brand new Chrysler 300) and we only rented it for one-day on points to get from the airport to our destination. We also had lots of luggage which was easily accommodated.
What location a car comes from does not matter for corporate owned cars. They are totally interchangeable and corporate locations should not care about taking them on one-ways.

It does get sticky with franchise-owned cars. If someone takes a franchise car one-way to a corporate location the franchise has to get it back.
SusanDK and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by SusanDK
We recently had a one-way that we picked up at MCO but the car was licensed out-of-state (can't remember now, may have been Tennessee).
It was almost certainly Blount County, TN. The county's rules around license plate renewal (there's either no annual plate renewal fee, or it's minimal) make a very attractive place for rental fleets to license their cars. There are limits to how much of the fleet Hertz can title there, but they do as much as they can. I read somewhere that they do such volume that they actually paid the county to hire an employee who just handles their plate issuance and transfers.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.