Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

Didn't realize Delta medallion status levels get PC status. I've always been 5* via earning it. Interested to see how it goes this year with upgrades and service.

Question - It says one class upgrade 'confirmed'. IE should get this everytime? Not sure I understand the wording.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Didn't realize Delta medallion status levels get PC status. I've always been 5* via earning it. Interested to see how it goes this year with upgrades and service.

Question - It says one class upgrade 'confirmed'. IE should get this everytime? Not sure I understand the wording.
You should get the one class upgrade every time (at least in the US). Note that it's only from Compact to Midsize, or Midsize to Fullsize.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
You should get the one class upgrade every time (at least in the US). Note that it's only from Compact to Midsize, or Midsize to Fullsize.
Copy.

That is what it sounded like. I usually book Compact or Midsize as traveling alone and the car sits in a parking lot 99% of the time with barely any miles so getting something bigger or special never really matters.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Didn't realize Delta medallion status levels get PC status.
I didn't know that. How does that work? Do you have to set it up on the Hertz side or the Delta side?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dbaudrate
I didn't know that. How does that work? Do you have to set it up on the Hertz side or the Delta side?
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...s-benefit.html
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Finally turning 25 years old and being PC, I have had very good experiences(since I can finally book dream/adrenaline cars without sneaking by their age restriction).

I always book PCAR with points, or pay for FCAR/PCAR(depending on price range) and try for an upgrade.

In the past year(2016), I've gotten discounted rates to upgrade($25-$100 daily w/ unlimited miles) on the following:
Porsche 911
Porsche Panorama
Porsche Boxster
Porsche Cayman
Shelby GT-H
Mercedes C63 AMG

I know they aren't free upgrades but the walk up/bookable rates are always 2x-4x higher than these, plus you don't get the unlimited miles! They always point out that these rates are offered to me as a valued PC member.

I've also received free upgrades to the following cars:
Mercedes SLK250
Mercedes C Class
Mercedes E Class
Mercedes GL550
GMC Yukon
Mustang Convertible
Mustang GT Convertible
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
From what I recall when picking up at HNL the normal line was quite long and I was able to walk up and get my convertible mustang in no time at the status counter.
I'm needing to book 2 cars for my family vacation this summer.
1) Am I able to book both cars from my account/name and then have my Dad be an authorized driver on one of them?
2) If not and I just do a normal booking not logged into my account would I get any grief from the PC rental agent about picking up their car too? I'm more used to flying with family where they can use the FF elite lines with me.

Didn't think this warranted its own thread but hoping someone can point me in the right direction to do it.
Thanks
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
1) I have done this before. Two reservations, one for myself and one for my dad. I was able to do this but I don't know the official rules.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Today at BNE I had rented a Toyota Yaris (or similar) which I think is Economy Standard and was given the option of a Camary or Kuga (which is a fairly decent sized mid-size SUV) I went ahead and took the Kuga.
I thought there were no upgrades outside of US/Canada/Europe for PC members?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by humblenewbie
I thought there were no upgrades outside of US/Canada/Europe for PC members?
Maybe they were out of the class I had originally booked at BNE?

Also thanks to the other poster about 2 resv at same time in your name. Would love another anecdote or two from others. If I made 2 they wouldn't cancel them right? Would hate to get off at HNL and have to deal with that vs a little extra shuffling of papers to make my Dad an auth driver on one of them.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
From what I recall when picking up at HNL the normal line was quite long and I was able to walk up and get my convertible mustang in no time at the status counter.
I'm needing to book 2 cars for my family vacation this summer.
1) Am I able to book both cars from my account/name and then have my Dad be an authorized driver on one of them?
2) If not and I just do a normal booking not logged into my account would I get any grief from the PC rental agent about picking up their car too? I'm more used to flying with family where they can use the FF elite lines with me.

Didn't think this warranted its own thread but hoping someone can point me in the right direction to do it.
Thanks
Booked the Full Size and then went to book Standard SUV and got this:
We’ve detected what seems to be a duplicate reservation. This can happen if you accidentally click the Submit button more than once. We have blocked this duplicate reservation to prevent you from being charged twice. Please check your e-mail for an accurate confirmation of your reservation. If you actually do need to make 2 identical reservations, please call Hertz. [DE356]

Called, got transferred around once and eventually at web support desk they were able to book me the Group L along with my existing G.

Last edited by JVPhoto; Jan 18, 2017 at 11:27 am
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Just rented my first Hertz in quite a while ... realized that after 10 years as PC, I am now 5 Star. Still find it odd that after 10 years as a PC, no one from Hertz would ever contact me and say "hey, we noticed you no longer rent from us 40-50 times a year, is there a problem."

Any we'll see if I still fail to get an upgrade, are given a car with 40K miles, as a 5 Star At least, I don't expect them to give me the guaranteed upgrade or try to explain to me that a smaller car is an upgrade from a larger car ...
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA, LH, AS, AB
Consistently upgraded in Germany/Austria.
FRA -> BMW 3er class reserved -> BMW 5er Wagon
SZG -> BMW 3er class reserved -> Audi Q5
MUC -> BMW 3er class reserved -> Volvo XC90
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:54 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WaxComb
Consistently upgraded in Germany/Austria.
FRA -> BMW 3er class reserved -> BMW 5er Wagon
SZG -> BMW 3er class reserved -> Audi Q5
MUC -> BMW 3er class reserved -> Volvo XC90
You are lucky. I booked 3er in DUS and always get upgraded to 3er Wagon.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

MCO - Booked C Wed-Sun
Landed and was upgraded to a Mustang Convertible.

Had to change via app to a Hyundai Elantra. Had 3 people and need the space. Otherwise a great upgrade generally speaking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.