Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SEA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at SEA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:32 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Cymro
They had some seriously nice cars in the $25/day upgrade line - only to be told that, despite the signs "We don't do that any more - we do have the Gold Choice area but they're over $100 a day.")
Huh, that's interesting. I don't think the locations really have much of a choice about this since it's driven by corporate. Of course local management can choose to not put any vehicles in the UC Premium Upgrades section, but if a vehicle is in that specific section, then it should absolutely be rentable for $35/day or $25/day if you're a PC member. I personally would make a stink about this and complain to management in an attempt to force their hand. Furthermore, I'd ding them on the post-rental survey and take pics and send them to Hertz corp with an explanation of what happened.

My point is not to be a jerk, but to make the individual locations accountable for how this program is supposed to work. If they are not following the rules set out by Hertz corp., then I would think that corp. should be informed so they can set things straight with the location. I'd encourage anyone who experiences this type of situation to do the same so we can all benefit from how the program is supposed to actually work.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Already tweeted to @hertz with the #ultimatechoice and #seatac hashtags.

No pics, and the cars were parked in front of the signs but the signs were still very much in evidence against the wall.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
How is the quality of the PFAR section at Sea? Renting one way SEA-LAS (5 weeks) and preferable getting a Yukon XL/ Surburban but preferable not a base model without any options. In DFW i know everyone and get great cars but never rented in Seattle before. As it's a long trip and lot of mountain/national park driving i don't want to be stuck with a high mileager. So if anyone rents alot of pfar at this location feel free to share experience
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:26 pm

I will be renting at SEA during Thanksgiving for four days, was able to find a very cheap compact rate but midsize is four times higher rate. Does anyone has any experience whether I can choose from PC area when booking a compact?
I was able to do that at ORD though. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Eurostar CB
Hey- renting from hertz in sea in just under a month (the 22nd..., oh christmas...) and i've managed to get a decent rate on the "Standard Elite Crossover (Group Z4) RGDR" group. I needed to guarantee a larger vehicle as I'm gonna be hauling family up the mountain for our gathering. I'm curious though... having rented at SEA a few times (mostly Avis or Alamo.. - corp discounts) i've found the stock on the floors to sometimes be absolutely meager and sometimes to be a total glut. Really depends on what flights come in, i guess.

Does anyone know what the likely vehicle i'll be getting for that group? not really keen on playing roulette with the rental, but if i could knock a couple hundred bucks off i'd be in heaven, so what's the upgrade status from that group typically? I know it's a prestige rental group- does that change things, vis a vis the CVI?

thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:12 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by imajes
Hey- renting from hertz in sea in just under a month (the 22nd..., oh christmas...) and i've managed to get a decent rate on the "Standard Elite Crossover (Group Z4) RGDR" group. I needed to guarantee a larger vehicle as I'm gonna be hauling family up the mountain for our gathering. I'm curious though... having rented at SEA a few times (mostly Avis or Alamo.. - corp discounts) i've found the stock on the floors to sometimes be absolutely meager and sometimes to be a total glut. Really depends on what flights come in, i guess.

Does anyone know what the likely vehicle i'll be getting for that group? not really keen on playing roulette with the rental, but if i could knock a couple hundred bucks off i'd be in heaven, so what's the upgrade status from that group typically? I know it's a prestige rental group- does that change things, vis a vis the CVI?

thanks!
You'd be looking at something along the lines of an Infiniti QX60. Basically, a large luxury SUV that can accommodate at least 7 passengers. There really is no upgrade available when booking something in the Prestige class. You might get something nicer if what you reserved is not available, but you're not entitled to anything regardless of status or PC code used.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Eurostar CB
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You'd be looking at something along the lines of an Infiniti QX60. Basically, a large luxury SUV that can accommodate at least 7 passengers. There really is no upgrade available when booking something in the Prestige class. You might get something nicer if what you reserved is not available, but you're not entitled to anything regardless of status or PC code used.
Gotcha. that's roughly how i saw it -- not sure i'm super excited about the infiniti, but hoping for the alternate-- discovery? or if i read that there are mercedes, that'd be preferable! thanks for the info.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:26 pm

one of the best selections of cars in the presidents circle i've seen so far (almost 30+ rentals this year at a variety of locations) They had a wide selection of cars, some huge Yukon XLs, Infiniti's, some sedans and 3 Escalade's (one of which we took) - Under $300 for a one-way rental from SEA to LAX for a week in an Escalade is pretty good value in my opinion. Time of pick up probably helped - picked up Monday 4th Dec, 11pm.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
Best car in the PC aisle was one Infiniti Q60 & took it. All non-premium Japanese brands plus a couple of Ford SUVs beside that.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
The past few times I've been in SEA, the PC section was pretty much the same:

- Some 300s
- Some Avalons
- Decent amount of Q50s
- Occasionally a Ford Explorer (base) or Nissan Armada
- Tons of other basic full-size like Fusions, Altimas, Sonatas

I usually just grab an Avalon, since they're almost always there and I like consistency.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:55 pm

Rented on 3/17, PC selection -
  • A few Q50s
  • 2 Cadillacs sedans
  • 1 QX60
  • Several Nissans sedans
  • Picked up the only Q60 coupe
Old May 19, 2018, 11:24 pm

PC selection today had a few Q50s, a few more Chrysler 300s, and a couple of Nissan and Ford SUVs.
Old May 21, 2018, 4:31 am

My wife and I are flying into Seattle on Saturday and driving across the country to Houston. I have reserved an L class luxury car. The list is pretty big for this car am I definitely getting a 300 C? I would prefer almost any other car in that class. What are the chances of getting something like a BMW or Volvo?
I am not a member of the presidents club or five star. Just “Gold”
Old May 21, 2018, 8:25 am

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Exodus5
My wife and I are flying into Seattle on Saturday and driving across the country to Houston. I have reserved an L class luxury car. The list is pretty big for this car am I definitely getting a 300 C? I would prefer almost any other car in that class. What are the chances of getting something like a BMW or Volvo?
I am not a member of the presidents club or five star. Just “Gold”
Probably a 300, maybe an Avalon, doubtful a BMW or Volvo.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by ALARISstl

Probably a 300, maybe an Avalon, doubtful a BMW or Volvo.
Is it usually a 300C or do they try to sneak in regular 300’s?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.