Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SEA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at SEA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Oct 10, 2021, 11:55 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived on a Saturday around 4pm and found a P4 2020 BMW 430i Gran Coupe in PC. It has 22,000 miles on the odometer and working Sirius/XM.

I also noted a Chrysler 300, a few Ford F-150s, a Buick Encore GLX, and a Ford Mustang convertible amount the few other cars in PC. Five Star looked empty.

A PC friend who arrived the day before me found nothing but a Chevy Malibu LT.
anteater and Ordpc like this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 10, 2021 at 5:55 pm
Old Oct 15, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Hello everybody,

Anybody rented from SEA lately?
I'm gonna be there for Christmas, very curious to know what cars have been around these past couple months...
Old Dec 4, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: Hertz, National
Rented Saturday night. Very quiet, most of the lot was vacant.
PC had two rows open (mostly SUVs).
Ford Edge, Explorer
Chevy Equinox, Traverse
Buick Encore
Mustang convertible
Toyota Avalon (the only sedan)
some Minivans: Voyager, Sienna
Nissan Frontier pickup truck
zarathoustra03 likes this.
Old May 22, 2023, 2:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any recent experiences here? I have a Hertz midsize PC reservation, as well as one at Avis where I am presidents club member, but it is a bit more than Hertz is. Wondering which one to keep. I'm leaning on going with Hertz as it is about 70$ cheaper for the weekly rate as Avis is.
Old May 24, 2023, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat
Any recent updates on selection here?
Old May 30, 2023, 8:14 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Memorial Day 13:00 pickup.
PC had a bunch of SUV's, some Pick-up trucks, lots of Nissan Maxima and one Ford Mustang, which we took :-).
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 1:07 pm

Pleasantly surprised yesterday. Wanted to rent a polestar to try it out but had enough points for a intermediate/mid class PC booking for a week.

Decided to do that instead and the PC lot had a Polestar 2! Pretty much brand new 2400 miles with Florida plates. Few Model Ys as well, along with mustangs, 1 minivan, some mid size SUVs. This was around 11 PM though.
thomas199023 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Any idea what a A6 manager special is?
Old Oct 9, 2023, 11:00 pm

Went 3X in the week of 10/2-10/8.
1) 10/2 Tuesday late AM - choose your own CX5/Rogue/Camry. Chevy Bolt EV available and new gen Toyota Prius.
Asked for an upgrade but was told that Teslas have a minimum daily rate and they couldn't offer me something else from full size section.
2) 10/6 Friday late PM - even worse selection.
3) 10/8 Sunday late PM - pretty empty but had a Jeep Gladiator available.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aaron Yim
Went 3X in the week of 10/2-10/8.
1) 10/2 Tuesday late AM - choose your own CX5/Rogue/Camry. Chevy Bolt EV available and new gen Toyota Prius.
Asked for an upgrade but was told that Teslas have a minimum daily rate and they couldn't offer me something else from full size section.
2) 10/6 Friday late PM - even worse selection.
3) 10/8 Sunday late PM - pretty empty but had a Jeep Gladiator available.
Interesting - when I got there 9:30pm everyone got to choose from 5*. Got myself a XC60.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 12:43 am

With a reservation for SUV (B4), will I be able to pick from PC lot? I have PC status from Venture X.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 2:58 pm

We're renting from SEA, 26th December this year. We rented Fullsize (FCAR) and i'm 5 Star anyway. (oneway rent...we give it back in vancouver)

Now...i'm not really used to common US brands and makes are there any AWD cars available typically? As we're going into Canada i would at least prefer
an AWD car...prolly can't expect proper winter tires in Seattle i guess.

So...which cars (if available..) are likely to have AWD and would be included in Gold or 5* or Fullsize?
Old Dec 3, 2023, 7:40 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Welcome to FlyerTalk, DeeJayTC !

The best advice I can give is to look for small and midsize SUV in 5* and Gold; they would be most likely to have AWD. An easy way to tell is look for "AWD" badging on the liftgates of the vehicles; automakers very commonly put them there. Also look for Subaru vehicles; any Subaru you see will have AWD.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeeJayTC
We're renting from SEA, 26th December this year. We rented Fullsize (FCAR) and i'm 5 Star anyway. (oneway rent...we give it back in vancouver)

Now...i'm not really used to common US brands and makes are there any AWD cars available typically? As we're going into Canada i would at least prefer
an AWD car...prolly can't expect proper winter tires in Seattle i guess.

So...which cars (if available..) are likely to have AWD and would be included in Gold or 5* or Fullsize?
From what I know all cars have all seasons tires and with the M+S sign. The most important thing is to look for the Mountain with M+S sign and the thread. You need this kind of tires to handle snow. I'm living in Scandinavia and I have a rear wheel drive but with proper winter tires on and it works fine. Check the tires carefully.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by nacho
From what I know all cars have all seasons tires and with the M+S sign. The most important thing is to look for the Mountain with M+S sign and the thread. You need this kind of tires to handle snow. I'm living in Scandinavia and I have a rear wheel drive but with proper winter tires on and it works fine. Check the tires carefully.
Wow good hint! I thought in december cars would all have m+s tire or winter tires.Thats good to know. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.