Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SEA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at SEA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold PC,Virgin Atlantic Silver,SAS Eurobonus Silver
I rented in early May and they did seem to have a nice selection of cars in PC including a couple of Ford Fusion Hybrids, Dodge Charger, Lexus Q50 and Q60, Chrysler 300 and 300S and er Hyundai Sonanta and a Kia Optima. They has some SUVs too but I didn't want an SUV so didn't take much notice of them.

I took a low mileage 2018 300S (had just over 500 miles on the clock) that was fully loaded with gadgets and toys (nice to have a car where all the buttons had a function and where not blanked out). Took it mainly as it had the panoramic sunroof (and it was nice it also had Adaptive Cruise Control, Sat Nav (including weather and traffic updates and fuel costs on route which was very handy), Sirius XM, Lane sense, blind spot monitoring, park sense and rear view camera). I was driving from Seattle to Chicago.... Cost me just over $30 a day with LDW too.

Last edited by Jamtex; May 21, 2018 at 12:49 pm
Old May 21, 2018, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Dyfed Hitchings
I rented in early May and they did seem to have a nice selection of cars in PC including a couple of Ford Fusion Hybrids, Dodge Charger, Lexus Q50 and Q60, Chrysler 300 and 300S and er Hyundai Sonanta and a Kia Optima. They has some SUVs too but I didn't want an SUV so didn't take much notice of them.

I took a low mileage 2018 300S (had just over 500 miles on the clock) that was fully loaded with gadgets and toys (nice to have a car where all the buttons had a function and where not blanked out). Took it mainly as it had the panoramic sunroof (and it was nice it also had Adaptive Cruise Control, Sat Nav (including weather and traffic updates and fuel costs on route which was very handy), Sirius XM, Lane sense, blind spot monitoring, park sense and rear view camera). I was driving from Seattle to Chicago.... Cost me just over $30 a day with LDW too.
$30 a day? Im using my corporate discount and still (taxes and all) they have me charged about $84 per day.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold PC,Virgin Atlantic Silver,SAS Eurobonus Silver
Originally Posted by Exodus5
$30 a day? Im using my corporate discount and still (taxes and all) they have me charged about $84 per day.
I did rent it for 3 weeks and it seemed to be a good price from Seattle to O'Hare in Chicago. Going from SEA to the nearest Hertz location to where I am currently staying it would have worked out at around $75 a day.

I've also had PC for 5 years now and use a credit card CDP and I am getting good rates. It's funny that my wife has her own account (standard gold) and even not using LDW (using credit card for insurance) and using the similar CDP it still came to double the amount I could get it for including the LDW...
Old May 23, 2018, 3:53 pm

Does anyone know what kind of options might await me in the Five Star section?
Old May 29, 2018, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by juhlee
Does anyone know what kind of options might await me in the Five Star section?
Just to close the loop here: Picked up early Saturday afternoon of Memorial Day weekend. 5* and PC were well stocked with Q50s and Chrysler 300s (didn't notice the trim except for one 300S in 5*). I'm pretty sure I even spied a Q50 or two in Gold. Nothing else really notable...I believe there was a Silverado in 5* and an Evoque or two in the upgrade section. I ended up taking a Wrangler JK with less than 2K miles on it because I've never driven one before and thought it'd be fun. It was.

When I returned in the evening on Memorial Day, the selection was far less interesting (Altima/Malibu types).
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
Decent Selection

Pretty good selection on a Saturday morning in June. Looking through 5S & PC I saw tons of Chrysler 300s in all trims and the usual Nissan sedans. Multiple Infinity q50 & qx60s, Full size pickups (F150 & Silverado's) and a few Pathfinders and Jeep Wranglers ( 2 or 4 doors), Charger RTs and even a Camaro.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:19 am

Anyone who frequents SEA knows that which day/time of the week has generally the best selection?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:47 pm

To close out my "loop"...We got a Chrysler 300S (fully loaded, V6) with very low miles and drove it Seattle to Houston with zero issues. There were many 300's, so if you rent "luxury" you are definitely getting a 300
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Hi,

I rented a standard size SUV at SEA from December 13th to December 28th. I was hoping for a Grand Cherokee as featured model shown on Hertz website. Actually, I was first assigned a Kia Sorento... Meh... I looked around in the standard size SUV lot and Five Star lot. I was not really enthusiastic about the choice offered in this location : a bunch of Sorentos, a Santa Fe, and some sedans in the Five Star lot but I was really looking for a AWD vehicle.

I ended up with a Ford Explorer XLT, which was IMHO the best choice I could make at that time and for my needs. Actually, I really enjoyed it - great car, very comfy, safe and very good gas mileage for this category (between 21 and 22 mpg for around 1500 miles during my trip).

Have a good New Year's Eve y'all!
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up Saturday at 9:30 AM

Pretty extensive selection in the PC aisle including a number of pick up trucks and SUVs and the expected sedans including a few 300Ss and a Taurus I considered but rejected in favor of a Mustang (pictured in the first picture) with 16,000 miles.
Old May 31, 2019, 12:43 am

Probably my best experience with PC today (Thursday) at SEA around 4:30-5pm. Varied selection in PC, and it was being restocked well too.
A few Q50s, a QX50 (all with 15kish miles), a pickup, a Mercedes GLC 300 (22k mi), Impalas, Taurus, a few other SUVs.
I ended up taking a Mustang GT convertible with 300 miles on the clock; very surprised to see the GT version in the PC aisle. Will hopefully be a nice ride this week.
​​​​​
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Booked a Group K4 JGDR for an October trip, with reservation stating this is a Range Rover Velar or similar... Does anyone have any experience with this booking class at SEA?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:04 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived on a Saturday around 1000 and found the PC section about half full. I recall seeing a few Chevy Impala, a Chrysler 300s, Jaguar XF, Infiniti Q50, Kia Sorrento, and a pair of Cadillac XT4. I took the one with lower mileage; it was an H4 2020 Cadillac XT4 Premium Luxury FWD with 1,700 miles, panoramic sunroof, and working Sirius/XM.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
I arrived on Friday morning with a K4/JGDR reservation (Range Rover Velar, or similar) and ended up in a Jaguar F-Pace. Nice enough car, but would have preferred the RR. Agree with FlyinHawaiian, quite a few XT4 and Infiniti when I got there.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by TexasTea
I arrived on Friday morning with a K4/JGDR reservation (Range Rover Velar, or similar) and ended up in a Jaguar F-Pace. Nice enough car, but would have preferred the RR. Agree with FlyinHawaiian, quite a few XT4 and Infiniti when I got there.
Hi, could you tell us if the F-Pace has a carplay or navigation?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.