Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at PHX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at PHX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
I've never seen a two door Wrangler at any Hertz location. I got a 4 door wrangler at Hertz ELP last year in fact, a loaded Sahara model. Good luck.
Nice, thanks a lot! Hope they do the same at PHX location.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:21 pm

Picking up a V4 from the Adrenaline Collection this upcoming Friday, and praying to the highest that I don't end up with a Challenger RT. May even switch my reservation to a U4 just to ensure that I don't end up with one.

Anyone seen any hardtop Camaro SS's lately? Or Mustang GT's? Camaro SS is the preference, but I'd definitely prefer a Mustang over a Challenger.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:54 pm

Update about some SUV pickup info

Got there July 4th 2019, all 4 door Jeep Wrangler model, varies from sport unlimited to Sahara. All look pretty new and we got a 2019 Sahara Unlimited model. Full size pickup truck are all Ram 1500 4x4 SLT. Took the Jeep for some off road, sand driving, did great.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 11:16 am

Just picked up yesterday (July 12, 2019).

Booked a V4, and all they had were black or grey Challenger RTs. Ended up having to call Hertz customer service to have my reservation to be modified to a U4 (absolutely did not want a Challenger), so my booking with points was modified and I walked away with a black 2019 Camaro SS convertible with a little more than 10k on the clock.

PC was majority Chrysler 300s. Like... a LOT of Chrysler 300s. Literally any color and feature combination that you could want, assuming you wanted a Chrysler 300. Then there were a sprinkling of Dodge Chargers, one Dodge Challenger RT, and a bunch of the other usual suspects, but their PC stock was pretty full for a Friday mid-morning.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:27 pm

Thursday night / Friday morning at 1am was pretty cleared out, a few convertibles and a Ram 2500 with a few other assorted sedans.

Tonight (Monday) was much better stocked:
- 8+ Suburbans and a Yukon XL (not cleaned at all, chicken nuggets on the floor)
- 2-3 Tahoes
- Mustang convertible (V6)
- 2 Camaro convertibles (not sure if V6 or SS)
- F-150 Lariat
- Ram 2500 again
- Chrysler 300

Interesting to see the 2500s in the fleet lately.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by missingcolours
Thursday night / Friday morning at 1am was pretty cleared out, a few convertibles and a Ram 2500 with a few other assorted sedans.

Tonight (Monday) was much better stocked:
- 8+ Suburbans and a Yukon XL (not cleaned at all, chicken nuggets on the floor)
It amazes me that they could miss cleaning up something that noticeable.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
It amazes me that they could miss cleaning up something that noticeable.
I doubt they did, probably just did the exterior and moved it along
Old Jun 25, 2020, 10:55 am

Picked up Friday 6/19 around 10:00 AM, PC had five cars: 3 Chrysler 300's, a Chevy Impala and a BMW 430 that I took. Be advised they're only allowing 10 passengers per rental car center shuttle bus. The line outside Terminal 4 was at least 150 deep, about 30-40 minute wait just to get a bus.
aztimm likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 11:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by BigJC
The line outside Terminal 4 was at least 150 deep, about 30-40 minute wait just to get a bus.
Are they at least suggesting that one person per group go to get the vehicle, leaving the others to watch luggage?
If I saw a line like that, I'd probably walk (or take the train) to T3, or even T2, and try the bus from there...or take an Uber
Old Jun 25, 2020, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by aztimm
Are they at least suggesting that one person per group go to get the vehicle, leaving the others to watch luggage?
If I saw a line like that, I'd probably walk (or take the train) to T3, or even T2, and try the bus from there...or take an Uber
No, although you would think that would be common sense. I'm thinking we just hit it at the wrong time when a bank of flights arrived to T4. Hate to see what happens when the flight schedules start picking up in July! We (party of 2) allowed extra time returning in case we ran into the same situation but of course we were the only ones on the return bus, Tuesday around 6 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:19 am

I have a reservation coming up in a couple of weeks at PHX, I've reserved a Small SUV Group Q4 IFAR (Q4) Nissan Rogue or similar, anyone have an idea on the odds of CarPlay? We'll be driving quite a bit (Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, etc.), and I'm not planning on paying for a GPS.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 11:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by hensleyrob
I have a reservation coming up in a couple of weeks at PHX, I've reserved a Small SUV Group Q4 IFAR (Q4) Nissan Rogue or similar, anyone have an idea on the odds of CarPlay? We'll be driving quite a bit (Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, etc.), and I'm not planning on paying for a GPS.
I believe in the Q4 class everything except the Outlander Sport and Journey have apple carplay
Old Dec 5, 2020, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by BigJC
Be advised they're only allowing 10 passengers per rental car center shuttle bus. The line outside Terminal 4 was at least 150 deep, about 30-40 minute wait just to get a bus.
Originally Posted by aztimm
Had a similar experience going the other direction recently.

After returning the rental, there were 3 separate lines for the T4 shuttles, probably around 30-40 people in each.

I just walked over to the T3 shuttle, which was conveniently boarding and had plenty of space.

Although I was scolded by the person loading the bags after he asked me "What airline?", and I said "AA, but I'll just take the Sky Train over to T4". He said "Well, you're not supposed to do that".

I just shrugged and took my seat.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 12:11 am

Sunday night ~9pm, PC was almost full:
- 20+ Camaros and Mustangs, every style (hardtop/convertible), engine, and color you want, including a 2021 Camaro
- 2x BMW X1
- Infiniti Q50
- F-150 Lariat
- Tons of small-midsize SUVs... Buick, Mitsubishi, Ford Escape
- Couple 7-seater SUVs - QX60 and Kia Sorento
- 2x Chrysler 300
- Dodge Grand Caravan

5* was much less interesting, mostly small SUVs, but there was a Mustang convertible in there too.
PerStockholm likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Any recent DPs on PC selections? I would be travelling to PHX in end of May, have both Hertz and National reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.