Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at PHX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at PHX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:53 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
National Executive Aisle blows away Hertz PC Aisle here (and everywhere else)
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by ALARISstl
Care to elaborate about your experience?
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 6:21 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ALARISstl
Ehhh that's really subjective. I've had plenty of poor Executive Aisle experiences and I find the National selection in PHX to be consistently mediocre.

Meanwhile I've found that Hertz has been stepping up their PC selection recently. I've been getting a lot of Infinitis as of late.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Did a 2 day rental at PHX. PC Aisle was pretty bare with compact SUV's and full size sedans. Mazda CX-9 was good but was taken as I got there. Was about to head to National when I spotted a BMW 230i Convertible. 2020 Dark Grey with 38k miles. Bit the bullet and took the Bimmer. Was a decent ride
Old May 11, 2022, 4:45 pm

Hi I am traveling from Singapore and booked for a long drive into Grand Canyon, Vegas and returning in LA. We are traveling for 2 weeks and 3 large suitcases with 2 kids. My reserved class is (Q4) Nissan Rogue or similar while I got a Ford Expedition from Avis. I am still deciding between the 2, what am I likely to end up with at Hertz?

thank you!
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hertz PC, IHG Gold
Late post, picked up at PHX a few days ago.

PC was full of Hemi R/T Chargers, 2 Genesis G70s, a Toyota Tacoma, some base spec Explorers and a ton of Ecoboost Mustang Convertibles. I took a BMW X3 and returned it last night.

Did not see what was in Gold or 5*
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:00 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Pretty decent selection on Friday 7/1 at 9 PM

I took a 2020 BMW X1 with 55,000 miles. Nice to see a mix of sedans, sports cars and SUVs.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:56 pm

Upcoming trip to Phx

I am arriving at PHX late next week. I have a reservation with National Executive Elite (Executive Aisle). I am used to how National works and like my experiences with them. I also have Hertzs President's Circle available. I checked and I can get a Medium Sedan (Class C) for around $70 cheaper than Executive Aisle at National.

Should I just stick with National or Should I roll the dice and try Hertz. I'd really like a Toyota 4Runner, a Jeep, or a Tacoma. Probably zero chance of getting those with National? Any chance I'll get it with Hertz?

Also, wanted to confirm if I go the Hertz route, I still get to walk past the desk and directly to the car?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 10:50 pm

Any recent reports?
Old Dec 16, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by KE81
Any recent reports?
The SkyTrain conrac station opens on Dec 20.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 3:02 pm

I stopped by briefly yesterday before going with National. President's Circle had a large amount of Mustangs and Chargers along with smaller SUV's. They did have 2 Infiniti Q50's and a Genesis G70 which intrigued me. The Genesis would have been my choice.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 10:32 am

On a recent Saturday afternoon, there were tons of Model 3s in PC. They might have just gotten a new delivery, since the one we chose had only 11 miles on it. Also saw a couple Mustangs and one Bronco.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:08 pm

Had a PC Aisle rental last week for a one way rental to TUS. PC had mostly SUV's and full size sedans with nothing I would say premium. It was a toss up between a Challenger and a Mustang GT with 14k miles. Went with the Mustang. Pretty decent fun car.
Auto Enthusiast and oftech like this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 6:24 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
Care to elaborate about your experience?
I just picked up a new Audi Q5 with less than 1,000 miles on it at National PHX for no up charge. That would never happen at Hertz.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by KenTarmac
I just picked up a new Audi Q5 with less than 1,000 miles on it at National PHX for no up charge. That would never happen at Hertz.
I have Executive Elite status with National so I'm well aware about the nice upgrades one can get. I've gotten a BMW X5, Audi Q5, and a rare M340i through National last year. without ever paying a dime extra. I'm just saying that Hertz at PHX isn't stingy either. I got a BMW X5 upgrade from a Premium sedan reservation for no up charge along with a Mustang GT 5.0 from President's circle. Is it a great upgrade? A little bit. Far better the Mustang than another Nissan Altima or Ford Escape in the PC Aisle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.