Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at PHX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at PHX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Sep 2, 2021, 12:03 pm

Mon, Aug 30th, around 9am:

Gold and 5* both had a big selection of small crossovers - Kia Souls, Niros, I think some Seltos. Also Nissan Kicks - lots of those. A few Chevy Malibu that were looking pretty aged.

PC had the same.. *lots* of tiny crossovers, and also some of the Korean and GM Midsizers as well. Saw the Mustang Convertibles and Fastbacks mentioned a few days ago as well.

Returned the following morning - seems like they had a pretty good inflow of similar models, as well as a small assortment of BMWs creeping back in.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Looking to book the GMC Yukon or similar at this location, what am I likely to get?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:47 am

Programs: Hertz PC
Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Looking to book the GMC Yukon or similar at this location, what am I likely to get?
I was just at PHX and they had a fresh shipment of 2022 or 2021 Yukon XL Denalis. Only Denali trim interestingly enough. I saw 30 or so, but I also saw some other more basic SUVs in that class like the expedition.
OPENROAD and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:48 am

Rented the week of Thanksgiving and it was Genesis galore!! Easily 30+ Genesis G70s (all base models but still nice) and a few loaded G80s. Rented at almost every major airport and PHX always has the best fleet.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by tb17
Rented the week of Thanksgiving and it was Genesis galore!! Easily 30+ Genesis G70s (all base models but still nice) and a few loaded G80s. Rented at almost every major airport and PHX always has the best fleet.
what class is the G70?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by corolla
what class is the G70?
It showed as class "I" on my receipt and key.
Ordpc and corolla like this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
I was at PHX today. Noticed a good variety of cars in PC isles. BMW, Genesis, Infiniti, and Big SUVs.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Reserved: (K4) Infiniti Q50
Offered: (T7) BMW X5

It may have had 47k miles but this was a very nice upgrade. Nice start to life again with Hertz. PHX had no Q50's available so they offered me the X5 with no upgrade fee.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 6:27 pm

I picked up at PHX last week. Had quite a few Mustang convertibles and lots of boring sedans in the PC section. I would have taken one of the Mustangs, but I needed a roomy car for four. Ended up with a brand new Toyota Avalon with just 300 miles on it. Very nice!
Old Feb 20, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt
PHX 2/15. PC level.

Not sure if it was post open or what but there wasn’t a single car anywhere. About 5 PC customers waiting before me. As cars were cleaned they were brought up.

unfortunately I was in line for a Jeep Wrangler with over 50,000 miles. Since I was already running late for a meeting due to the wait, I just grabbed it and drive off. Not an ideal vehicle to say the least.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:24 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived this past Saturday (2/19) around 0930. PC had two full rows and half of another full of cars, mostly small/midsize SUV (many with Florida plates). The cars of note included a Mustang GT convertible, a Mustang GT coupe, a pair of Dodge Charger R/T (both with about 25K miles), and a pair of BMW 230i convertibles. At the far end of one row I spotted an I 2022 Genesis G70 2.0T with AZ plates, 5,000 miles on the odometer and working Sirius/XM. Fun car to drive, but pretty lousy gas mileage, a tiny trunk, and very little room for adults in the rear seats.
Auto Enthusiast, jizen and Ordpc like this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Arrived this past Saturday (2/19) around 0930. PC had two full rows and half of another full of cars, mostly small/midsize SUV (many with Florida plates). The cars of note included a Mustang GT convertible, a Mustang GT coupe, a pair of Dodge Charger R/T (both with about 25K miles), and a pair of BMW 230i convertibles. At the far end of one row I spotted an I 2022 Genesis G70 2.0T with AZ plates, 5,000 miles on the odometer and working Sirius/XM. Fun car to drive, but pretty lousy gas mileage, a tiny trunk, and very little room for adults in the rear seats.
Sounds like you would have been better off in the 230i.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt
Rented on 2/15, a couple days after the Phoenix Open. Not a single care available in PC, Gold, etc. About 6 people waiting ahead of me in PC aisle. Got whatever car rolled up next. Unfortunately for me that was a Jeep Wrangler with about 50,000 miles on it. I didn't have a lot of driving to do so I took it and left. Not an ideal experience to say the least.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 10:00 pm

Nice options

Rent 3/11 at early morning at PC, there were
1 bmw 3 series
1 bmw 4 series
1(maybe) bmw 2 series
1 Land rover (no idea what model that was)
1 lexus rx f type
1 (maybe) Toyota avalon (I guess?)

couple infinity from smaller to large suv
multiple genesis g70
multiple dodge

and so much more that I cannot remember as there were quite full.

Very pleasant case I believe, nice experience
Ordpc and missingcolours like this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
I have uploaded a quick tour of the Hertz isles at PHX from a recent visit here:

grissol, oftech and Ordpc like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.