Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
If you book the cheapest option that isn't an Economy (A) or Compact (B), you can pick any car in 5* or the rest of the lot *except* for the PC area. If, and this is a big "if," there is a 300s in the 5* section then you can take it.
Ok, I just saw the popup message. Intermediate or above.
So what kind of selection are 5* getting at SFO? Corolla's?

For my dates, Group C is actually same price as Group B. And GroupC/B is cheaper than Group A.
Group F is only ~$2 more/day.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:30 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by JordanWalker
So what kind of selection are 5* getting at SFO? Corolla's?
I would expect to see a variety of midsize and fullsize cars and maybe a small SUV or two.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:23 pm

I noticed that whenever FTers report their data point of what inventory is available, they also note their time of day. Any trend what time of day usually have a better selection?

I haven't finalize my flight plans yet, but I might be potentially arriving at a ~8am flight, where my travel companions won't arrive until ~4pm. So if I really want, I can keep waiting until I see something that interest me. hopefully I won't be spending 6 hrs in the parking lot
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I would expect to see a variety of midsize and fullsize cars and maybe a small SUV or two.
Out of the usual inventory at SFO (available to a 5*), which model would you say have the most trunk space?
If lucky, it would most likely be whatever small SUV available. But in terms of the full size cars, which one would be able to fit a few large luggage?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 12, 2018 at 7:39 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:00 pm

Was there this morning about 11:00 am. Lots of Chrysler 300S (more than 10), some are AWD. A few Challenger and Camaro. 1 Jeep Wrangler. Others are Altimas and Camrys etc. Pick up a 300S AWD with 2.5K miles. BTW, one 911 and one GTR in the Prestige Collection.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Uirseita
Was there this morning about 11:00 am. Lots of Chrysler 300S (more than 10), some are AWD. A few Challenger and Camaro. 1 Jeep Wrangler. Others are Altimas and Camrys etc. Pick up a 300S AWD with 2.5K miles. BTW, one 911 and one GTR in the Prestige Collection.
I assume this was PC ?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by JordanWalker
I assume this was PC ?
Yes, it’s in the PC lots.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AC E35k
Originally Posted by TinaNYNY
Not me, booked the same and got a very base jaguar XE and a refund of $50 after many phone calls...
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Not sure what this post means. You booked the same as what?
I assume this is in reference to my post about group K (Volvo S90)?

Arrived this morning and was assigned a beat up Jag XF with 28k miles... asked at counter to be reassigned and was offered in no particular order: Jeep Wrangler, Chrysler 300, Dodge Challenger, Camaro convertible. Not sure how any of those were remotely similar to what I booked.

Ended up in a base Q50 3.0t with 10k mi. Wouldn't give me the Q60 without trying to upcharge me, despite the rate being identical at time of booking between groups K and E. Not pleased.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by yamanote8
I assume this is in reference to my post about group K (Volvo S90)?

Arrived this morning and was assigned a beat up Jag XF with 28k miles... asked at counter to be reassigned and was offered in no particular order: Jeep Wrangler, Chrysler 300, Dodge Challenger, Camaro convertible. Not sure how any of those were remotely similar to what I booked.

Ended up in a base Q50 3.0t with 10k mi. Wouldn't give me the Q60 without trying to upcharge me, despite the rate being identical at time of booking between groups K and E. Not pleased.
Oh, it was about group K? You didn't reply to that post, so it wasn't clear what you were referring to.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:06 pm

Return the car at about 8:00 pm today. Walk to PC lots and they have 6 Q50 and 1 Q60, all are 3.0T. Also some 300S and 2 Wrangler.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:25 am

What's the charge for additional driver?

If anyone pass by SFO the next few days/week, pls let me know what you see at the 5* section, thanks
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by CrossTravel
Hi guys,

I'm going to rent beginning of June at SFO. I'm Hertz PC and I have a reservation up for ICAR. This means, that I can directly go to the PC parking spot right?
Also, any tips or tricks on how to quickly spot a nice catch? As there are speed limits on US interstates or highways, I'm not looking for the fastest car but a nice Convertible or something would definitely be cool to spend some nice days and rides at the West coast
To follow up on this.

Landed at SFO on a Friday evening and I was lucky. Found a brand new Ford Mustang Convertible with 6mi on it. Space was enough and enjoyed every single mile in it. Returned it with 1300mi on the clock.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 10:18 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Picked up an Infiniti Q50 with just under 1,500 miles this morning. There were 4 other Q50s with varying miles, a Jag XF, Camaro convertible and some other stuff that wasn’t interesting.

EDIT: this was PC aisle

Last edited by United747; Jun 25, 2018 at 7:19 am
Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AC E35k
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Oh, it was about group K? You didn't reply to that post, so it wasn't clear what you were referring to.
I assumed my post was what TinaNYNY was trying to respond to. I did quote properly.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:00 am

What to expect for group D "Standard" size? It's cheaper than C.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:31 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Was at PC Monday afternoon. Many 300s. 4 Jaguars, an Infiniti 4 door sedan, an Infiniti two door coupe, two Subarus, Maxima, Charger, Avalon, Mustang.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.