Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:16 pm

This weekend was a gold mine at SFO.

SFO on 7/1

They were short cars everywhere but the Presidents Circle section which had several Infiniti coupes, a Jaguar, a Cadillac, and a Corvette with 300 miles on it. Picked the Corvette, had a blast. Long lines for people not in Pres Circle selection.

Returned on 7/4 and noticed a Mercedes convertible, several Infinitis, and another Jaguar.

Both times, the paid upgrade section was pretty slim, with a 4 door Infiniti on 7/4.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 6, 2017 at 8:20 pm Reason: this post has more value in the SFO thread
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
This weekend was a gold mine at SFO.

SFO on 7/1

They were short cars everywhere but the Presidents Circle section which had several Infiniti coupes, a Jaguar, a Cadillac, and a Corvette with 300 miles on it. Picked the Corvette, had a blast. Long lines for people not in Pres Circle selection.

Returned on 7/4 and noticed a Mercedes convertible, several Infinitis, and another Jaguar.

Both times, the paid upgrade section was pretty slim, with a 4 door Infiniti on 7/4.
I also had a similar experience on 6/30.

Picked up a Corvette Stingray for the weekend for 2K points + $22! Best value ever!
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:06 pm

Picked up Saturday night 7/15. PC wasn't as well stocked as before but seemed like a slow night since no one except me was walking around the PC area. 5 chevy camaros, 3 chrysler 300s, 2 toyota avalons, 1 nissan maxima S, 1 cadillac CTS, a few toyota camry SEs, a few ford fusion SEs hybrids, 1 hyundai sonata SE hybrid, and 1 nissan maxima SL that I took. Also checked out 5 star for fun and it was just a sea of pick your color sonatas, camrys, fusions, and optimas.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Anyone picked up on a Sunday since UC came in or recently? Trying to pick up something decent for a week -- cadillac and maxima don't seem that great... F rate is $320/wk and an A3 is about $200 more so trying to decide if it's worth the risk
Old Aug 4, 2017, 4:20 pm

Sorry picked up again on a Saturday night last week. Better choices this time: Volvo V60, Volvo S80, 2x MB CLA, SLC300, Infiniti Q50, Infiniti Q60, Chrysler 300s, Toyota Avalon, a few Camaros and a Mercedes GLC300 4matic which I took.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Landed at SFO today around 6 pm. Went to President's Circle to peruse the cars. It's a pretty large section, so we were wandering around when a Hertz employee pulled in and parked a Jaguar XF, freshly washed, with 7058 miles on the odometer. I asked if I could take that car, and he said sure. So we got in and drove to the exit. It's a really fine car, and I'll have it for 15 days. Hit the jackpot!

Bruce
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Landed at SFO today around 6 pm. Went to President's Circle to peruse the cars. It's a pretty large section, so we were wandering around when a Hertz employee pulled in and parked a Jaguar XF, freshly washed, with 7058 miles on the odometer. I asked if I could take that car, and he said sure. So we got in and drove to the exit. It's a really fine car, and I'll have it for 15 days. Hit the jackpot!

Bruce
I wonder if you got the car I returned an hour or so earlier. Beautiful car to drive but I could never get the measure of parking it -something I normally find easy. And, for its size, the accommodation and boot size is poor.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Slim pickings at SFO last night around 8pm.

1 single Infiniti Q50 with a reasonable size windscreen chip.
1 Chrysler 300

And that's it for special vehicles! A number of Ford Fusions (might have been the E6 Hybrids but I didn't check), and otherwise just the usual full-sizes mainly Hyuandai/Toyota/Nissan/Kia.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Had a two-week rental from August 6 onward. Variety of PC choices including Camaro SS, Cadillacs (CTS, XTS). My name wasn't on the board (reserved a regular C or F), so I went inside, and the desk agent offered a low-mileage Infiniti Q70 that was parked in the premium upgrades area, but without the upgrade fee.

I took it and was impressed -- drove great on the freeway in sport mode, good park assist, very roomy. I was driving many people around for the 2 weeks, so it turned out to be a great car for ~$30/day.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:45 pm

Sun morning Aug 19 - a couple of Cadillacs, one Infiniti sedan with a driver inside. Upgrade section had nothing at all.

Walking back from the upgrade section a Q60 had pulled in and grabbed that.

Returning Mon afternoon took a peek - nothing in the upgrade section aside from a Porsche 911 which seemed like a mistake. And slim pickings in the Pres Circle section. Didn't see anything special.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Sat evening around 11.
PC has an pick your color Camero - some convertibles, pick your 300C - some with forward facing camera, an Avalon, Caddy XTS, Fusions, Sonatas, Prius.

All the fun stuff was pulled off. Q60 was in upgrade area.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Morning of 9/10

PC area
Pick your 300C/S
A few brand new Kias including optima and sportage
XE
XF which I was originally going to take but found bubble on a tire so they pulled it
2 maxima SL
2 Armada 1 in SV trim and 1 in SL trim
1 Q50 2.0T
1 XT5
1 Discovery Sport which I took

5 star was fully stocked with pick your color fullsize sedans and a few fully loaded midsize cars
2 x Altima SL
3 x Sentra SL
1 x Mazda 3 touring
Tons of brand new Kia midsize cars

Gold was pick your midsize or fullsize with a lone RAV 4 and rogue parked there.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, United Premier, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Global Entry
Afternoon of 9/10

PC area
Pick your 300C/S
A few brand new Kias including optima and sportage
2 XE Jaguar ( I took one Good car)
2 maxima SL
2 Armada 1 in SV trim and 1 in SL trim
2 Q50 2.0T
1 XT5
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: Sixt DIA, Hertz PC, Europcar Elite VIP
do you remember the trim of the xt5 ?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Have two weekends in a row at SFO. Will report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.