Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
HA's official web page on the lie flats

24 aircraft converted: N360HA, N361HA, N370HA, N373HA, N374HA, N375HA, N378HA, N379HA, N380HA, N381HA, N382HA, N383HA, N384HA, N385HA, N386HA, N388HA, N389HA, N390HA, N391HA, N392HA, N393HA, N395HA, N396HA, N399HA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by AnthonyGT
Are you saying that all but one of these planes have now had the new Extra Comfort seating installed? Not sure I'm reading all of this correctly.....
azj was not definite on the number remaining, but evidently most of the A330s have already had their interior work done. Planes are leaving Seattle as flight 9992 and returning to Seattle about 4 days later as flight 9991. When this stops happening we may assume the interior refurbishing project has been completed.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Hokulea
azj was not definite on the number remaining, but evidently most of the A330s have already had their interior work done. Planes are leaving Seattle as flight 9992 and returning to Seattle about 4 days later as flight 9991. When this stops happening we may assume the interior refurbishing project has been completed.
I'm on the JFK-HNL route this Saturday in the section that was slated to have the Extra Comfort Seats added. Just hoping my flights have them.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:37 pm
azj

Originally Posted by AnthonyGT
I'm on the JFK-HNL route this Saturday in the section that was slated to have the Extra Comfort Seats added. Just hoping my flights have them.
I'd say the chances are very high that you will be on a plane with the seating that will become "extra comfort."
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:45 pm
azj

Exactly. When a/c 395 was delivered late last year it was delivered in the new cabin concept, along with 396, 399 and 370. The rest all had to be modified and it sounds like the folks in PAE are doing 12. I believe Delta may have done one of them during a maintenance check in MSP earlier this year.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
By the end of June, all of the A330's will have the extra legroom installed. In July, those seats are for sale as Preferred Seats (Rows 11-14, and 33-34), and starting August 1, they are for sale as Extra Comfort.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by azj
Exactly. When a/c 395 was delivered late last year it was delivered in the new cabin concept, along with 396, 399 and 370. The rest all had to be modified and it sounds like the folks in PAE are doing 12. I believe Delta may have done one of them during a maintenance check in MSP earlier this year.
I did a quick check of FlightAware and of the 13 retrofit candidates, 11 have already visited Snohomish County, including 392, which has been there since Sunday. The other 2 planes, 382 and 383, visited MSP in the Spring and do not show a trip to Everett on the FlightAware site. 382 BTW evidently spent a few days in Seattle after returning from MSP. And, there is a report from a passenger who rode 382 that it has the new interior configuration. So, that leaves 383, which left LA today as flight 1 and as of this moment is scheduled to leave Honolulu this afternoon as flight 22 to Seattle. So, if 392 is on schedule to be released by this evening, then this would put 383 in position to go to Everett as the final retrofitted A330. If 392 is not ready, then HAL would probably return 383 back to HNL or OGG and then back to Seattle next day.

Bottom line, there is no way Saturday's flight 51 from New York will have a 330 with the old interior configuration.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:07 pm
azj

I did a quick check of FlightAware and of the 13 retrofit candidates, 11 have already visited Snohomish County, including 392, which has been there since Sunday. The other 2 planes, 382 and 383, visited MSP in the Spring and do not show a trip to Everett on the FlightAware site. 382 BTW evidently spent a few days in Seattle after returning from MSP. And, there is a report from a passenger who rode 382 that it has the new interior configuration. So, that leaves 383, which left LA today as flight 1 and as of this moment is scheduled to leave Honolulu this afternoon as flight 22 to Seattle. So, if 392 is on schedule to be released by this evening, then this would put 383 in position to go to Everett as the final retrofitted A330. If 392 is not ready, then HAL would probably return 383 back to HNL or OGG and then back to Seattle next day.

Bottom line, there is no way Saturday's flight 51 from New York will have a 330 with the old interior configuration.
Good sleuthing! This all jives with my info, including 383 going to PAE tonight.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:05 pm

Electrical power outlets on Extra Comfort

Per the HAL website:

*Electrical power outlets are being installed in phases and by rows and may not be available on all Extra Comfort seats by August.

Any news on progress of this installation? Where is this being done?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:18 pm
azj

Per the HAL website:

*Electrical power outlets are being installed in phases and by rows and may not be available on all Extra Comfort seats by August.

Any news on progress of this installation? Where is this being done?
Not sure, sorry.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by azj
Not sure, sorry.
No problem. Thanks for all the other good information!
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:04 pm

Thank Goodness for Extra Comfort

My wife and I have planned a trip LA-OGG later this year to celebrate a very special occasion. My wife was ecstatic to find out about the new Extra Comfort seats, and we immediately booked the trip - many months in advance in order to get the seats we wanted - 12A&B both directions.

My wife has health problems and sometimes, depending upon her condition, needs to travel with a portable oxygen concentrator, the larger model that may operate on battery on the plane but with AC power in the hotel. Although important for her health, this item is a major pain in the butt to carry in transit. Besides the bulky concentrator, including a wheeled stand which needs to be detached and stored on board, we are required to carry a very heavy box of batteries. Both the concentrator and battery box are required to be stored under the seat(s) in front of us. This eliminates the option for bulkhead seating, such as rows 11, 14, etc. Also, FAA rules require that the concentrator not block any other passenger's ability to exit, so my wife needs a window seat. Her health condition eliminates the possibility of an exit aisle.

The last time we flew on a HAL 330 in coach the concentrator would not fit nor operate properly under the seat in front of my wife. I had to wedge the contraption between my knees and against the seat in front of me the whole trip. Not very comfortable!

The extra 5 inches of leg room in Extra Comfort will be a blessing for us in case we have to bring a concentrator again. We are retired and really don't have the budget to fly first class, but we gladly will pay for the Extra Comfort upgrade.

The thing to keep in mind is that the Extra Comfort section not only serves people who desire extra comfort, but also people with special needs where a standard coach seat is especially problematic.

For those in first class concerned about the loss of ambience - we promise not to use your rest rooms or even stare at the backs of your heads! Hopefully some kind of screen or divider will make everyone happy.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:02 pm

Check for upgraded A330

Flying on HA 12 and HA 17 in the next week or so, safe to assume that we will get on upgraded A330's?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by taseas
Flying on HA 12 and HA 17 in the next week or so, safe to assume that we will get on upgraded A330's?
They've all been upgraded.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
They've all been upgraded.
Thank you.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:00 pm

Any word yet on the power outlet installations?! We're flying in the new "extra comfort" section on Aug 8th LAX - HNL and that was one reason why we booked those seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.