Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

go! to Cease Service April 1, 2014 in Hawaii

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

go! to Cease Service April 1, 2014 in Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 7:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I'd follow up with AirFastTickets again but sounds like you may need to purchase a HA ticket to ensure you make it. What is the price difference in flights?
Old May 7, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold

I've moved it to the Hawaii-Based Airlines forum where it will hopefully receive attention from FlyerTalkers knowledgable of the subject.

Note to readers: This thread originated at the flame-free Information Deskplease reply accordingly.

Thanks to all who offer assistance, and good luck to the OP!

~Moderator, Information Desk

Old May 7, 2014, 8:57 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I have a ticket booked through AirFastTickets on HNLKOA on Mesa Air ...
Originally Posted by aBroadAbroad
I've moved it to the Hawaii-Based Airlines forum where it will hopefully receive attention from FlyerTalkers knowledgable of the subject.
And in turn, I've merged this into the extant thread about Mesa's/go!'s departure from inter-island service so that the OP can see previous discussion.

However, I echo the advice that the op will probably simply need to go ahead and purchase an HA ticket.

It's possible that this venue might be able to provide some assistance: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...ervations.html

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Hawaii-based Airlines forum
Old May 7, 2014, 10:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Whoa, my thread made a whole trip this way and that. Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll keep digging. I will also reach out to the individual referenced in the thread. Thanks!
Old May 9, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA, HA, DL
Seven weeks since I requested my refund and nothing so far.

Anyone here received a refund yet?
Old May 10, 2014, 10:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Update to my plight: after speaking to a very helpful person, and to Go!, and to AFT, I was able to successfully rebook on HA with no penalty. Unfortunately, the number of available flights is somewhat limited, and the new flight is not 100% ideal, but all is well and everyone is happy!
Old May 11, 2014, 12:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Update to my plight: after speaking to a very helpful person, and to Go!, and to AFT, I was able to successfully rebook on HA with no penalty. Unfortunately, the number of available flights is somewhat limited, and the new flight is not 100% ideal, but all is well and everyone is happy!
^ Glad it was resolved.
Old May 13, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA, HA, DL
Originally Posted by tod701
Seven weeks since I requested my refund and nothing so far.

Anyone here received a refund yet?
UPDATE: Refund finally credited to credit card account
Old May 13, 2014, 5:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP/DL-Diamond/UA-100K/Hyatt-Globalist/Hilton-Diamond/Marriott-Titanium - Many more....
Originally Posted by slippahs
WP was not operating today too?
I have been very happy with Island Air lately. They really seemed to have improved dramatically. Almost like the good ole days long past.. They have been on time on every flight I was on or family booked to/from LIH and even when I am on HA they have been on time.

Just my $.02

I have a ticket booked through AirFastTickets on HNLKOA on Mesa Air which recently went bankrupt. Because it's ticketed on a consolidator's stock (Hahn Air), Mesa won't rebook onto HA, despite the fact that Mesa has made agreements with HA to accommodate. AFT is only giving me a refund option, but because I used a coupon, I wouldn't get enough money to pay for a new ticket. Hahn Air told me to go away.

Do I have a DOT case here or am I completely out of luck? I just need to fly on the date and time booked, don't care on whom (though HA is the only option).
Sadly Mesa is NOT bankrupt. Considering how they routinely screw over passengers they should be. Maybe a customer service or corporate phone number might yield some results?

Last edited by cblaisd; May 13, 2014 at 9:48 pm Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.