Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

go! to Cease Service April 1, 2014 in Hawaii

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

go! to Cease Service April 1, 2014 in Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by aww3583
Thanks for the replies everyone.

A very helpful member on the Delta Skymiles forum recommended looking at ITO.

We're flying HNL-ITO on HA and it will put us at Waikoloa Village just a couple of hour later than our previous itinerary.

We were not looking forward to the two flights on the 9-seater on Mokulele, so we're riding in style in the exit row of an HA 717.
Glad to hear you found that solution! Especially with the improvements to Saddle Road over the last few years, it's easy to get from Hilo to Waikoloa in about an hour and a half.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: Recovering Delta SkyMiles Addict--Now Gold with AAdvantage
Originally Posted by DanTravels
it's easy to get from Hilo to Waikoloa in about an hour and a half.
As a Big Island resident who frequents Saddle Road, I should warn travelers that the Hawaii County Police have been operating speed traps on the newly completed portion of the road. Lots of people getting $150-$200 tickets west of the Pohakuloa Training Area (army base.)
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Have fares at HA gone up?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KeaauFlyer
Especially with the improvements to Saddle Road over the last few years, it's easy to get from Hilo to Waikoloa in about an hour and a half.
As a Big Island resident who frequents Saddle Road, I should warn travelers that the Hawaii County Police have been operating speed traps on the newly completed portion of the road. Lots of people getting $150-$200 tickets west of the Pohakuloa Training Area (army base.)
Yes - there's a looong downhill, and if I recall, the first ticket (for seventy-something in a 55) was given out about 5 minutes after the road opened. To clarify, it's easy to get from Hilo to Waikoloa in about an hour and a half without going massively over the speed limit. Google Maps says ITO to Hilton Waikoloa Village should take about 1 hour 33 minutes. If you're doing it in an hour or less, though, Hawaii County's finest will be most interested in getting to know you!
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA, HA, DL
Even though I canceled this itinerary 20-March and received an email cancelation confirmation, Go! sent a confirmation today that starts out like this:

Mahalo for choosing go!

This email confirms receipt of your reservation made on www.iflygo.com .

You may print out the itinerary and bring it to the airport as a receipt, as all transactions are ticketless.

Go! figure
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tod701
Go! sent a confirmation today that starts out like this:
This email confirms receipt of your reservation made on www.iflygo.com. You may print out the itinerary and bring it to the airport as a receipt, as all transactions are ticketless.
So... did you print it out and bring it to the airport? I'm guessing there's nobody at the go! counters any more, but I'm sure everyone else would get a chuckle out of it.

(I suspect local media would also have a field day with it.)
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Have fares at HA gone up?
I booked a HNL-OGG fare the other day for $130 RT and all in. So ok fares are still out there.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 4:24 pm
azj

Apparently the rebooking process for Go! passengers onto Hawaiian flights went rather smoothly. HAL mobilized extra agents and volunteers to assist in the lobby for the first few days of the shutdown and the predicted chaos was not to be found.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 7:56 am

Yesterday I received two voice mails concerning my flights booked for 27-April notifying me of Go! shutting down operations directing me to the website even though I went to the website and cancelled over two weeks ago.

Then later yesterday I received my second email confirming that exact itinerary.

Not exactly Go!-ing smoothly, but merely as expected and not a surprise.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Was odd when I landed in HNL today to not see "Delayed" all over the flight departure TV monitors.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Was odd when I landed in HNL today to not see "Delayed" all over the flight departure TV monitors.
WP was not operating today too?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 7:56 am

Anyone receive a refund yet from Go! ?

I requested mine via their website 22 days ago and nothing so far.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:45 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Oddly enough, though, I'll bet they were able to charge your credit card instantly when you made your ticket purchase.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
So... did you print it out and bring it to the airport? I'm guessing there's nobody at the go! counters any more, but I'm sure everyone else would get a chuckle out of it.

(I suspect local media would also have a field day with it.)
I can just see Joe Moore rolling his eyes.
Old May 7, 2014, 12:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Mesa Air gone bankrupt ... and OTA doesn't care

I have a ticket booked through AirFastTickets on HNLKOA on Mesa Air which recently went bankrupt. Because it's ticketed on a consolidator's stock (Hahn Air), Mesa won't rebook onto HA, despite the fact that Mesa has made agreements with HA to accommodate. AFT is only giving me a refund option, but because I used a coupon, I wouldn't get enough money to pay for a new ticket. Hahn Air told me to go away.

Do I have a DOT case here or am I completely out of luck? I just need to fly on the date and time booked, don't care on whom (though HA is the only option).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.