Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Using Hawaiian Miles for Partner Awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Hawaiian Miles for Partner Awards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Delta Points
BTW found out that N space must exist for coach and O for biz on HA miles.
Those are the same inventory buckets for Low band award space secured with Delta miles.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Just out of curiousity, has anyone here ever actually booked ANY partner (Delta, Virgin, etc.) award using HA miles? Ever heard of someone doing it?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:32 pm

Here's a recent example:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20192962-post22.html
Old Feb 16, 2013, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Wow, that's an incredible story. Its amazing how poorly run HA Miles call center is.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 4:27 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Just received this from hawaiian.. you can now redeem your miles on American. This may be a good use for HA miles.

Last edited by mintcilantro; Jun 26, 2013 at 4:28 pm Reason: image
Old Jun 26, 2013, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
Just received this from hawaiian.. you can now redeem your miles on American. This may be a good use for HA miles.
I received the same email BUT it's actually 80K miles to Asia.

Remember AMEX now have a 20% transfer bonus!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 19, 2013 at 8:07 am Reason: image removal
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I received this as well. I am currently holding 5 award tickets leaving JFK in December. Since I am in the DC area I jumped on the phone to see if I can get a flight out of IAD, DCA, or BWI on AA. The agent was able to find me a rt out of IAD, gave me a reservation number and told me I would receive confirmation in 24-48 hours.

Last night I called HA to get my confirmation and they said it still hasn't gone through and they suggested I try new dates. I said at will only add another 24-48 hours for confirmation. After going back and forth on this, I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told the are all busy. I left my phone number to get a call back. Still haven't received a call.

The agent said since the AA partnership is new they are having trouble getting confirmations. Wouldn't you make sure this works before making a big splash of this. Sounds like an United Airlines operation.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 19, 2013 at 8:07 am
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:03 pm

Ahhhh, as I feared, the AA partnership, so new and yet so already screwed up.

I'm going to stand on my earlier feeling based on personal experience. Using HA miles for HA travel has been a piece of cake for me. My two lengthy but feeble attempts at partner rewards has been a total waste of time and a lesson in futility.

For the life of me, I will never understand how the corporate 'suits' (or in the case of Hawaiian-Aloha Shirts) can initiate this kind of so called benefit, roll it out to presumably their best customers and have it so dysfunctional from the get go. Is the redemption population so limited in the HA program that they know that very few will notice and it will still be perceived as a background perk that no one uses?
Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Popoki
Ahhhh, as I feared, the AA partnership, so new and yet so already screwed up.

I'm going to stand on my earlier feeling based on personal experience. Using HA miles for HA travel has been a piece of cake for me. My two lengthy but feeble attempts at partner rewards has been a total waste of time and a lesson in futility.

For the life of me, I will never understand how the corporate 'suits' (or in the case of Hawaiian-Aloha Shirts) can initiate this kind of so called benefit, roll it out to presumably their best customers and have it so dysfunctional from the get go. Is the redemption population so limited in the HA program that they know that very few will notice and it will still be perceived as a background perk that no one uses?
I was on the phone with an agent for 40 minutes just to get a flight put on hold. So so so incompetent.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I just can't stand award booking hassles. In a day and age when U.S. airlines are allowing partners to be booked online, having so much difficulty over the phone is unacceptable. HA and DL come to mind. It almost makes me not want to invest.

I am considering getting a HA card for one RT on AA, how are the experiences with AA awards? Also noticed it is 30K RT and no one-ways.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Any idea if one can mix HA and non-HA metal on one award? This program seems to be similar to AS.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:47 am

Anyone know if I can book a one-way Delta award using my HA miles?

I've got about 70k that I'd like to burn...
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by sajidg
Anyone know if I can book a one-way Delta award using my HA miles?

I've got about 70k that I'd like to burn...
Unfortunately HA miles can only book RT awards for most of their partners and they will no longer be available to book DL awards after the end of this month. That said, it was almost a useless partnership to begin with between DL's complete lack of low level award space and HA's awful CS staff.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by saacman5033
Unfortunately HA miles can only book RT awards for most of their partners and they will no longer be available to book DL awards after the end of this month. That said, it was almost a useless partnership to begin with between DL's complete lack of low level award space and HA's awful CS staff.
And DL.com's inability to find DL-numbered codeshare flights on Hawaiian between HNL and ITO - even after UA launched direct service from ITO to the mainland. Way to hand a market to the competition, guys.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by saacman5033
That said, it was almost a useless partnership to begin with between DL's complete lack of low level award space and HA's awful CS staff.
+1. indeed. I submitted a complaint to BBB regarding this and haven't heard of a word from HA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.