Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Using Hawaiian Miles for Partner Awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by Duffman
Hello - is scoring a Virgin Atlantic redemption using HA miles even possible? I see VS releasing space for my intended flights and the also see these flights available for award booking on Delta.

I know HA agents aren't the best trained CSRs out there. Any tips/methods to be able to guide them to book VS flights? I've spoken to 6-7 agents and have gotten everything from VS is not bookable at all to the agents trying and finding 0 seats for a two month stretch.

Thank you
Unfortunately I think you've answered your own question. You've done the sensible things and gotten nowhere, which seems to be the experience of most people who try to book partner awards with HA.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA, HA
thus I only use HA points for interisland redemptions. Poor value (at best) and impossible partner redemption (at worst).
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:35 pm

The HA website shows ANA as a partner airline (on which HA miles can be redeemed), but the mileage chart shows only "domestic Japan flights" and "roundtrip between Hawaii and Haneda, Tokyo" (not "roundtrip between U.S. and Japan").

Can HA miles not be redeemed on ANA for U.S. mainland-Japan flights?

Reanalyzed the HA charts - and discovered that only "select flights" (between US and Japan) are allowed...and also discovered that AA is no longer a partner for HA miles redemptions.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 9, 2016 at 4:26 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond

Feel pretty heroic. Just booked VS Upper Class using my HA miles . Total 125K HA + $293. Have patience and you'll likely need to call a few times.

The frontline reps will try to book but they won't see any availability. Try to get someone in the Hawaiian Mileage service center and be prepared for a 30-min call. Good luck!

Last edited by Duffman; Jan 22, 2016 at 11:38 pm
Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Feel pretty heroic. Just booked VS Upper Class using my HA miles . Total 125K HA + $293. Have patience and you'll likely need to call a few times.

The frontline reps will try to book but they won't see any availability. Try to get someone in the Hawaiian Mileage service center and be prepared for a 30-min call. Good luck!
Congrats! Enjoy! Were the taxes inclusive of fuel surcharges?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by slippahs
Congrats! Enjoy! Were the taxes inclusive of fuel surcharges?
Yep, inclusive of all taxes and fuel surcharges, round-trip. I haven't seen the breakdown, but I'd imagine most of it is APD for the LON-NYC flight.

Also if anyone's interested, we will be traveling with a 1yr old. HA refused to issue ticket for the infant stating they don't have the ability to do it. I called VS and after consulting their supervisors, they issued a lap-child ticket for my son for $125 rt.

I didn't think VS would even be able to issue these tickets since the adult tickets were issued by HA. Somehow they managed to do it and for $125, I got it ticketed at the earliest!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

The site redesign has been pretty disorganized in my opinion. Does anyone know if you are able to still book AA awards with HA miles? The website is pretty misleading.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA, HA

Dude, you made my week! :-:
Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:59 pm

Anyone had experience with using HA miles for jetblue flights within U.S? Is the process easy or troublesome?
Old Mar 16, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by hellopanda520
Anyone had experience with using HA miles for jetblue flights within U.S? Is the process easy or troublesome?
with hawaiian nothing is easy. Their agents are quite incompetent. you can call them and they will flatly say they don't know how to do this.

they will make big announcements about partner redemptions and then it will be months before they have it available.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 12:12 pm

Thank you for the heads up.

In addition to the above question, for partner redemption from HA miles to JetBlue, is the redemption rate shown on the Hawaiian website accurate?
Old May 3, 2016, 10:45 pm

Just booked VS Upper Class using my HA miles ...Have patience and you'll likely need to call a few times.

The frontline reps will try to book but they won't see any availability. Try to get someone in the Hawaiian Mileage service center
Congratulations ! I have never heard of anyone having success with booking partner awards on HA.

You wrote: "The frontline reps will try to book but they won't see any availability."
Each time I have called I have been told that nothing - on any date, any route, any partner airline - is available.

Could you explain more exactly how you were able to accomplish a booking? How were you able to get them to see availability?
Old May 11, 2016, 3:17 pm

Try to get someone in the Hawaiian Mileage service center, not in the reservations department. If there is availability on Delta but the HA agent can't see it, you are most likely not talking to the right department.
Old May 17, 2016, 8:06 pm

"within Asia" on HA partner flight

I am thinking of using Hawaiian Airlines miles for a Korean Air flight.
The HA website says a flight on Korean Air, would be 30,000 miles in economy "within Asia".

Does anyone know how HA defines "within Asia" - is it actually all of Asia?
And with a partner booking on HA miles would it perhaps actually be the partner that would define the term "within Asia"?
Old May 31, 2016, 7:22 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Are all HA partner awards booked on the phone? Nothing can be done online?

Also can anyone comment partner awards' availability or the lack thereof? I am mainly interested in vs, va, and ke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.