Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Using Hawaiian Miles for Partner Awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Hawaiian Miles for Partner Awards

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Are all HA partner awards booked on the phone? Nothing can be done online?

Also can anyone comment partner awards' availability or the lack thereof? I am mainly interested in vs, va, and ke.
Yes, you need to phone in. Don't hold your breath re availability.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by 747FC
Yes, you need to phone in. Don't hold your breath re availability.
Not even if I book 11 months out? I don't mind planning in advance, I just hope the award system is not like Lufthansa where seats are only released 2 weeks before.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Not even if I book 11 months out? I don't mind planning in advance, I just hope the award system is not like Lufthansa where seats are only released 2 weeks before.
Please share your experience trying to book.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Also can anyone comment partner awards' availability or the lack thereof? I am mainly interested in vs, va, and ke.
One easy stop for all three of these would be to search for award tix on www.delta.com, and if it is available there, pretty much almost surely should be available for booking via HA (by calling in).
Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:20 am

I have KE First on hold at KE for 95K miles.
HA lists roundtrip on KE for 200K.
With the 25% bonus, I'd be saving 15K per ticket.

Does KE release F to HA?
Is it possible to book o/w with HA?

Thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:57 pm

Is there any way to search for Virgin America (VX) availability to partners besides calling in?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Sounds like trying to book an award tkt using HA miles on a partner airlines is an exercise in futility.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Big score! I just booked a RT ticket on Virgin America using 90,000 HA miles. F class! SFO-BOS in April. This is tied for the longest flight in the lower 48. VX is currently selling this itinerary for $2,996.

Virgin America will eventually disappear into Alaska. But at least for now, there is some hope of using HA miles for VX awards. I wish you the best of luck if you give it a shot.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:58 am
Original Poster

How about using HA Miles for JetBlue flights? I'd imagine availability is a different discussion due to JetBlue being revenue based award pricing. Anyone have any experience with this?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63
How about using HA Miles for JetBlue flights? I'd imagine availability is a different discussion due to JetBlue being revenue based award pricing. Anyone have any experience with this?
This is way easier to do. Availability is pretty much guaranteed. However, it's a poor use of miles; the redemption rates are ridiculous. I tried doing this once and they wanted 25,000 miles for JFK-BOS round trip. No thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kumulani
This is way easier to do. Availability is pretty much guaranteed. However, it's a poor use of miles; the redemption rates are ridiculous. I tried doing this once and they wanted 25,000 miles for JFK-BOS round trip. No thanks.
Wouldn't the redemption rates just be based on the price of the Jet Blue ticket? Maybe I am mistaken and you can correct me? AFAIK the value of the redemption would be based on what sort of value the ticket is. If the flight is priced low, a good deal, the redemption would reflect that. If the flight is priced high, a bad deal, the redemption would also reflect this. Is that how it works?
Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63
Wouldn't the redemption rates just be based on the price of the Jet Blue ticket? Maybe I am mistaken and you can correct me? AFAIK the value of the redemption would be based on what sort of value the ticket is. If the flight is priced low, a good deal, the redemption would reflect that. If the flight is priced high, a bad deal, the redemption would also reflect this. Is that how it works?
Yes, the redemption rates are connected directly to the ticket price. The problem is that the rates are so high that the redemptions are a bad deal no matter the price of the ticket. For example, 50K miles only gets you a ~$400 Jetblue ticket. You could get a much more valuable award with an equal or lesser amount of miles spent on HA flights.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by muji
I am thinking of using Hawaiian Airlines miles for a Korean Air flight.
The HA website says a flight on Korean Air, would be 30,000 miles in economy "within Asia".

Does anyone know how HA defines "within Asia" - is it actually all of Asia?
And with a partner booking on HA miles would it perhaps actually be the partner that would define the term "within Asia"?
Bumping this, anyone with a comment?
Old May 24, 2017, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by maverick17
Bumping this, anyone with a comment?
Partner awards with HA miles are very hard to come by. Since it's likely you won't be able to get this award at all, whether it's classed as "Asia" would be the last thing on my mind at this point.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
For Korean Air redemption using Haiwaiian miles, are all of DEL, TAS, DXB, TLV considered "Asia"? so an intra asia redemption of "TAS-ICN-TLV-ICN-TAS" would cost 30k in Y and 60k in J?

Also, do Haiwaiian Airlines allow stopover in ICN for a round trip redemption within Asia flying Korean Air?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.