Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Using Hawaiian Miles for Partner Awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Hawaiian Miles for Partner Awards

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:07 pm

Is it still as difficult/nearly impossible as it has been in the past to book a partner flight (e.g. on Korean Airlines) with Hawaiian miles? Or have things hopefully changed for the better?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:30 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by muji
Is it still as difficult/nearly impossible as it has been in the past to book a partner flight (e.g. on Korean Airlines) with Hawaiian miles? Or have things hopefully changed for the better?
I'm new trying to buy revenue tickets and redeem miles on them.Looks like the handwriting is on the wall
I tried booking First Class through Virgin Atlantic to OGG nothing for January/ February according to the rep
In her 5 years she stated she doesn't think she has ever been able to book one other than coach
I also read about folks booking the lie down flat seats in First and having their aircraft switched day of departure and Hawaiian did nothing to make it right
That was the final nail in the coffin.Im not buying any tickets from them at all going forward or redeeming miles
Right now you can fly from the West Coast for 143 dollars each way most airlines .For the 5 hours it makes great sense!
Save the miles for International long haul
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by rownada
For Korean Air redemption using Haiwaiian miles, are all of DEL, TAS, DXB, TLV considered "Asia"? so an intra asia redemption of "TAS-ICN-TLV-ICN-TAS" would cost 30k in Y and 60k in J?

Also, do Haiwaiian Airlines allow stopover in ICN for a round trip redemption within Asia flying Korean Air?

Hi - did you ever figure out the answer to either question? Thx.

P.S. Its still impossible to book VS J awards using HA. I asked an agent to search LON-JFK/BOS/CPT/JNB for multiple months and they found NOTHING despite VS showing many days with multiple G class seats.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by bennytma
Hi - did you ever figure out the answer to either question? Thx.

P.S. Its still impossible to book VS J awards using HA. I asked an agent to search LON-JFK/BOS/CPT/JNB for multiple months and they found NOTHING despite VS showing many days with multiple G class seats.
Same is true vice versa also. VS never sees any HA J awards, though it is available at the normal price, via AA, etc.

Seems that HA is not giving its J awards to VS, so VS is doing the same in return. Or vice versa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.