Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Overly personal talk from flight attendants

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overly personal talk from flight attendants

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2009, 4:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
I think I swore off dating flight attendants when I fell the second time for the same line

"I'll call you when I get back from (insert international destination here)." Of course, neither called back. I think this is included in training, right after jumping out on a slide.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by fly22much

i think you should share some details of the story on how you met both of these 2 FA's, and what is your current relationship w/them!
There is really no difference to meet guys on the planes than anywhere else like clubs, trains, buses, stores, on the streets, etc. If you are really gay, you know how to meet other guys.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I "generally" find the more attractive FAs (at least or AA) on International routes. Typically, the FAs are working less days and have more time to "look out after their appearance." Working 12-13 hour days on domestic routes will age anybody quickly.
I can hardly see anyone that fly international younger than 40s, although it is hard to argue some guys in their 40s are still attractive. These days all senior FA all go out to fly international, with the junior one or the senior one with kids flying domestic.

But as been mentioned in other posts, the legacy carriers have had very little new hires with most FAs now over 30 (and 30 is by no means old).
Don't forget there are many feeders. And many of those were still keep hiring while big carriers were laying off people. (don't you see all those mainline are replaced by RJ ?) These feeders never get enough new blood as their turnaround rates are so high. Therefore, you will always see young faces.

But I think its more than looks, its the way you present yourself and your level of charm (sometimes lacking in attractive gay men).
On an airline, I think look is the most important, that is the same as eye contact is one of the most important thing being in customer service industry. Isn't usually someone catch your eye on the street by their appearance ? My tight pants / jeans did catch the eye of several FA.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
This thread is useless without pictures
I AGREE
Old Jun 18, 2009, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
I can hardly see anyone that fly international younger than 40s, although it is hard to argue some guys in their 40s are still attractive. ...
I feel soooo old!
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I feel soooo old!
Don't. There is nothing attractive or sexy about a 20 something that still acts like an eleven year old girl. Like the kind that stands in the middle of the gym room floor singing out loud (and very poorly I might add) to whatever is on his Ipod.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 12:48 pm

Location: The opinion expessed here are not necessarly those of United Airlines or any affiliates or subsidiaries of UAL Corp..
Originally Posted by sfo
The term "cute" refers to babies, small animals, and perhaps small children, "good looking" refers to a guy or is "cute" just a gay thing. Have never seen a "cute" 40 yr old gay man in my life, good looking yes, but not "cute"
I agree that I use "Cute" when referring to small dogs, babies, and in rare slips you will catch me refer to an outfit as cute. But a guy is always HOT , good looking, or a Daddy/Papi !!!
Old Jun 21, 2009, 12:51 pm

Location: The opinion expessed here are not necessarly those of United Airlines or any affiliates or subsidiaries of UAL Corp..
Originally Posted by holtju2
Depends of your definition of a young of course. They "youngest" UA FA's are in their early 30's after all furloughs.
Not true when UA started hiring again in 07-08 we got a lot of 21-25 y.o. you just need to fly to MCO<OMA<MCI<PDX>MSP >PIT >RNO to get on their flights. You can find late 20's to 40 y.o on Int'l routes all the time you just have to look at some of the more less desired days the Int'l routes and times that the flights operate. ie Weekends tend to have younger FA's as the senior FA's perfer to be home with their families. Int'l flights on Tues-Thurs will have more senior FA's Also when you do have a mix of Sr and Jr the Jr fa's tend to work in Y which most of the FT group seem to never travel in (SMILE).

Last edited by Aluminum tubing; Jun 22, 2009 at 2:52 pm Reason: to give an answer in the forum instead of my PM to a member
Old Jun 22, 2009, 4:42 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Don't. There is nothing attractive or sexy about a 20 something that still acts like an eleven year old girl. Like the kind that stands in the middle of the gym room floor singing out loud (and very poorly I might add) to whatever is on his Ipod.
Seriously - what is it about some people that think because they're gay, they're entitled to behave like children (and very spoiled ones, I might add)?
Old Jun 22, 2009, 1:41 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Priority Club
There is really no difference to meet guys on the planes than anywhere else like clubs, trains, buses, stores, on the streets, etc. If you are really gay, you know how to meet other guys.
A few of my single friends must be pretending to be gay then!
Old Jun 22, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by futureacnp
Ok since my last post I've dated 2 flight attendants. I love FAs! ^^ They said that I might want to consider being checked for possible fetish towards FAs.
How would such a check be done?
Old Jun 22, 2009, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by exc3ll
Yeah I don't think I have seen any hot FAs on US airlines yet!
UA has quite a lot of cute guys (young and older).

AA to me is limited, but whenever I fly them, they have some ugly and old "straight" guys.

Asian airlines don't have much cute guys, especially they are not even look to be gay. However, I have seen one or two cute guys occasionally on SQ ! I have once on SQ F, one SQ guy saw me strolling around the plane and he spotted me. (he was serving J in upper deck) He decided to come down and serve me personally. Too bad I didn't have an overnight layover in SFO, or I would definatelly hook him up.
AE (Eagle) has some younger guys. There's one I've seen working SAN-LAX a few times who is kind of cute, very fun (some might say flamboyant). AA (mainline) has a lot of very nice FAs, both male and female, but I'm not sure how many I'd say are cute (to me, "cute" applies to younger guys who are good-looking in a smoother way, while "hot" refers to a broader range of guys, both younger and older, so while many "cute" guys are also "hot", not all "hot" guys are "cute"

BA and QF have a lot of nice male FAs. I'm trying to recall any on CX or JL, but I'm not sure, probably because such a high percentage of FAs there are young females.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anabolism
AE (Eagle) has some younger guys. There's one I've seen working SAN-LAX a few times who is kind of cute, very fun (some might say flamboyant).
Maybe he is one of my "friends" I met him online, rather than inflight though.

Originally Posted by anabolism
I'm trying to recall any on CX or JL, but I'm not sure, probably because such a high percentage of FAs there are young females.
CX, very rare, if they are male, they are straight.

JL, basically impossible, unless they are language FA. Japanese male FA on JL are usually ISM.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jun 23, 2009 at 2:51 pm
Old Jun 23, 2009, 3:19 am

Programs: CX,QF,SPG,HYATT
CX, very rare, if they are male, they are straight.
I saw a Japanese CX crew three times in past year.He is very cute,shame I have no idea hook him.

Another flight from SIN-SYD QF flight,a crew give me his e-mail,and told me where he live in Sydney,but nothing happend after few e-mails.
I found at least half of QF crew are gay,many are young and "slim".
Few of them even younger than me,around 20 years old^
Old Jun 23, 2009, 6:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, DL MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
JL, basically impossible, unless they are language FA. Japanese FA on JL are usually ISM.
ISM = ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.