Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

PSP Gayla VIII - MARCH 25-27, 2011 (changed from 3/18-20)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Which Dates Do You Prefer for PSP Gayla VIII in 2011
March 18-20, 2011
60.00%
March 25-27, 2011
60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

PSP Gayla VIII - MARCH 25-27, 2011 (changed from 3/18-20)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by holtju2
Isn't Palm Springs the Paris of the West?
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Old Jan 2, 2011, 4:32 pm
Suspended

So, what was the final verdict in terms of date?
Old Jan 2, 2011, 6:38 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
So, what was the final verdict in terms of date?
Since no one posted that they have a non-refundable (change fee involved) ticket for the 3/18-20, I'm "declaring" the event to be 3/25-27 otherwise I'd have to miss a conference on 3/18-20.

Hope you can come!!!

For other interested people, we are looking at some different options that could work out very well - stay tuned!!!
Old Jan 6, 2011, 1:17 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Ok, I had to work some stuff out for the change in dates... but I'm happy to say that I'll be able to make it. ^

I was also able to change my award reservation at the Hyatt Regency Palm Springs. They were showing sold out for the longest time... but by accident I found out that when I changed the check-in to Thurs, the whole weekend is available?! (I had been trying Fri-Mon.)

It seems that they are enforcing a 4-day minimum for this weekend... unless it's a mistake. I might try to change it over the phone to three days just to see what happens. Strange.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Ok, I had to work some stuff out for the change in dates... but I'm happy to say that I'll be able to make it. ^

I was also able to change my award reservation at the Hyatt Regency Palm Springs. They were showing sold out for the longest time... but by accident I found out that when I changed the check-in to Thurs, the whole weekend is available?! (I had been trying Fri-Mon.)

It seems that they are enforcing a 4-day minimum for this weekend... unless it's a mistake. I might try to change it over the phone to three days just to see what happens. Strange.
YAY!!! ^
Old Jan 6, 2011, 6:52 pm

Put me down for a strong maybe. Waiting to hear if I have to be in Las Vegas the next week for work.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goteed1
Put me down for a strong maybe. Waiting to hear if I have to be in Las Vegas the next week for work.
Hope you make it!!!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:31 am

Smile My first Gayla

You can move me into the confirmed column.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goteed1
You can move me into the confirmed column.
Woo hoo - welcome!!!
Old Jan 22, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
We haven't been following the stuff on FlyerTalk over the last few years, so I just decided to check in today and see what was happening. We'll have to look, but I doubt we'd be able to make this. Just thought I'd post to say hello to a few people that we haven't talked to in a while and might have thought we fell off the face of the earth.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StSebastian
We haven't been following the stuff on FlyerTalk over the last few years, so I just decided to check in today and see what was happening. We'll have to look, but I doubt we'd be able to make this. Just thought I'd post to say hello to a few people that we haven't talked to in a while and might have thought we fell off the face of the earth.
Hope you & bluesincenew can make it!!!
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver
I would like to stop by and say hi at some point. I met some folks at an XES happy hour--2 for one and I left slurring--so I need to redeem myself. Will be in PS with husband who is a non FT and barely understands me when I talk about it (but his butt has no trouble with the awards) .

I will check back as details develop.

I look forward to it.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by detony
I would like to stop by and say hi at some point. I met some folks at an XES happy hour--2 for one and I left slurring--so I need to redeem myself. Will be in PS with husband who is a non FT and barely understands me when I talk about it (but his butt has no trouble with the awards) .

I will check back as details develop.

I look forward to it.
hope you guys can come
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:01 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
DOH! I'll be in Milan as part of the MXP-mini-DO. $177 for a transatlantic flight and 9500 miles... couldn't pass it up!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

This event is starting to take shape with the following developments:

Fri - early arrival dinner - probably will be at Tropicale ( https://www.thetropicale.com/ ) - this will be "pay for what you consume" (add about 30% for tax & tip) - please plan on bringing cash though.

Sat - one of our own recently moved to PSP (howard-socal & friend LGA) has graciously offered to host a pool party & dinner at his house. This event will be a fixed cost per person (we're working on the budget right now) probably pre-paid via PayPal - we'll provide the cost in the next month. Initial thoughts of the menu is (some appetizer, snacks, Margaritas, and soft drinks - dinner will be Roast Chicken, caesar salad, baked potato) - please let us know ifyou have dietary concerns otherwise (vegetarian etc). Other alcoholic drinks will be BYOB. Also, the house is not in walking distance of most of the resorts in PSP proper, so please let us know if you need a ride (either no rental car or prefer not to drive if you're going to be "drinking").

I'll copy this into the first post also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.