FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   GLBT Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glbt-travelers-218/)
-   -   PSP Gayla VIII - MARCH 25-27, 2011 (changed from 3/18-20) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glbt-travelers/1093803-psp-gayla-viii-march-25-27-2011-changed-3-18-20-a.html)

peteropny Jun 8, 2010 8:19 pm

PSP Gayla VIII - MARCH 25-27, 2011 (changed from 3/18-20)

The event will be 3/25-27/2011 Fri-Sun.

If anyone has suggestions for venues for meals or activities please feel free to post or PM me.

Fri - early arrival dinner - confirmed at Tropicale @ 8:00 PM reservation under Peter or Flyertalk ( https://www.thetropicale.com/ ) - this will be "pay for what you consume" (add about 30% for tax & tip) - please plan on bringing cash though.

Sat - Day time activities - shopping? Joshua Tree National Park (it was quite interesting but drive there was about 1 hour - there is a Keys Ranch (homestead ranch) tour that was very good but requires advance reservation at a cost of $5)? Hang out by the pool? Feel free to make suggestions.

Sat - one of our own recently moved to PSP (howard-socal & friend LGA) has graciously offered to host a pool party & dinner at his house - start of the party will be about 5 PM with dinner at around 7:30PM. This event will be a fixed cost per person at $30 to be paid at the event. Initial thoughts of the menu is (some appetizer, snacks, Margaritas, and soft drinks - dinner will be Roast Chicken, caesar salad, baked potato) - please let us know ifyou have dietary concerns otherwise (vegetarian etc). Other alcoholic drinks will be BYOB. Also, the house is not in walking distance of most of the resorts in PSP proper, so please let us know if you need a ride (either no rental car or prefer not to drive if you're going to be "drinking").

Sun - Brunch - confirmed at Azul @ 1 PM reservation under Peter ( http://www.azultapaslounge.com/index.html ) - this will be "pay for what you consume" (add about 30% for tax & tip) - please plan on bringing cash though.

Attendees:

Confirmed
detony+1 - Fri
dfwoods - Sat
goteed1 - Fri, Sat
howard-socal - Fri, Sat, Sun
JonathanIT - Fri, Sat, Sun
LAX Gambit - Sat, Sun
LGA - Sat, Sun
peteropny + 1 - Fri, Sat, Sun
SJC1K - Fri, Sat

Fri - 8
Sat - 9 +2
Sun - 6

Maybes
bluesincenew
GeneCMH
StSebastian

Unfortunately No
Barr1965
bigguyinpasadena
holtju2
itsaboutthejourney
JFKSFOLAX_friend
KenCT
meFIRST
olafman
OutOfOffice
UAPremierExec
Vuelos

itsaboutthejourney Jun 8, 2010 11:01 pm

waaaaay to far ahead to know my schedule, but i'll be watching this thread and hope to be about to join y'all again for fun times in PSP.

KenCT Jun 9, 2010 6:17 am

No preference here

....but the cheerleading championships are March 26-27 :D I expect to stay at Canyon Club again, but for those staying in mainstream hotels, it gets a little shrill.

bigguyinpasadena Jun 10, 2010 6:59 am

Hee Hee-voting for the earlier weekend to avoid the lil' missys and their stage mothers

peteropny Jun 10, 2010 7:42 am

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena (Post 14109452)
Hee Hee-voting for the earlier weekend to avoid the lil' missys and their stage mothers

Good idea - especially with the stage mothers invading Hunters :D

JonathanIT Jun 12, 2010 11:44 am

Either works for me... but I am glad to know this far in advance to help book the weekend. I am looking forward to enjoying this fun weekend with everyone again next year!!

LAX Gambit Jun 13, 2010 8:49 am

Originally Posted by KenCT (Post 14103076)
....but the cheerleading championships are March 26-27 :D I expect to stay at Canyon Club again, but for those staying in mainstream hotels, it gets a little shrill.

How do you know this? Ken, if i didn't know you, i'd think it was creepy. :D

KenCT Jun 13, 2010 9:26 am

Creepy?

Originally Posted by LAX Gambit (Post 14124457)

Anyone who's stayed in a hotel with hundreds of screaming middle school girls and their Patsy Ramsey mothers would understand, I'm sure.

SeaMeFly Jun 24, 2010 7:39 am

Just VOTE !!!

SeaMeFly Jun 24, 2010 7:40 am

Originally Posted by LAX Gambit (Post 14124457)

He's the head cheerleader squad... GO KENNY GO!!!! :eek::rolleyes:

DavidHatt Jun 24, 2010 7:47 am

Originally Posted by KenCT (Post 14103076)

Canyon Club's full name is "Canyon Club Center for the Performing Arts." :D

Where I own a timeshare!

David

howard-socal Jul 2, 2010 8:11 am

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 14101460)
3/18-20 or 3/25-27?

As of now, both work for me.

Howard

meFIRST Aug 3, 2010 7:17 pm

Has the date been decided?

peteropny Aug 3, 2010 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by meFIRST (Post 14417842)
Has the date been decided?

Poll has a few more day to run (until 8/7) but right now it looks like the earlier weekend is preferred by more people.

ebayj Aug 7, 2010 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney (Post 14102159)
waaaaay to far ahead to know my schedule, but i'll be watching this thread and hope to be about to join y'all again for fun times in PSP.

What he said. I was going to attend PSP Pride this fall, but am going to ISU Skate America in Portland OR instead. So a March break with the FT gang would be nice.