Reload this Page >

EasyPass-RTP Enrollment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EasyPass-RTP Enrollment

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:22 pm

I applied in Dusseldorf but here is the info on the website for Frankfurt. Here is the link to the site with the listed airports: https://www.easypass.de/EasyPass/EN/...pass_node.html

Frankfurt Airport, terminal 1, hall B, level 3, stairs to skyline train
Opening hours:
06:30 - 21:30
Core hours:
08:00 - 18:00
Phone: 0049 (0) 69 3400-5147
E-mail: [email protected]
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by findark
So I finally have a chance to be landside in FRA, and I have an exceedingly dumb question... where is the enrollment center? I looked around for maybe 20 minutes tonight before giving up. I found a Bundespolizei office next to the security checkpoint into Z from T1 Hall A (level 3), but it seemed to be closed (was ~19.30). Hours online claimed until 21.30 but "core hours" were only until 18.00.

Reading the comment thread makes it seem like that was wrong, but I didn't find anything else likely-looking, hmm..
If that is upstairs, that is the wrong place. I went there first and you had to get buzzed in the officer who answered the door wasn't too happy -- not rude, just "why is this tourist bothering me"

The place where I signed up was down by the check in desks. It was like a separate little building inside the check in hall.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
If that is upstairs, that is the wrong place. I went there first and you had to get buzzed in the officer who answered the door wasn't too happy -- not rude, just "why is this tourist bothering me"

The place where I signed up was down by the check in desks. It was like a separate little building inside the check in hall.
Yes indeed, that sounds like where I tried to go. It was after 18.00 so I think it was just closed; I didn't try knocking on the locked door very hard because it seemed awkward. The website says "level 3" which is "upstairs" there, hence my confusion. You're saying a hut down by the check-in counters... is it over to the right (facing toward airside) by the LH F doors?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:16 pm

Yes indeed, that sounds like where I tried to go. It was after 18.00 so I think it was just closed; I didn't try knocking on the locked door very hard because it seemed awkward. The website says "level 3" which is "upstairs" there, hence my confusion. You're saying a hut down by the check-in counters... is it over to the right (facing toward airside) by the LH F doors?
It was last October and I'm not usually in T1 -- but that sounds about right (don't know where LH F is)
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Level 3 is the checkin/departures level. The T1B booth closes at 6pm: https://www.easypass.de/EasyPass/EN/...pass_node.html
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Level 3 is the checkin/departures level. The T1B booth closes at 6pm: https://www.easypass.de/EasyPass/EN/...pass_node.html
Huh. The lifts suggest that '3' is the mezzanine level, or maybe I was just tired after 22+ hours in planes and airports. I'll have a look before my 10.45 departure this weekend
Old Aug 16, 2018, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I forgot to follow up on this - I did finally find it but only after asking the LH checkin agent where to find it.

I clearly don't know my way around FRA landside well enough. It is indeed on the mezzanine (not departures) level, but there is a separate area on Level 3 which can only be accessed from deeper within the departures hall than the ticket counters. You have to start in the B hall and go all the way back (towards the runways) and turn left to find the escalator with the sign for Terminal 2 (doesn't even say "via SkyTrain"). Go up to Level 3 and then turn right to find the Bundespolizei office there. It is not in the hut in A departures where it used to be; it has moved.

Registration was quick and painless, but I did not attempt to use it on my way out -- officer said "one to two hours" and I didn't feel like cutting it close.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I forgot to follow up on this - I did finally find it but only after asking the LH checkin agent where to find it.

I clearly don't know my way around FRA landside well enough. It is indeed on the mezzanine (not departures) level, but there is a separate area on Level 3 which can only be accessed from deeper within the departures hall than the ticket counters. You have to start in the B hall and go all the way back (towards the runways) and turn left to find the escalator with the sign for Terminal 2 (doesn't even say "via SkyTrain"). Go up to Level 3 and then turn right to find the Bundespolizei office there. It is not in the hut in A departures where it used to be; it has moved.

Registration was quick and painless, but I did not attempt to use it on my way out -- officer said "one to two hours" and I didn't feel like cutting it close.
Thanks for the description of location. I flew into T2. Took the sky train over (landslide) to T1. Went down one level (two sets of escalators). It’s on the same level as Commerzbank branch.

If you are in T1 you will have to look for signs to T2, and go up one level. If you go up another level you will be at the sky train to T2.
Old May 23, 2019, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Can't believe I missed this before. I have to register next time I transit FRA and don't have a 1-hour connection...
Old May 23, 2019, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Can't believe I missed this before. I have to register next time I transit FRA and don't have a 1-hour connection...
Better hurry.. not sure if this will still be good when the EU starts requiring ETAs for US passports in 2021.
Old May 23, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Boraxo
We registered in 2016 and have used it many times now.
Old May 24, 2019, 1:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Better hurry.. not sure if this will still be good when the EU starts requiring ETAs for US passports in 2021.
I don't see how ETIAS will block the Easypass-RTP setup... Global Entry works fine with ESTA too.
Old May 25, 2019, 8:30 am

So I had an open jaw trip coming up -- Berlin and Prague. I thought I'd fly into Berlin and use my Easypass-RTP. Well, Delta's flight (JFK-TXL) arrives at gate A01 which has its own little passport check area and no machines -- just two guys in a booth (one EU, one everybody else)

Flying into FRA this summer so I'll use it then.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
So I had an open jaw trip coming up -- Berlin and Prague. I thought I'd fly into Berlin and use my Easypass-RTP. Well, Delta's flight (JFK-TXL) arrives at gate A01 which has its own little passport check area and no machines -- just two guys in a booth (one EU, one everybody else)

Flying into FRA this summer so I'll use it then.
Each terminal is different. At DUS, Pier C inbound has it while outbound have gates, I've never seen them in operation. At Pier B, no gates at all. At Pier A, inbound available and I never flew out of Pier A.
Old May 29, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Looking for feedback if you all find it valuable to have the EasyPASS-RTP.

The reason I ask is... with a US passport you still need to wait for an officer to unlock the gates and give you a stamp it seems.

I get saving a bit of line getting to the passport control, but with priority line is that really worth having to deal with the line helpers and trying to insist you are at the right line?
Then potentially waiting within the gate for someone to open it and stamp your passport?

Seems to me like the system isn't streamlined enough. Again this just what I am currently seeing but would love your thoughts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.