Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EasyPass-RTP Enrollment

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
EasyPass-RTP Enrollment

Apologies if there is a thread for this already -

I have a pretty dumb question about the EasyPass RTP program for US citizens. I transit FRA a decent bit and it's usually my port of entry into Schengen as LH's main TATL hub, so I was considering enrolling. Are the enrollment centres at e.g. FRA landside or airside?

I was having trouble parsing out where in FRA the office would be according to the program website Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
It is landside, on the ground floor near one of the entrances. Don't do what I did and go to the Police office on the 1st (US 2nd) floor

When I enrolled in October it took about 20 minutes -- but half of that was the officer trying to find the other officer who had left his terminal logged into something and was locking my officer out
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
It is landside, on the ground floor near one of the entrances. Don't do what I did and go to the Police office on the 1st (US 2nd) floor
Drat, I suspected as much. How much time would it take to go landside, enroll, and then head back airside? Something tells me that's a little on the crazy side but my current trips are all just transits of FRA and maybe I'm not giving German efficiency enough credit
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Drat, I suspected as much. How much time would it take to go landside, enroll, and then head back airside? Something tells me that's a little on the crazy side but my current trips are all just transits of FRA and maybe I'm not giving German efficiency enough credit
Can't really help you there -- I'm a T2 Non-Schengen guy. Security there is usually quick but I have never been thru T1 Schengen...
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:45 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
In Terminal 1 A, checkin area Lufthansa First Class towards the leftmost entrance on the the departures level (looking from airside to entrance). It's within a kind of modern glas/metal built hut.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by findark
Drat, I suspected as much. How much time would it take to go landside, enroll, and then head back airside?
20-25 minutes max.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BSBD

20-25 minutes max.
YMMV. That's assuming no one is ahead of you and/or nothing comes back in background check.
roberto99 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Unfortunately, all of my upcoming FRA transits are 2h00 or less. If I get in early and feel bold I might go for it (I find it hard to imagine any security line being that long) but not all that likely.

On the flip side, I've never had to wait all that long for passport control either, so meh
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:55 am

EasyPass renewal

I enrolled a few years back and it is nice to have the option of using the eGates. I have since gotten a new passport. I expect I need to re-apply for EasyPass. Does anyone know if this is the case ?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by norenewa
I enrolled a few years back and it is nice to have the option of using the eGates. I have since gotten a new passport. I expect I need to re-apply for EasyPass. Does anyone know if this is the case ?
We applied in 2016 and were told it was tied to the passport we used to enroll and valid until that passports expiry.

This information came from the officer who handled our application.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:23 pm

Thank you. This is what I expect. I will reapply.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:17 pm

Used my EasyPass-RTP for the first time this month. When OK, except the "helper" at the gates saw my US passport and insisted I was in the wrong place. I kept trying to tell him I had registered and he kept insisting I had to go over to the other line. I still had my enrollment form and showed it to him and he finally let me use the gates. I probably didn't save any time -- but hopefully I will in the future.

I do have a question though -- for the exit check can I also use the EU gates? They do have automatic gates for US (and other countries) but sometimes the line backs up and you have to wait until enough clears so that you can reach them. In my case, it was a large group of young people -- under 18 -- so they couldn't use the automatic gates and the line backed up quite far. I was eying the empty EU gates but wasn't sure if EasyPass-RTP lets you use them.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Used my EasyPass-RTP for the first time this month. When OK, except the "helper" at the gates saw my US passport and insisted I was in the wrong place. I kept trying to tell him I had registered and he kept insisting I had to go over to the other line. I still had my enrollment form and showed it to him and he finally let me use the gates. I probably didn't save any time -- but hopefully I will in the future.

I do have a question though -- for the exit check can I also use the EU gates? They do have automatic gates for US (and other countries) but sometimes the line backs up and you have to wait until enough clears so that you can reach them. In my case, it was a large group of young people -- under 18 -- so they couldn't use the automatic gates and the line backed up quite far. I was eying the empty EU gates but wasn't sure if EasyPass-RTP lets you use them.
Yes you can use it for exit but the problem again is the helper.
TheMadBrewer likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:55 am

I used EU gates and worked fine.
TheMadBrewer likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So I finally have a chance to be landside in FRA, and I have an exceedingly dumb question... where is the enrollment center? I looked around for maybe 20 minutes tonight before giving up. I found a Bundespolizei office next to the security checkpoint into Z from T1 Hall A (level 3), but it seemed to be closed (was ~19.30). Hours online claimed until 21.30 but "core hours" were only until 18.00.

Reading the comment thread makes it seem like that was wrong, but I didn't find anything else likely-looking, hmm..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.