Connecting Flights in Dusseldorf

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting Flights in Dusseldorf

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
So the BP scanners only scans you have a BP but does not check for the correct pier? I never tried to "mistakenly" go to the wrong pier.
It's a feature. During busy hours passengers are even directed to security screenings in other "Terminals" (mainly happens between A<>b) for a couple of years now (since the airside connectors between A & B and the newer one between B & C opened).
Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:53 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I also can confirm the the scanner only scan if it is a boarding pass and I use the checkpoint with the shortest queues.

And this means the scanner at the priority lane does not know if your have status and / or are entitled to use the priority lane
Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
So the BP scanners only scans you have a BP but does not check for the correct pier? I never tried to "mistakenly" go to the wrong pier.
You are free to use any of the three security checkpoints. Depending on where I park my car and the time of the day I use either A or B for any LH or AB flight
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
You are free to use any of the three security checkpoints. Depending on where I park my car and the time of the day I use either A or B for any LH or AB flight
Same here. Normally A is terrible in the morning even at Fast Lane.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Not checking for the "correct" concourse is actually not a bug, but a feature. From the time they finished the airside connection between all three concourses, they even encourage you to use a different checkpoint if any of them seems to be overcrowded by placing billboards in front of the concourses.

However, the priority BP check is really annoying - there usually is an attendant at all BP checks in A (both priority and non-priority), but they really seem to be paid for just sitting there. Two weeks ago, there was a huge 15-minute queue at both the prio and non-prio security, and the prio queue snaked all the way back to the non-priority entrance. Still, quite a few people entered through the prio scanner and tried to squeeze in somewhere at the front of the queue. People around me started complaining quietly, until at some point I shouted "Excuse me, please!" Then, everyone started complaining loudly to the attendant, but she only shrugged her shoulders and told one of the entering people to go to the end of the queue, and then disappeared.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.