Connecting Flights in Dusseldorf

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by mariop1
hi
I hope that eurowings will help because im with 2 children. im on one ticket. so no body knows if the flight goes to A90 gate? because looking at the terminal map, there is a area in terminal A that is not for schengen passanger, so i suppose that gate A90 should be there.
Don´t be worry, it´s an easy connection.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:18 pm

75 Minute Layover from Miami to Hamburg

Hi all!

I will be traveling to Hamburg from Miami in early September and have a 75 minute layover in DUS. Should I not worry about the short layover? I've read over some posts and don't think I should have a problem, but want to follow up with someone who has traveled there recently.

How long does it typically take to get off the plane? I know flying in the U.S. this can be a nightmare and I usually book my seats as close to the front as possible, but since this flight wasn't booked directly by me, I don't know what seat I will have.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by thundermydog
Hi all!

I will be traveling to Hamburg from Miami in early September and have a 75 minute layover in DUS. Should I not worry about the short layover? I've read over some posts and don't think I should have a problem, but want to follow up with someone who has traveled there recently.

How long does it typically take to get off the plane? I know flying in the U.S. this can be a nightmare and I usually book my seats as close to the front as possible, but since this flight wasn't booked directly by me, I don't know what seat I will have.

Thanks
As said many times before, 75 minutes aren´t a Problem. Don´t know how long it Need to go out the plane if flying Economy but normally 15 to 30 minutes. German immigration is relatively fast.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:05 pm

Hi all!

Thanks
Plenty of time. And you won't be stuck on the tarmac either. Been in those situations in the US. Last time a little over 1.5 hours after landing because "the gate was occupied"

Rest assured, this will simply not happen in DUS.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:23 am

just to say that i made the connection with a 55 minute layover in DUS. it just took us 10 minutes to go through passport control and reach the departure gate. however i will never fligh again with Euro wings. rubbish company.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by mariop1
Euro wings. rubbish company.
Why? I found it always OK. Would fly it on long haul, but in Europo it's one of the better options.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:21 pm

Hi all!

you will get reg seat inter germany

Thanks
75 min fine if bags auto connect but in bcn one time I was not allowed to get on plane 30 min before take off had to buy new ticket to cpn vueling air

Last edited by FLYGVA; Aug 31, 2016 at 2:56 am
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:36 am

Hello! Just looking for some clarification

I'm flying on two tickets from BOS-DUS-LHR in July, one with Air Berlin and the other with BA.

Flight 1: BOS-DUS. AB7473. Dep: 1855. Arr: 0735
Connection of 3hr15min (I'm pretty comfortable with this!)
Flight 2: DUS-LHR. BA937. Dep: 1050. Arr: 1125

I presume I'll clear immigration in DUS twice? Once on the way in, and once on the way out? If so, is the immigration for the BA flight just prior to the gate?

Also, is security in DUS just prior to the BA gate? Or is this much earlier on, prior to the Hugo Junkers lounge?

Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You will enter Schengen to retrieve your luggage, then check it back in with BA. You then go through security (about 75 paces from the BA desks) and can then freely roam the lounges and restaurants. You will then exit Schengen near the gates BA uses. So yes, you'll show your passport twice. Not to be pedantic, but you don't have a connection, you have two unrelated flights with all the non-protection this entails.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:52 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Simon Schus

Also, is security in DUS just prior to the BA gate? Or is this much earlier on, prior to the Hugo Junkers lounge?

Security is prior to the Hugo-Junkers-Lounge
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
You will enter Schengen to retrieve your luggage, then check it back in with BA. You then go through security (about 75 paces from the BA desks) and can then freely roam the lounges and restaurants. You will then exit Schengen near the gates BA uses. So yes, you'll show your passport twice. Not to be pedantic, but you don't have a connection, you have two unrelated flights with all the non-protection this entails.
Thank you for the clarity on the process, which is handy as I've not flown through DUS I was aware of the baggage pickup, but not the specifics of the immigration. I'm glad that my understanding was correct re: immigration, and that you helped me understand where security is located (I was thrown by security being at the gate at AMS once).

Fair point re: my colloquial use of 'connections' which was used from my perspective (as opposed from an external perspective of others or the airlines). Having exercised this option several times, I am fairly comfortable with the non-protection mostly because of the ~£25 outlay in cash for mid-July flights, and policy wording from my insurance company that covers the delay in the most common circumstances (i.e. tech) which I called up about to clarify.

Thank you again
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
Security is prior to the Hugo-Junkers-Lounge
Lovely, thanks
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Safe travels!
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:50 pm

Back to back with British Airways

I have an ex EU flight from Dusseldorf to New York on British Airways. I will be flying from London on a separate ticket also on British Airways. I would like to know who has got any experience of a back to back in Dusseldorf or how easy is it to transfer? Will I need to clear immigration or security once I get off my first flight?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Are you flying BA LHR-DUS to catch a BA DUS-LHR flight? If so, it's probably same aircraft chances are you would not have to enter Schengen or clear security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.