Connecting Flights in Dusseldorf

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting Flights in Dusseldorf

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: AA EXP
Flying BCN-DUS-ZRH tomorrow morning on AB, but my DUS-ZRH was cancelled and they rebooked me onto a later flight, giving me 6 hours in DUS (arrive 08:05 depart 14:15). Thinking about going into the city, as I've never been before. Any recommendations? And how long before the flight to ZRH should I aim to be back at the airport?
Old May 25, 2017, 2:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by andox
Flying BCN-DUS-ZRH tomorrow morning on AB, but my DUS-ZRH was cancelled and they rebooked me onto a later flight, giving me 6 hours in DUS (arrive 08:05 depart 14:15). Thinking about going into the city, as I've never been before. Any recommendations? And how long before the flight to ZRH should I aim to be back at the airport?
What do you want to do? Shopping? Dining? Looking at fire engines? Sauna?

Tip: find out why your AB flight was cancelled and apply for EC261 compensation if applicable.
Old May 25, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'd definitely like to eat somewhere nice, although I'm not quite sure whether that would be a late breakfast or an early lunch. Maybe walk around the old town? Any worthwhile museums?

And I'll definitely apply for EC261...thanks
Old May 25, 2017, 3:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by andox
I'd definitely like to eat somewhere nice, although I'm not quite sure whether that would be a late breakfast or an early lunch. Maybe walk around the old town? Any worthwhile museums?

And I'll definitely apply for EC261...thanks
You have pm...
Old May 25, 2017, 4:07 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I would just have then put me on a nonstop on Swiss or Iberia unless you had a desire to keep current routing.
Old May 26, 2017, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
I would just have then put me on a nonstop on Swiss or Iberia unless you had a desire to keep current routing.
And how would you manage to do that? They are not too willing to rebook you on other airlines.
Old May 26, 2017, 10:57 am
Original Member

I had misconnect a while back and was put on BA.
Old May 30, 2017, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had misconnect a while back and was put on BA.
Good for you. Flying them more than once a week I can assure you just having them put you on another flight will not work. And a flight on SWISS will with 95 percent certainty not work.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:26 pm

Hi all,

Any ideas which terminal the AB flight from BOS-DUS arrives into? I've had difficulty trying to work out if Terminal C or B.

Also, I assume it is quite easy to walk landside between B and C?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:19 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Hi all,

Any ideas which terminal the AB flight from BOS-DUS arrives into? I've had difficulty trying to work out if Terminal C or B.

Also, I assume it is quite easy to walk landside between B and C?
Generally arrives into C as there are more immigration desks available. If arriving in C and have connecting flight in B, there is a transit corridor with it's own immigration desks but you need to have onward boarding pass.

Landside B-C is easy as well.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB PLATINO, AB GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Sorry for the question if was do it before but... Is posible to visit the Air Berlin lounge for international long haul flights when you are flying into europeans flights? I never visit this airport and I don't know if is posible to go the international terminal (C gates I think) from the other terminals.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PLATINOIB
Sorry for the question if was do it before but... Is posible to visit the Air Berlin lounge for international long haul flights when you are flying into europeans flights? I never visit this airport and I don't know if is posible to go the international terminal (C gates I think) from the other terminals.
Yes, you generally can but I see no advantage to Hugo's Schnitzelbude in the B pier.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:27 pm
Original Member

I don't think you will be able to access pier C without a boarding pass for that pier unless your arriving flight lands at pier C.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think you will be able to access pier C without a boarding pass for that pier unless your arriving flight lands at pier C.
Believe me, you can
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:19 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Believe me, you can
So the BP scanners only scans you have a BP but does not check for the correct pier? I never tried to "mistakenly" go to the wrong pier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.