Connecting Flights in Dusseldorf

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting Flights in Dusseldorf

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Are you flying BA LHR-DUS to catch a BA DUS-LHR flight? If so, it's probably same aircraft chances are you would not have to enter Schengen or clear security.
I was thinking of doing LHR-DUS to DUS-LCY. Thank you for you response.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Are you flying BA LHR-DUS to catch a BA DUS-LHR flight? If so, it's probably same aircraft chances are you would not have to enter Schengen or clear security.
Normally immigration in DUS B is at the gate. So you have to clear immigration.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:10 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by offerendum
Normally immigration in DUS B is at the gate. So you have to clear immigration.
Perhaps you are thinking of TXL A gates?

Normally BA arrives end of Pier B (non-Schengen) which you can stay in (without immigration or security check) to board outbound BA flight. If for some reason BA flight arrives as a bus gate and they shuttle you over to non-Schengen Pier C....I don't know if you can avoid entering Schengen.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Perhaps you are thinking of TXL A gates?

Normally BA arrives end of Pier B (non-Schengen) which you can stay in (without immigration or security check) to board outbound BA flight. If for some reason BA flight arrives as a bus gate and they shuttle you over to non-Schengen Pier C....I don't know if you can avoid entering Schengen.
I flew this route many times in the past. I even experienced that I had to leave the waiting area to clear immigration after arrival of the officers. So you may be lucky to avoid immigration (security is not the problem) but not always.

P.S. Seems they changed the immigration at B.

Last edited by offerendum; Apr 10, 2017 at 10:22 am
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:18 am
Original Member

I see your point. I guess it is YMMV.

During my past arrivals into BA where I'm first one off the plane, I've seen individuals already in the gate area so wasn't too sure how immigration is going to sort out arriving and departing passengers.

I'm guessing there is no legal requirement to sort them out considering Pier C arriving passengers are also mixed up with departing passenges as well.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by offerendum
I flew this route many times in the past. I even experienced that I had to leave the waiting area to clear immigration after arrival of the officers. So you may be lucky to avoid immigration (security is not the problem) but not always.

P.S. Seems they changed the immigration at B.
I have done LCY-DUS-LHR as a positioning flight without any issues and immigration. All from B35 or B33 in the small non Schengen portion of the B terminal. Simply get of the plane and board your onward flight.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:30 am

Hi everyone,

Not sure about this connection as it was sold to me by Eurowings:

It's EDI-->DUS-->CDG with a 50 min connection, and from what I've heard many of the Eurowings flights arrive via buses. I've never been to DUS before and having remembered FRA from a few years ago I'm skeptical this will work. Any advice?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:14 am
Original Member

If it lands on time, it will work.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by jgallant182
Hi everyone,

Not sure about this connection as it was sold to me by Eurowings:

It's EDI-->DUS-->CDG with a 50 min connection, and from what I've heard many of the Eurowings flights arrive via buses. I've never been to DUS before and having remembered FRA from a few years ago I'm skeptical this will work. Any advice?
50 minutes is fine, it will normally work out even with a bus.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:35 pm

LHR > DUS > RSW via airberlin

Hi all, I'm traveling from London LHR to Florida, US via DUS. I booked this connection because it was about $400 cheaper than other options and only added 2 hrs more to my trip. My layover is only 50 minutes in DUS, and I have an American passport. Will this be doable? Does anyone know if I will have to recheck my bags, etc.? I checked the website and looks like A My flights are both on one ticket with airberlin, altho it says British Airways will be operating the first flight. Thanks for any help!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by londonchristina
Hi all, I'm traveling from London LHR to Florida, US via DUS. I booked this connection because it was about $400 cheaper than other options and only added 2 hrs more to my trip. My layover is only 50 minutes in DUS, and I have an American passport. Will this be doable? Does anyone know if I will have to recheck my bags, etc.? I checked the website and looks like A My flights are both on one ticket with airberlin, altho it says British Airways will be operating the first flight. Thanks for any help!
Welcome to FT, londonchristina! I've done this flight many times (we have a place in SW Florida). The first question to ask you (and it is an important one) is whether this is on one ticket or two. If it is on separate bookings I suspect you may have a problem here.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Welcome to FT, londonchristina! I've done this flight many times (we have a place in SW Florida). The first question to ask you (and it is an important one) is whether this is on one ticket or two. If it is on separate bookings I suspect you may have a problem here.
Thanks for the welcome & quick answer! Good to hear from someone who has done the same flight. It is on one ticket booked through Airberlin, although on the Airberlin site it says the first flight is operated by British Airways. I also went ahead and booked a seat on the first leg toward the front of the plane to ease some worrying.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:57 am
Suspended

OK, that makes life a lot easier. DUS is an easy connection so, if your BA flight is on time, you should be able to make this no problem. Your bags will be checked directly to RSW but you will have to get from B (where BA arrives) to C (where your AB7008 is it? departs.) You'll have to skip along at a bit of a pace, but it's non-Schengen to non-Schengen so no immigration, but you will go through security again.

If you don't make the AB flight (mainly because BA is late, otherwise they're likely to hold the flight if they know you've arrived), you're a little stuffed because AB doesn't fly to RSW every day, and there are limited options to Florida from DUS, other than via a connection in the US.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:10 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by LondonElite
OK, that makes life a lot easier. DUS is an easy connection so, if your BA flight is on time, you should be able to make this no problem. Your bags will be checked directly to RSW but you will have to get from B (where BA arrives) to C (where your AB7008 is it? departs.) You'll have to skip along at a bit of a pace, but it's non-Schengen to non-Schengen so no immigration, but you will go through security again.

If you don't make the AB flight (mainly because BA is late, otherwise they're likely to hold the flight if they know you've arrived), you're a little stuffed because AB doesn't fly to RSW every day, and there are limited options to Florida from DUS, other than via a connection in the US.
I don't think there is a non-Schengen corridor between A/B and C according to map. Immigration would be necessary unless there is some other arrangements to get passengers from non-Schengen A/B to C.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:32 am
Suspended

You may be right. I just don't know if there is a transfer station in the small non-Schengen exclave. But even if there isn't, this won't hold you up much longer as the passport desk is right at the gate and should not take longer then a few minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.