Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by Iggyz
MY CURRENT TIER DIAMOND
UNTIL January 31st, 2018

Just got update today for another year. Had to pay yearly membership a few months early to get perk renewed ( did get promotional rate - nice plus). Just in time for a planned trip this week.

So far maybe I've been lucky - but I don't understand the scam comments. I clearly understand frustration with FoundersCard. A bit lacking in communication and sign-up process was a bit of hoop jumping. But I've had positive experience in regards to emails being replied to and receiving perks I have redeemed.

As to personal jabs I just read - program is setup in such a way that yes you can benefit from promoting the service. In some ways this might actually help - more members more bargaining power. In future it might hurt - because companies might not see value in overall membership - meaning not elite enough.

Hating on someone who has benefited from promoting is silly in my opinion. And if that promotion hadn't taken place - many of us wouldn't be having benefits from our paid for perks.
Originally Posted by johnnyg14
Patience paid off. Diamond status has returned. Will make this trip that much more convienent!
Originally Posted by james400
Diamond as of today untill 31 Jan 2018. Didn't have to make a phone call or ..... about it for the last 6 days.
May I ask when you all originally signed up for FC? I have been a FC member since June of 2016. My TR status still says Platinum as of this afternoon (earned by play).
Old Feb 6, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: Founders Card
Originally Posted by seric
In this case, they weren't refusing my money at all. They were denying an existing member a listed benefit.

A number of data points make me consider them a scam. I've held this belief for a few years now since first hearing of their existence. This included a conversation with an individual listed as a user on their site. I was willing however to participate if the math worked in my favor. And I found a list of half a dozen benefits which could be used by some of my business units that would along with CET mitigate the risk. And by scam, I only mean to say that they misrepresent themselves as more than a fancy coupon book which throws events once in awhile. I also question organizations that employ contracts which are clearly Unconscionable.

Why are you so quick to defend Founderscard? Their defense appears to be your sole contributions to this site.
I'm sorry you are unhappy, but all I can do is give my story. I spent 17 days at CET properties last year (you do the math on resort fees), I received the $100 food voucher, I receive a larger ATT through a different corporate affiliation, but it's a decent perk and I used the Hilton benefit last year while staying at a Hilton property in Southern California. I've not attended the meets, as there are non that interest me.

You are quick to label them a scam, yet most stories of people using the card on here are positive. You believed this was a scam for a few years and still did business with them? Please detail what points are scams.

The Caesars benefit debacle came about because Caesars changed the dates their cards expired. It went from March 31 to January 31. FC could have been a little more forthcoming in informing the cardholders of the extended negotiations, but this is only one of the many benefit listed. So people gaming the system had to wait 6 days until their cards were upgraded.

My story is a positive one, having actually used the card for it's intended use, you are unhappy because they turned down your partner. Again, they have that right and they exercised that right. Not everyone I knew who signed up for the card was accepted and they never found out why.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by lindaiah
May I ask when you all originally signed up for FC? I have been a FC member since June of 2016. My TR status still says Platinum as of this afternoon (earned by play).
I signed up May something of 2016. Was approved two weeks later.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 5:34 pm

you are unhappy because they turned down your partner.
They did not turn down my partner for membership. My partner is a member at the <$200 level. They refused to provide my partner with the advertised benefit of adding an additional user. And they were admittedly arbitrary in this decision.

I again, have no issues if you or anyone else wants to use their service. I am however offering a data point on undelivered benefits. Please do not twist my words to imply that the benefit was not withheld from a member in good standing. I'm glad your experiences have been satisfactory.

Last edited by l etoile; Feb 6, 2017 at 8:07 pm Reason: Personal attack removed per rules
Old Feb 6, 2017, 5:48 pm

They did not turn down my partner for membership. My partner is a member at the <$200 level. They refused to provide my partner with the advertised benefit of adding an additional user. And they were admittedly arbitrary in this decision.

I again, have no issues if you or anyone else wants to use their service. I am however offering a data point on undelivered benefits. Please do not twist my words to imply that the benefit was not withheld from a member in good standing. I'm glad your experiences have been satisfactory.
• Significant Other Memberships are valid as long as primary account holder's membership is active and in good standing.
• Memberships are non transferable.
• Memberships are subject to review and approval.
• Membership are subject to Membership terms and conditions.

Is this what you are talking about? Seems they are subject to review and approval, doesn't sound arbitrary, sounds like it was reviewed and not approved.

Last edited by l etoile; Feb 6, 2017 at 8:08 pm
Old Feb 6, 2017, 5:50 pm

Seems they are subject to review and approval, doesn't sound arbitrary, sounds like it was reviewed and not approved.
When they refuse to give a reason for the refusal, and state only that they have the right to refuse the benefit, that meets my definition of arbitrary. At this point though, if I need to point that out to you this conversation isn't going to be productive. <Personal attack removed>

Last edited by l etoile; Feb 6, 2017 at 8:09 pm Reason: Personal attack
Old Feb 6, 2017, 5:51 pm

I'm not twisting your words, you called it a scam several times, I'm just trying to understand how FC is a scam?

Last edited by l etoile; Feb 6, 2017 at 8:09 pm
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:15 pm

(Anyone else) have a bad experience with FC? The Caesars snafu was a pain, but not a show stopper. Anybody else have an experience where a benefit wasn't honored? Anyone using the ATT 15% discount? Any other discounts with real world experiences?

I'm asking because I have a couple of friends asking about the card and I'm on the fence about making the recommendation unless the benefits have actually been used. Also, there may be some discounts I'm missing.

Last edited by l etoile; Feb 6, 2017 at 8:24 pm Reason: Removed inappropriate comment. Moderator wording in ()
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
At the Rio right now. The app shows Diamond, the website shows Diamond, the self service swipe your card machine shows Diamond, yet TR' s system shows Platinum. They can not print my new card because of it. A nice lady asked IT to upgrade it manually.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by skyscanner
At the Rio right now. The app shows Diamond, the website shows Diamond, the self service swipe your card machine shows Diamond, yet TR' s system shows Platinum. They can not print my new card because of it. A nice lady asked IT to upgrade it manually.
Issue resolved.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
(Anyone else) have a bad experience with FC? The Caesars snafu was a pain, but not a show stopper. Anybody else have an experience where a benefit wasn't honored? Anyone using the ATT 15% discount? Any other discounts with real world experiences?

I'm asking because I have a couple of friends asking about the card and I'm on the fence about making the recommendation unless the benefits have actually been used. Also, there may be some discounts I'm missing.
I recall someone using the AT&T discount a year or two ago. My AT&T account is a business account, so it was not applicable. I've used MailChimp, JetSmarter (just did the sign-up), Cathay and a few others. I also know for a fact the Apple discount is legitimate; but it's only for business and runs through their business team. I know many that have had no issue with the Hilton Gold Upgrade, and the British Airways discount also works. When they had the AA Platinum Upgrade, that did work for me. I'm sure I am missing some.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:35 am

When they refuse to give a reason for the refusal, and state only that they have the right to refuse the benefit, that meets my definition of arbitrary. At this point though, if I need to point that out to you this conversation isn't going to be productive. <Personal attack removed>
Conversation is not productive when you call this a scam. Most people have no problem other than not getting their diamond in time for their trip. Far from being a "scam". We don't know your conversation with FC, but if its similar to way your talking to your fellow flyertalk member, I'm not surprised that they denied the benefits.

James found this and posted earlier in the thread...

Here's the fine print from FC when you signed up:

(b) FoundersCard has the right to add, modify or eliminate any benefit or service at any time at our discretion. FoundersCard does not guarantee the availability of any of its benefits and they are all subject to change at any time without notice.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
I recall someone using the AT&T discount a year or two ago. My AT&T account is a business account, so it was not applicable. I've used MailChimp, JetSmarter (just did the sign-up), Cathay and a few others. I also know for a fact the Apple discount is legitimate; but it's only for business and runs through their business team. I know many that have had no issue with the Hilton Gold Upgrade, and the British Airways discount also works. When they had the AA Platinum Upgrade, that did work for me. I'm sure I am missing some.
What's the FC offer for JetSmarter? I've been looking at JetSmarter for a while but the membership price seems to go up every couple months. I doubt I'll actually sign up but curious what FC is offering anyway.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:26 am

You wanted to add your partner as a spouse but they are already a member who wants to add someone else as a user? Could you be more specific as to what you were attempting? I'm confused .
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: total rewards
Question: Did FC renew the Diamond status with Total Rewards?

Originally Posted by lindaiah
Hi, Can anyone confirm the details for the FC renewal and benefits for the Total Rewards for 2017? If I join this year will I be eligible for this benefit, I emailed FC and have not received a reply for three days? Any advice appreciated, Thank you in advance!

-jc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.