mlife (mgm) questions

Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:54 am
Original Member

I'd say Mandalay Bay is your best bet. Talk with your host and see what you can do about picking up charges on Sunday. Don't ask VIP to do it or they will use your Express Comps. Also, she can reverse credit card charges after the fact when she gets back in after her weekend.

QL
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:02 am

MLife Confirmation

How long does it take for MLife to email you your trip confirmation?

Just curious, as it was not instantaneous like most other sites.

Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Got a room offer from aria. Says if I get 1250 pts per day room will be fully comped. What kind of points is this? Tier? Session?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:12 pm

@ellinj,

1250 tier credits seems incredibly low for a room comp at Aria. Slot points convert 1:1 to tier credits, but there's no points for table games -- they just go straight to tier credits. POINTplay and FREEplay and HSP are all reward points and are not things that marketing would likely say that you need to earn to get a comp.

1250 tier credits requires $250 coin-in on slots, or about an hour of blackjack at $50 a hand. I would believe ten times that number (12,500 points) for a room comp; that's four hours at $125 a hand.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Heresiarch
@ellinj,

1250 tier credits seems incredibly low for a room comp at Aria. Slot points convert 1:1 to tier credits, but there's no points for table games -- they just go straight to tier credits. POINTplay and FREEplay and HSP are all reward points and are not things that marketing would likely say that you need to earn to get a comp.

1250 tier credits requires $250 coin-in on slots, or about an hour of blackjack at $50 a hand. I would believe ten times that number (12,500 points) for a room comp; that's four hours at $125 a hand.
Its apparently session points not tier points, I earned 40k or so tier points but not enough session points for the comp.

Copied from my offer email.

Special room rates starting from $79 Sunday – Thursday and Special Weekend Rates Available
Earn 1,250 Points per Day at ARIA on Your M life Card and Your Room is Complimentary
$25 Resort Credit
Offer valid Now - August 30
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by ellinj
Its apparently session points not tier points, I earned 40k or so tier points but not enough session points for the comp.
Ah. I'm not much of a slot player. Google tells me session points are either 1:10 to tier credits or 1:7.5, although that could be because the number depends on if you're gold or platinum (both of whom earn points faster than sapphire and pearl). If it's 1 session point : 10 tier credits, 1250 session points would be 12500 tier credits, or $2500 coin-in per day -- which, by my calculations at dollar slots, gives a comp value comparable to midweek rates at ARIA. Which makes sense, so 10:1 seems to fit.

As I understand it. -- 40k tier credits over three days or less should have gotten you the room comp. So I have a few questions:

How many days were you there? Did you mix slots with tables or VP to get that 40k tier credits? What's your guess on the session points you earned for that 40k tier credits (ie the session points : tier credits ratio)?

Last edited by Heresiarch; Jun 28, 2012 at 7:55 pm
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Heresiarch
Ah. I'm not much of a slot player. Google tells me session points are either 1:10 to tier credits or 1:7.5, although that could be because the number depends on if you're gold or platinum (both of whom earn points faster than sapphire and pearl). If it's 1 session point : 10 tier credits, 1250 session points would be 12500 tier credits, or $2500 coin-in per day -- which, by my calculations at dollar slots, gives a comp value comparable to midweek rates at ARIA. Which makes sense, so 10:1 seems to fit.

As I understand it. -- 40k tier credits over three days or less should have gotten you the room comp. So I have a few questions:

How many days were you there? Did you mix slots with tables or VP to get that 40k tier credits? What's your guess on the session points you earned for that 40k tier credits (ie the session points : tier credits ratio)?
I was there 3 days, did most of my slot play at Aria, and a bit of table gaming at Monte Carlo,

I *Think* I arrived at Aria with about 54k tier points, I before checkout I was up to about 95k tier points, and after checkout I was up to 119k as I expect the room and my $800 dinner on my room bumped up my points yet again.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by fly2nrt
Does this provide anything for those of us who don't gamble? I spend alot in Las Vegas hotels and restaurants but don't really gamble... was wondering if it was worth signing up for. Thanks
Yes now with $40,000 MGM charges in a year get you this Noir card.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA, UA, HH, *wood
Oct 1 program changes

Has anyone heard anything about the pending changes?

Oct 1st Program Changes
Old Aug 3, 2012, 8:32 pm

wonder how they will handle the transition to the new point expiration date. Will all my tier points go poof october 2012 or 2013?

The rolling expiration date for tiers and Tier Credits will be replaced with one set expiration date per year - October 1. If you advance to a higher tier before that date, you'll enjoy those tier benefits for at least a year!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by LAX Gambit
Has anyone heard anything about the pending changes?

Oct 1st Program Changes
The link doesn't open..

Actually I think that the whole site is down..

Last edited by terminalfive; Aug 20, 2012 at 2:58 pm
Old Aug 24, 2012, 8:28 am

Did you guys hear there is a facebook app game called "My Vegas" that you play and you earn real M life points?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by nia07
Did you guys hear there is a facebook app game called "My Vegas" that you play and you earn real M life points?
you can earn various mgm prizes, but there is no redemption option for MLife Points.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 3:02 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
mlife (mgm) questions

There are no mlife properties in Macau are there? Ie can I accumulate redeem Comps in Asia?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by nia07
i've been playing it some, but apparently others spend all day on it. there's a fb group called my vegas friends, too, that you can join and add 100 players to earn the max daily friend bonus.

I'm at level 48, I think, but some cats on there are already up to 125 or so. It takes a LOT of playing to get to that level. Averaging HOURS a day, every day.

I think I'm at around 13000 of those reward points. I'm close to getting two free glasses of champagne or other items of minimal value :/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.