Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GoWild! All-You-Can-Fly Pass

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2022, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beonks
As someone who has never flown Frontier before, can you all recommend if this pass is a good option for me?
Both myself and my spouse are active duty military. We have 1 child (8 months old) and currently live in Japan. We will be moving to Philadelphia in May. Additionally, both of our families live in Orlando. Frontier flies direct Philly to Orlando. Also, as military we receive 1x free carry-on and checked bag. We don't normally purchase seats and won't die if we have to sit apart from each other for the 2.5 hr flight. Lastly, our son will be under 2 for the majority of the time we'd have the pass (turns 2 in March 2024), so he'd also fly free as a lap baby. In this situation, would you recommend we jump in on the $599 price? How many trips to and from MCO do you think it would take for us to break even?
1. looks like frontier has 6 nonstop flights between philly and orlando every day each way
2. today November 17th is last day to buy at $599, also remember about $14.60 for each flight for the taxes.
3. military helps for free bags
You have to ask yourself how many times do you think you will use. Can also use to fly to other cities las vegas etc.
The more you fly the more value you get.
If you fly 10 round trips $599+$292fees=$891/20=$44.55 each way
If you fly 15 round trips $599+$438fees=$1037/30=$34.55 each way
If you fly 20 round trips $599+$584fees=$1183/40=$29.57 each way
frontier might have some $15 mid week flights if you buy at airport but the pass will open up everyday plus no travel to airport
Old Nov 17, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Originally Posted by beonks
As someone who has never flown Frontier before, can you all recommend if this pass is a good option for me?
Both myself and my spouse are active duty military. We have 1 child (8 months old) and currently live in Japan. We will be moving to Philadelphia in May. Additionally, both of our families live in Orlando. Frontier flies direct Philly to Orlando. Also, as military we receive 1x free carry-on and checked bag. We don't normally purchase seats and won't die if we have to sit apart from each other for the 2.5 hr flight. Lastly, our son will be under 2 for the majority of the time we'd have the pass (turns 2 in March 2024), so he'd also fly free as a lap baby. In this situation, would you recommend we jump in on the $599 price? How many trips to and from MCO do you think it would take for us to break even?
please, please do not buy the two passes. This will end poorly for you. As a family, you all need to be on the same plane. Also, since both of you work, you both need to be back to work on time. It is a poor plan for people using military leave.

The $1200 that you pay for these will more than get you back and forth to Orlando many times on not only Frontier, but Allegiant and American.

Last edited by pretzlaff; Nov 17, 2022 at 9:18 am
Old Nov 17, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Artedm- is today really the last day to buy at $599? I had not seen that.

if that is the case, then this is certainly mostly a pr gimmick. Driving this morning, I heard a report about it on a national radio news show. It struck me then what a pr stunt this really probably is.

Also, hard to believe that many people had the chance to hear about it, think about it, and buy it in such a short time.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
please, please do not buy the two passes. This will end poorly for you. As a family, you all need to be on the same plane. Also, since both of you work, you both need to be back to work on time. It is a poor plan for people using military leave.

The $1200 that you pay for these will more than get you back and forth to Orlando many times on not only Frontier, but Allegiant and American.
Allegiant is different airports allentown-abe to orlando-sfb
american/southwest look like about $163-200+ each way so $1200 might get about 3 roundtrips
Old Nov 17, 2022, 9:37 am
Original Poster

if that is the case, then this is certainly mostly a pr gimmick. Driving this morning, I heard a report about it on a national radio news show. It struck me then what a pr stunt this really probably is.

Also, hard to believe that many people had the chance to hear about it, think about it, and buy it in such a short time.
Frontier facebook/twitter mention $599 price ending today
pretzlaff likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by artedm
Allegiant is different airports allentown-abe to orlando-sfb
american/southwest look like about $163-200+ each way so $1200 might get about 3 roundtrips
Agreed American is not a good option for a price-sensitive young married couple. But as a couple getting a middle seat isn’t nearly as painful, but just flying on Frontier Philly-Orlando and buying on sale should work well. No need to purchase the passes, just put $1200 in the airfare budget and structure travel around big sales and/or low airfare dates, should be able to afford a bunch of round trips.
jebr likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

I bought one, how many people do we think pulled the trigger on it?
Old Nov 17, 2022, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by donotblink
I bought one, how many people do we think pulled the trigger on it?
I suspect not many, but it'd be interesting to hear how it turned out from those who did.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Frontier Airlines’ GoWild! All-You-Can-Fly Pass Now Includes International Destinations! Special Introductory Price of $599 Extended Through Nov. 18

November 17, 2022 – Ultra-low fare carrier Frontier Airlines (NASDAQ: ULCC) today announced its new all-you-can-fly GoWild! Pass™ will include international destinations. The GoWild! Pass offers passholders exclusive access to unlimited flights for one low annual price.

Frontier offers a wide range of attractive international vacation destinations across Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin America. International travel can be booked and confirmed starting 10 days before flight departure. Domestic travel can be booked and confirmed the day before flight departure. Individuals who have already purchased the GoWild! pass will automatically receive access to international travel. You must be 18 years or older and a U.S. resident to enroll in the GoWild! Pass.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Looks like they updated the website to extend the sale through 11:59 PM Mountain Time on November 18, 2022.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 7:33 pm

I think they just added international travel?! The website copy now reads:
  1. Search & Book on FlyFrontier.com the day before flight departure for domestic travel and starting 10 days before flight departure for international travel. Your pass will be valid for one year beginning May 2, 2023. For each flight, you'll pay $0.01 in airfare plus applicable taxes, fees, and charges at the time of booking. When you book, you can also purchase options like bags, seats, and other ancillary products for each flight to customize your travel.
alchemista likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink
I think they just added international travel?! The website copy now reads:
  1. Search & Book on FlyFrontier.com the day before flight departure for domestic travel and starting 10 days before flight departure for international travel. Your pass will be valid for one year beginning May 2, 2023. For each flight, you'll pay $0.01 in airfare plus applicable taxes, fees, and charges at the time of booking. When you book, you can also purchase options like bags, seats, and other ancillary products for each flight to customize your travel.
Yes they just added international and 10 day for that, which changes the equation on this significantly if you're wanting international travel. Aren't international taxes & fees a lot more?

I checked Costa Rica and the taxes/fees were
$97.16
Taxes & Carrier Imposed Fees
for just 1-way.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by alchemista
Yes they just added international and 10 day for that, which changes the equation on this significantly if you're wanting international travel. Aren't international taxes & fees a lot more?

I checked Costa Rica and the taxes/fees were
$97.16
Taxes & Carrier Imposed Fees
for just 1-way.
blah I just realized that this was already posted. 😑
Old Nov 17, 2022, 8:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MGM Gold, Hertz PC, Enterprise Plus Platinum, National EE, Hilton Honors Silver
Same Day Bookings?

Will same day bookings be allowed, or does it have to be on the day prior (for domestic flights)?

Also, anyone know if flying standby will be allowed for sold out flights?
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by fishychips
Will same day bookings be allowed, or does it have to be on the day prior (for domestic flights)?

Also, anyone know if flying standby will be allowed for sold out flights?
there's also now the interesting possibility that you could sort of do hidden city ticketing and book a domestic to international connection 10 days out and then skip the international portion. Maybe?
alchemista likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.