Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GoWild! All-You-Can-Fly Pass

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

GoWild! All-You-Can-Fly Pass

Get ready to turn your flexibility into unlimited travel with the new GoWild! All-You-Can-Fly Pass. For one low price, you will enjoy:

• An unlimited number of flights
• Access to all our destinations
• Flights available 300+ days a year
• Complete flexibility
• Bookings confirmed ahead of travel
• 12 months of travel

beginning spring 2023.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:24 pm

I signed up for the waitlist although I can't imagine it being cost effective for my frequent <$19 flights to LAS.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
This could be very interesting. Flying as a subscription service.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 5:53 pm

I am super interested to see the details of this. The email says the pass can be used over 300 days a year; I'm sure certain holiday period flights will be ineligible. I'm curious if all Sunday flights will be ineligible as well, since that is by far the most popular travel day.

From the wording of the email, it appears that you won't know for sure if you can fly until the day before. Is that how everyone else is reading it?

This reminds me of the unlimited rail/bus passes for Amtrak and Greyhound. If flexibility is not a problem, this could be great. I'm just curious how this would work in conjunction with Elite benefits, especially since many people --myself included-- have already qualified for 2023.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Although Frontier cancelled my 6am flight at 5am and subsequently lost my luggage…

I’m reckless and gullible. I’d probably buy it.

edit: so it looks like I need any elite status to have a free carryon and I don’t wanna spend 25k on the cc. Maybe status match comes back in December? Otherwise can MR transcons?

Last edited by gudugan; Oct 27, 2022 at 6:02 am
Old Oct 27, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: Amex MR, Southwest RR
I joined the waitlist the moment I got the email... I'm interested and eager to see the price point, and also what taxes/fees we still have to pay with the pass. Even if my status expires and I can't take a carryon, it's pretty straightforward to fit a weekend's worth of clothes and an iPad (for working) into a backpack.
gudugan likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 11:28 am

Alaska flight pass https://flightpass.alaskaair.com/asa/subscriptions is most comparable

My predictions
- Elite status applies. But 50k has effectively the same benefits as 20k and 100k has checked bag. All include carryon
- Can book one flight at once (since only 24hr out)
- $99/month
- Have to pay taxes on flights (Alaska is $14.60 per segment)
- No up charge on popular routes unlike Alaska
- Could have enrollment fee because discount den has one
- Nationwide availability excludes international
- No mileage earning
Old Oct 27, 2022, 1:50 pm

What airline??
Old Oct 27, 2022, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by RRROOO
What airline??
VietJet
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
I bet the pass only covers the fare portion of the ticket. You still have to pay all the "fees" and taxes.

Only knowing if you can fly 24 hrs before the flight is a deal breaker for me.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by GumboCook
I bet the pass only covers the fare portion of the ticket. You still have to pay all the "fees" and taxes.

Only knowing if you can fly 24 hrs before the flight is a deal breaker for me.
Essentially, the fact that flights are confirmed only 24 hours in advance makes this "unlimited standby". Couple this fact with the many routes that are flown only once a day or even less... one really needs to be flexible to the point of not really needing to go!
Old Oct 28, 2022, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by RobertS975
Essentially, the fact that flights are confirmed only 24 hours in advance makes this "unlimited standby". Couple this fact with the many routes that are flown only once a day or even less... one really needs to be flexible to the point of not really needing to go!
Yes, it's like being a nonrev!

One interesting thing is that you can buy single tickets with really long layovers. For example on 28 October:
F9 742 19:36-23:10 OAK-DEN
15hr 31min layover
F9 711 14:41(+1)-19:34 DEN-DTW

That would save you the (theoretical) taxes on two segments. I wonder also if you could short check (if needed), cancel the second segment if you found a better routing, lots of possibilities...
Old Oct 28, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by gudugan

One interesting thing is that you can buy single tickets with really long layovers. For example on 28 October:
15hr 31min layover

That would save you the (theoretical) taxes on two segments. I wonder also if you could short check (if needed), cancel the second segment if you found a better routing, lots of possibilities...
Pardon me for being overly judgemental, but 15 hour connections that essentially include overnights and much of the following day are borderline insanity!
Old Oct 28, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gudugan

15hr 31min layover

If you do check a bag, I assume you have to claim it. And then recheck it. Do they charge you another checked bag fee upon the re-check?
Old Oct 28, 2022, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by hobo13
If you do check a bag, I assume you have to claim it. And then recheck it. Do they charge you another checked bag fee upon the re-check?
I took a flight like this (referenced above).
- Bag is checked all the way through at origin
- However they cancelled my connecting flight one hour before departure
- There was only one flight per day on that route and I needed to get there. So I rebooked on Spirit (lol). They gave me the option to take the next flight or get a $400 refund on any airline which was paid out quickly.
- I should’ve claimed my bag at the baggage office but I forgot to. So it was forwarded on the next flight the next day.

Note that they don’t provide any documentation whatsoever for lost baggage other than the white tag. So I had a hell of a time trying to claim insurance. They do NOT have missing baggage reports. They also do not give you any compensation for delayed bags.

One other thing to note is that they don’t have agents (or baggage offices) at airports where there’s one flight a day. There’s just contract agents that leave immediately after the flight lands. So if you need to pick up a bag you need to be there right when the flight lands or wait until the next day.

I am pretty sure you can short check and check again without paying a fee as your ticket has a bag on each segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.