Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GoWild! All-You-Can-Fly Pass

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by ericjenrique
Know of any other airline besides Southwest that doesn't have hefty change or cancellation fees?
American, Delta, United, JetBlue....just don't buy basic economy.
ericjenrique and jaguars25 like this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by frugal_flyer
I'm just speculating here, but I think Frontier didn't sell as many GOWILD! passes as they were hoping. So they added International travel as a carrot, and extended the $599 introductory price by a day for people who will now change their minds and go for this.

If you include International flights and get to enjoy Elite benefits for all of 2023, it can be argued that this isn't a horrible deal for $600 assuming you are able to fly a lot. A LOT.

But if you are flying on the GOWILD! pass all year and not actually earning status miles for 2024, there's no way the pass is worth $2000 in 2024. So if you don't renew for 2024, you are stuck with no Elite perks until you actually attain them. And if you do pony up the $2000, you won't ever get Elite unless you spend an awful lot of money on the credit card.

I know I'm not buying the pass. I can't fly enough to justify it with no restrictions, let alone *with* restrictions. I don't mind checking the website everyday to go when i want to for the rock bottom fares. Besides, I want to keep Elite status as long as I can --as long as it's worth it, anyway-- with Frontier.

As for the hidden city trick to book domestic more than a day out... this is very intriguing. But I can't believe someone at Frontier hasn't already thought of this. Is it possible that your GOWILD! pass would be canceled for doing this? "Terms and Conditions," you know....
I wonder if they will make it 2k at midnight and lower the price again for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Maybe they'll make it even lower for BF/CM at $499?
Old Nov 18, 2022, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink
American, Delta, United, JetBlue....just don't buy basic economy.
I've agonized over the pros and cons of this pass the past few days. Decided to pull the trigger for at least the first year introductory price. Will even get one for the wife. The way I look at it, if I can use the pass for at least two cross country or international trips, it will have paid for itself, Any additional longer trips, or short weekend trips I can successfully book and return back home with the pass will be icing on the cake. Having elite status for next year helped with the decision. If I ultimately need to pay cash for a return trip back with another airline on a trip, it will have been worth the gamble. $600 intro price is worth the risk. $2,000 renewal price? Time will tell but most likely not worth it.
pretzlaff likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by ericjenrique
I've agonized over the pros and cons of this pass the past few days. Decided to pull the trigger for at least the first year introductory price.
I just pulled it as well. We'll see how it goes although it's doubtful that I'll renew at $2K.
pretzlaff likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by homeboy4
I just pulled it as well. We'll see how it goes although it's doubtful that I'll renew at $2K.

My one question. Do they state in the TC what “class” or how many seats need to be left to book you? Feel like this could be played around with and there’s 50 seats available, but I don’t get one? Wish this was like Alaska Air. Monthly* I’d take a 3 month stab at it. 💯
Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:23 pm

I'm also curious if I am 100k elite and have this GoWild pass if I would be able to add anyone to my reservation (paying full fare) to take advantage of the free "The Works" benefit when booked together? I'm assuming this would be difficult... any thoughts?
Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, AA Plat Pro, F9 Elite 100k
Originally Posted by donotblink
Is US2 a percentage of the fare?
Given the fare is $1.36, I'd say no.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:55 pm

One thing I didn't think about but concerns me...the unknown about how Frontier will open inventory for this. Each time I decide I want to maybe buy this, something else comes up that scares me off.

Many cities will show multiple options to get to your destination. For instance, if I search MCO-SAT on a random day, I am presented with three options. One is a nonstop, and the other two are connecting flight options through LAS and ATL. 12.5 hours for one, and over 20 hours for the other. It would be REALLY nasty if Frontier decided to make most of these unfavorable connecting options the only ones available.
donotblink likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by jaguars25
I'm also curious if I am 100k elite and have this GoWild pass if I would be able to add anyone to my reservation (paying full fare) to take advantage of the free "The Works" benefit when booked together? I'm assuming this would be difficult... any thoughts?

it does say. Exactly. In TCs. “I’m already a Frontier elite member, do I enjoy my benefits on a GOWILD ticket booking?”

answer

”YES! Note; won’t earn miles or will not count towards tier status on GOWILD bookings”

feels vague. But you should get the same benefits no? Ugh. This seems like a FTX situation….” For 600$. I’m in Phoenix. Go to Vegas quite a bit. Sometimes Denver. Try for ONE international in 12 months…..This is probably a GOGAMBLE the 599$
Old Nov 18, 2022, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by creativeguess1
it does say. Exactly. In TCs. “I’m already a Frontier elite member, do I enjoy my benefits on a GOWILD ticket booking?”

answer

”YES! Note; won’t earn miles or will not count towards tier status on GOWILD bookings”

feels vague. But you should get the same benefits no? Ugh. This seems like a FTX situation….” For 600$. I’m in Phoenix. Go to Vegas quite a bit. Sometimes Denver. Try for ONE international in 12 months…..This is probably a GOGAMBLE the 599$
I know if I travelled solo it would be easy to use the 100k elite benefits, including "The Works" with this unlimited pass, but I don't have much faith in the F9 tech team that they would make it so that I could book others on the same reservation to give them "The Works" also when I'm paying $0.01 for my fare and they are paying a higher fare.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by jaguars25
I know if I travelled solo it would be easy to use the 100k elite benefits, including "The Works" with this unlimited pass, but I don't have much faith in the F9 tech team that they would make it so that I could book others on the same reservation to give them "The Works" also when I'm paying $0.01 for my fare and they are paying a higher fare.

yeah. Great point. More I think about this. I’d say less than 50 percent shot you could add someone. I can’t even figure out how to cancel one person online, on a two person booking. This. From a FA fan. 😁
Old Nov 18, 2022, 8:51 pm

I bought mine. The clincher was that I can use my elite benefits (all I care about is stretch seating and the carry on). I mainly fly from LAS to SNA and LAS to MCO. Now I can do this as often as I want for about $40 RT to SNA and $80 RT to MCO. This works for me.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 10:52 pm

My final say is this:

Over the last two years of my Elite 100k status I have tracked my flights and spending in a spreadsheet. I decided to go back and look at least year as an example, and in the 30 flights I did, my fares totaled $845.92.

Using Frontier's example of a minimum of $14.60 per flight taxes, this means 30 flights equates to AT LEAST $438 in taxes. Add in the $599 Go Wild! pass and we come to a total of $1,037. This means the Go Wild! pass costs me $191.08 more than my year prior flights combined. I'm paying more for less flexibility, no elite qualifying mile accrual, and too many unknowns. By paying per flight I stay in control of my destiny rather than hoping and praying Frontier let's me on the day before...and I do it all for likely less than the pass and fees combined.

This is not a deal. It SOUNDS like a deal because Frontier has low prices all the time before you play the bag and seat game, and as such, $599 sounds cheap for an all you can fly buffet. But these taxes and fees add up.

I don't know why it took me so long to bust out my spreadsheet and just do the simple math, but this has helped me settle for certain this is not awesome. It's a great PR campaign to make their Wall Street numbers look great at reporting to show butts in the seats. It's going to inflate their load factor percentages. Someone at Frontier deserves a pat on the back for this one. Bravo.

Last edited by Cameron B; Nov 18, 2022 at 10:59 pm
Old Nov 19, 2022, 12:01 am

They bumped the price up to $799 "sale ends at 11:59 PM Mountain Time on November 22, 2022" - I bet they bring it back down for Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday
Old Nov 19, 2022, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Cameron B
My final say is this:

….I decided to go back and look at least year as an example, and in the 30 flights I did, my fares totaled $845.92.
. Bravo.
Curious, what routes are most of your trips and do you buy at the airport or with discount den? Impressed with how low your fares have been to achieve 100k with 30 flights. The best direct flight mileage run for me is mco-las (4k miles) and even with 100% off promos I’m still paying at least $76 RT. Of course the bulk of what I’m paying are CIC fees but I assumed the CIC fee was a wash as non discount den fares seem to be $20-$30 higher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.