GoWild! All-You-Can-Fly Pass

Old Apr 23, 2023, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Generally speaking I think you're getting the looser rules and looser availability because we're in one of the slowest periods of the year (April-May except for Easter and Memorial Day is usually one of the slowest). I've long said the best holidays for low-fare or award-travel hunting are Cinco de Mayo and Halloween.

Summer, OTOH, could be a different story, especially peak summer (all July and first 2 weeks of August). If they can sell paid tickets and even have an "airfare" portion on most that's well over $1, then that'll be Plan A. You'd need a breather on demand to get GW availability. If it gets really bad or they get a lot of complaints they'll open a booking window for the slow fall time period and try to present that as an alternative, though it won't placate those who can only travel when school's out.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 11:40 am

Hi -

A couple of data points:

1) I booked three RT tickets nonstop to LAS. All priced at $29.82RT.

2) I looked at a flight tonight MCO-TTN. They were only selling Y-class tickets for $309 and GW tickets at $14.91. No other fare class on EF.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

A couple of data points:

1) I booked three RT tickets nonstop to LAS. All priced at $29.82RT.

2) I looked at a flight tonight MCO-TTN. They were only selling Y-class tickets for $309 and GW tickets at $14.91. No other fare class on EF.
All this will do is drive people to Southwest and Spirit who also came out with their own promo Gold status match last week gets you on parity with Southwest with free checked and carry on bag for only $99 valid for a yr with lcc fares, that was a great offer
Old May 1, 2023, 3:35 pm

Just got this email from Frontier:

WILD NEWS coming 5/2

GOWILD! ANNOUNCEMENT
COMING SOON

Something BIG is coming tomorrow. Be sure to check your inbox for a WILD surprise.

Any guesses on what it is? I'm going to guess these passes will be going on sale again!
Old May 2, 2023, 3:34 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by jaguars25
I'm going to guess these passes will be going on sale again!
Ding, ding, ding…any takers at $499? With $20-$40 non-“den” fares on the routes I’m most interested in, I’m thinking it’s still a no…
Old May 4, 2023, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

May 4, 2023 Frontier Airlines today announced an early booking promotion for its GoWild! Pass™ holders during which pass holders can book an entire summer’s worth of travel in advance using their pass. Through May 8, pass holders can visit FlyFrontier.com to book flights for travel from June 9 through Sept. 30 without the standard advance reservation window of one day prior to departure for domestic travel and 10 days prior to departure for international travel. Friday and Sunday travel is excluded.
Old May 8, 2023, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Will be "interesting" to see what this does to things like award-travel availability (which I'm guessing is higher up the totem pole).

Also a real potential no-show problem, though I s'pose they can try to use that to advantage by making the person forfeit anything they paid and then filling the seat if possible. OTOH, it'd almost have to complicate the overbooking calculations even more.
Old May 10, 2023, 6:35 am

The GoWild! pass appears to be nearly worthless for Chicago-based passengers. Why is MDW-ELP unavailable for travel tomorrow night?

Old May 10, 2023, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Dan Burgess
The GoWild! pass appears to be nearly worthless for Chicago-based passengers. Why is MDW-ELP unavailable for travel tomorrow night?
I am pretty certain that pass travel is capacity controlled (i.e., does not guarantee "last seat availability"), and given the fare quoted for that flight, it does not surprise me that pass travel is unavailable. I quite agree the pass is nearly worthless. The pass travel taxes and fees are about 50-75% of the total fare I typically pay for F9 flights.
Old May 11, 2023, 1:49 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Dan Burgess
I had an airport agent check that one and MDW-LAS, while still for sale, is overselling seats. LAS-ELP is wide open for points, $, or pass.

Frontier won't allow booking oversold flights for 10/20k points either.. So, checking if bookable with points may be a good way to test if GoWild is likely to work.

But don't worry, there will likely be a few midweek days over the next 11 months that MDW-LAS isn't sold out the day before travel.

​​​​
Dan Burgess likes this.
Old May 30, 2023, 9:08 am
Original Poster

announced May 30 the Fall & Winter Pass for $299 Sept 2, 2023 - Feb 29, 2024
Old May 30, 2023, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by artedm
announced May 30 the Fall & Winter Pass for $299 Sept 2, 2023 - Feb 29, 2024
This is actually the best deal at $50/mth since summer is peak travel same price as original

Keep in mind blackout dates
  • Flights are subject to blackout periods:
    • 2023: May 25, 26, 29; June 29, 30; July 1-5, 8, 9; August 31; September 1, 4; October 5, 6, 9; November 18, 22, 24-27; December 16, 17, 22-24, 26-31;
    • 2024: January 1, 15; February 15, 16, 19; March 3, 10, 15-17, 22-24, 29-31; April 5-7, 12-14.

Last edited by FreedomAir; May 30, 2023 at 9:38 am
Old Jun 8, 2023, 11:24 am

Programs: Silver Level: DL, Non-Elite: AS, UA, AA, WN
I've been observing GoWild Pass availability for SFO-LAS-SEA for this week and it's been dismal. As the 24 hour window approaches, the availability that seems to exist for awards gets blocked and GoWIld availability is nonexistent.

What's strange to me is that they're selling the SFO-LAS leg for tonight's 8:44 PM flight at $79 but not making it available for the GoWild pass.

Are they really overselling seats for the flight for $79? Otherwise, it seems there is availability being blocked somehow.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
I can confirm GoWild pass, as implemented, blocks a huge # of flights, even if they have many unsold seats at the 1 day (or 10 day int'l) booking window starts

Sadly this was not disclosed in any real level of detail in the former or current GoWild purchase terms. It is also not explained when you click more info on the unavailable gowild column when searching
​​​​
​​​​
​​​​​​
Old Jul 16, 2023, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Khabibul35
I've been observing GoWild Pass availability...it seems there is availability being blocked somehow.
Originally Posted by expert7700
Sadly this was not disclosed in any real level of detail in the former or current GoWild purchase terms. It is also not explained when you click more info on the unavailable gowild column when searching
IIRC, it seemed clear that the pass did not include last seat availability and was subject to some form of capacity constraints. I bit on the fall/winter pass at $299 thinking if I use it twice on PHX-SAN/SNA it will cost me the same as two one-ways on AA or WN. I was impressed with the current (summer) availability checks I ran from PHX in the last couple of days as well, but time will tell. If I get to CUN or SXM once over the course of the winter, it will have a been a screaming bargain.
jjbiv and GW McLintock like this.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Jul 16, 2023 at 10:37 am Reason: ampl

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.