Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Frontier Cancellation Policy with “The Works”

Old Dec 9, 21, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

One of the perks when buying “The Works” package is free cancellations and refunds when cancelling more than 24hrs before the flight. Do they refund the full amount paid including taxes and fees?

I noticed in the price breakdown that there is a Carrier Interface Charge which specifically states “Non-Refundable”. So if I book online or on the app, will I not get refunded the CIC portion of the ticket or any other part of my ticket if I cancel with “The Works”?

I just status matched to 100K elite and want to book a bunch of flights while they are cheap and want to make sure I will get my entire refund if I cancel one of them.
Old Dec 9, 21, 9:36 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, AA Plat Pro, F9 Elite 100k
The refund is for the entire cost of the ticket, including the CIC.
Old Dec 9, 21, 10:20 pm

How quickly does Frontier process the refund requests?
Old Dec 10, 21, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Reaching View Post
For me, it's been within 24 hours.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Dec 10, 21, 11:01 am

The process is not automatic. You will receive instant value in the form of a credit voucher for future flights upon cancellation.

If you would like it to become a credit card refund you must fill out a refund request through their e-mail contact form. They typically respond to that within 24-48 hours.
Old Dec 10, 21, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Cameron B View Post
The process is not automatic. You will receive instant value in the form of a credit voucher for future flights upon cancellation.

If you would like it to become a credit card refund you must fill out a refund request through their e-mail contact form. They typically respond to that within 24-48 hours.
Is it a two step process? Cancel online to get a voucher, and then request refund?

Or can you request a refund directly through the online form without first cancelling?
Old Dec 10, 21, 5:16 pm

Is it a two step process? Cancel online to get a voucher, and then request refund?

Or can you request a refund directly through the online form without first cancelling?
You can request it via the form without first canceling. Make sure you're clear that you want a credit card refund, not a voucher. However, if it's a last minute cancel/refund, I'd make sure you cancel before the 24 hour.
Old Dec 13, 21, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by alchemista View Post
You can request it via the form without first canceling. Make sure you're clear that you want a credit card refund, not a voucher. However, if it's a last minute cancel/refund, I'd make sure you cancel before the 24 hour.
Thanks!

A tip: Put confirmation number, passenger names, and last 4 digit of the card in the comment field even though the form requests that info in separate fields. I had all info filled out and just wrote "The Works" as the reason for refund.

Got a reply to respond with the following, even though all except names were MANDATORY fields on the refund form, and I filled out passenger name on the optional names field:

- 6-digit alphanumeric confirmation code
- First and last name of customer(s)
- Last 4 digits of the credit card on file
Old Dec 14, 21, 1:24 pm

Thanks!

A tip: Put confirmation number, passenger names, and last 4 digit of the card in the comment field even though the form requests that info in separate fields. I had all info filled out and just wrote "The Works" as the reason for refund.

Got a reply to respond with the following, even though all except names were MANDATORY fields on the refund form, and I filled out passenger name on the optional names field:

- 6-digit alphanumeric confirmation code
- First and last name of customer(s)
- Last 4 digits of the credit card on file
If you cancel the itinerary BEFORE you contact them for refund you won't need to go through all of that unnecessary typing.
Old Dec 14, 21, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

I might need to cancel some tickets bought with the Works bundle in the coming months and just want to clarify since this will be my first time doing this. I cancel it online and get a credit and then fill out the form to turn the credit into a refund? I don't fill out the refund form before cancelling the itinerary?

Also, in the event that I'm fine with a credit, if the itinerary was for multiple people flying together, will the credit be good only for a booking where I am still the main passenger? Can I use the credit to buy multiple tickets on one itinerary for multiple people traveling together with me? I know that the credit can't be split up and must be used on one trip but that I can use multiple credits on one trip and then pay the remainder on a credit card.

Sorry, just getting familiar with Frontier and their little rules as I've been a Southwest person prior to this and knew all their rules already. I feel like with Frontier, I need to tread more carefully as they are pretty strict and will not reconsider after screwing you over because you didn't happen to know one of their unique rules.
Old Dec 15, 21, 3:48 pm

Sorry for the tangent question, but what's the best way for a price adjustment? Cancel with refund back to credit card then rebook?
Old Dec 15, 21, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by alchemista View Post

I called the reservations line and they canceled it for me with a refund. They said it will take up to one week for it to show up.
Old Oct 4, 22, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I've sent a cancellation request 5 days ago for a flight departing tomorrow. To avoid being a no-show, I also tried sending them a twitter message and calling, but no luck.

Hope that the refund goes through without issues. Not my fault if they don't check their inbox.
Old Oct 4, 22, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by delpiero223 View Post
I've sent a cancellation request 5 days ago for a flight departing tomorrow. To avoid being a no-show, I also tried sending them a twitter message and calling, but no luck.

Hope that the refund goes through without issues. Not my fault if they don't check their inbox.
To be safe, you should manually cancel the flight online and then wait for them to respond to the refund request.
delpiero223 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 22, 4:10 am

Programs: UA 1K
To be safe, you should manually cancel the flight online and then wait for them to respond to the refund request.
I thought so too, but according to my last conversation with Frontier a few months ago, changes / cancellations have to be done at least 24h prior to departure. So if I cancel it online now, they might refuse it too.

While this restriction isn't mentioned in their cancellation policy, they referred to the Works Bundle description:
After review, we are not able to honor your request for a refund. We can verify that you purchased a works bundle. However as per Frontier's policy, passengers need to request to cancel there reservation 24 hours prior the departure date and time.
It's only about 38 USD or so, so I'm going to risk it without cancelling in advance. Will let you know how it works out.

Next time, I'm going to cancel it for a credit first (outside the >24h window) and ask them to refund it afterwards. Didn't know that credits are refundable until checking this thread

Last edited by delpiero223; Oct 5, 22 at 4:19 am

Search this Thread