Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Frontier Cancellation Policy with “The Works”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier Cancellation Policy with “The Works”

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL Platinum,WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by delpiero223
I thought so too, but according to my last conversation with Frontier a few months ago, changes / cancellations have to be done at least 24h prior to departure. So if I cancel it online now, they might refuse it too.

While this restriction isn't mentioned in their cancellation policy, they referred to the Works Bundle description:

It's only about 38 USD or so, so I'm going to risk it without cancelling in advance. Will let you know how it works out.

Next time, I'm going to cancel it for a credit first (outside the >24h window) and ask them to refund it afterwards. Didn't know that credits are refundable until checking this thread

One thing I learned from numerous bad experience as 100K elite is that don't count on Frontier at all, even their published information.

Their staffs do not know what happened as well, their IT system is so buggy even the 'Senior customer representative' has no idea why my credit shell is stuck and could only suggest using VPNs......

Even worse, their response to the DOT inquiry is incompetent as usual. And that should be as serious as they could treat a problem.
GVR Bill and delpiero223 like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by Cameron B
If you cancel the itinerary BEFORE you contact them for refund you won't need to go through all of that unnecessary typing.
This is a great tip.
Thank you!
Old Oct 10, 2022, 8:20 am

FYI - in a price drop situation with the WORKS, I went on online chat (had originally planned to call but it was before Mountain time phone queue opening and the voice message directed me to online chat), they were able to cancel/refund to CC straight away (while I waiting to click book having queued up the new reservation/lower price online). Painless, took <5 mins.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by delpiero223
I've sent a cancellation request 5 days ago for a flight departing tomorrow. To avoid being a no-show, I also tried sending them a twitter message and calling, but no luck.

Hope that the refund goes through without issues. Not my fault if they don't check their inbox.
Update in this one: Cancellation was processed 2 days after original flight date. Have received a full refund on my credit card today.
Venezuela-Miami and levilevi like this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 10:13 am

I cancelled a flight the day before (<24 hrs) (as 100k with the works automatically in there), and the email shows as follows. It appears I have a travel credit, but when applied to a new ticket, it says "
Error: Unable to retrieve your travel credit. Please enter a valid Email Address and Confirmation Code or FRONTIER Miles member number.'

Total $-53.98 Payment Date 08-29-2022 Payment Type Credit Shell ***Approved*** PNRPNR

This Travel Credit will expire on

11-26-2022
If you purchased the WORKS, your expiration would be 08-28-2023
CUSTOMER CREDIT: TRAVEL CREDIT

Wasn't aware of the 24 hr from flight policy at the time, but the email shows they did issue a credit shell, so is the automatic email just wrong?
Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by levilevi
FYI - in a price drop situation with the WORKS, I went on online chat (had originally planned to call but it was before Mountain time phone queue opening and the voice message directed me to online chat), they were able to cancel/refund to CC straight away (while I waiting to click book having queued up the new reservation/lower price online). Painless, took <5 mins.
FWIW, this didn't work for me. Chat agent insisted must submit thru request form, so I did.

Also, their chat function is awful. Slow response, no sound for incoming messages, and going to a different F9 page kills the chat.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:52 pm

I cancelled a couple tickets recently that had the works. I filled out the refund form both times and have been waiting 6 or 7 days for the first one and 2 or 3 days for the second one with no response yet (and no refund to credit card yet either). It said I will hear back within 7 days when I submitted the form. It has been a lot quicker in the past.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Is it stated anywhere that The Works has the option to refund back to payment method instead of voucher? Everywhere on F9 website, I just see a vague "refund" with no mention of what that means.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by jaguars25
I cancelled a couple tickets recently that had the works. I filled out the refund form both times and have been waiting 6 or 7 days for the first one and 2 or 3 days for the second one with no response yet (and no refund to credit card yet either). It said I will hear back within 7 days when I submitted the form. It has been a lot quicker in the past.
I cancelled a flight earlier this morning. I noticed the fillable refund page is different now with stipulations on what can and can not be refunded with checkmarks. Most notiably, before I cancelled with the works, it never said 24+ departure time.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:56 pm
Original Member

The Works tickets are no longer refundable within 7 days of departure, not 24 hours. Found out the hard way, but I was able to find a similarly priced flight in the future to use the credit. It's in the fine print for the form requesting a refund.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Tino
The Works tickets are no longer refundable within 7 days of departure, not 24 hours. Found out the hard way, but I was able to find a similarly priced flight in the future to use the credit. It's in the fine print for the form requesting a refund.
I don't think that applies to WORKS tickets. The refund form has the following reasons for refund, and the only stipulation for Works is that the travel has to be at least 24 hours from time of refund request.To request a refund for the unused portion of your ticket, one of the following reasons must apply:

I booked my flight less than 24 hours ago and my travel is more than 7 days (168 hours) from my purchase time (visit MY TRIPS for immediate processing)

I purchased The Works and my travel is more than 24 hours from now
alchemista and levilevi like this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 4:12 pm

I'm Elite 100k, Can I cancel my wife off the ticket separately if I booked it with the works?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.