Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Longhaul menus are supposed to be visible in MMB, but it is often broken. At the time of publishing, this link works.
Collection of current longhaul J menus (finnair.com)
Print Wikipost

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2023, 7:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
AY1964 DXB-HEL

{sorry no pics of dessert or breakfast - Zzzzzzzz]

ffay005, MaxFlyer and Steve_Hun like this.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jan 15, 2023 at 7:53 am
Old Jan 20, 2023, 2:42 pm

Ay131 20.01.2023
Old Feb 13, 2023, 12:59 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Flying 131 soon and was surprised about Dinner being served after takeoff (in midnight). Does anyone have experience of eating the food in the morning/as Lunch?
Old Feb 13, 2023, 4:29 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Flying 131 soon and was surprised about Dinner being served after takeoff (in midnight). Does anyone have experience of eating the food in the morning/as Lunch?
If you ask early enough, nicely enough and discreetly enough, it shouldn't be a problem. (They cannot reheat dishes, so you need to ask before they turn on the ovens.)
Post Scriptum likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 5:18 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
If you ask early enough, nicely enough and discreetly enough, it shouldn't be a problem. (They cannot reheat dishes, so you need to ask before they turn on the ovens.)

They CAN reheat the dishes, but they sure taste like crap when they do first hand experience 😀
intuition likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 6:05 am

Programs: AY Plat

AY16 had the worst catering I've experienced yet (even considering low ex-US quality). The European sh salads are extremely good compared to this extra dry piece of chicken and I'm not gonna even get to the breakfast part.
Luckily I was pretty stuffed already from the new soho lounge (can highly recommend).
Carfield and esledo like this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
They CAN reheat the dishes, but they sure taste like crap when they do first hand experience 😀
For food hygiene reasons, it is not allowed. Which is not to say that it does not happen.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 8:12 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
So likely changes are reasonable if they do plat talk and make the request then. Lets see what happens.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
So likely changes are reasonable if they do plat talk and make the request then. Lets see what happens.
Yes. If the FA serving you the PDB seems friendly and attentive, you could ask then, too. I've tried to be discreet so we don't end up with half the plane making a similar dine-on-demand request, as that would surely overwhelm the crew.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 1:09 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Diamond
I tried the "low fat/low calories" meals on two flights. Mostly good vegetables, root vegetables and fruits with hot and cold chicken and hot white fish. Also had a special sandwich with bell peppers and what not. Couple extra fruit servings were offered too.

I think the amount of flavor was lower than regular meals but I will probably eat these in future as well. Or might try others.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 7:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
AY1964 DXB-HEL

Carfield and ffay005 like this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 1:48 pm

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by lauritus
AY16 had the worst catering I've experienced yet (even considering low ex-US quality). The European sh salads are extremely good compared to this extra dry piece of chicken and I'm not gonna even get to the breakfast part.
Luckily I was pretty stuffed already from the new soho lounge (can highly recommend).
Jeez, are they still doing the cold salad as the only option on JFK-HEL?!
Old Feb 14, 2023, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Jeez, are they still doing the cold salad as the only option on JFK-HEL?!
Yeah, AY16 departs at 22.45 again which means cold first meal onboard. Luckily the new AA/BA lounges are decent for pre-flight dining.
florens likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 11:08 am

Enjoying the new ex-HEL meal on AY145 to BKK at the moment. Starters were the same cheese spread and tiny salmon slices as earlier and okay, but the main course venison was very good. I also liked the lingonberry mousse. Was a bit sceptic about it, but it was sweet enough.
joorinainen and intuition like this.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 11:59 am

Enjoying the new ex-HEL meal on AY145 to BKK at the moment. Starters were the same cheese spread and tiny salmon slices as earlier and okay, but the main course venison was very good. I also liked the lingonberry mousse. Was a bit sceptic about it, but it was sweet enough.
Hopefully you don't starve on the flight as i did when i flew the other way around. Are they still serving candy and inedible greasy sandwiches as a in between meal snacks? Somebody should tell the catering department that these flights take couple of hours longer than before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.