Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Longhaul menus are supposed to be visible in MMB, but it is often broken. At the time of publishing, this link works.
Collection of current longhaul J menus (finnair.com)
Print Wikipost

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2022, 11:40 pm

This is grotesque. No proper breakfast served for 8 am departure ex BKK, then starve for 10 hours (unless you partake of the unappetising sandwich with rudimentary ingredients) and finally dinner? Unacceptable catering... I'd be extremely annoyed if I flew this to Europe.
esledo, Steve_Hun and nomadabroad like this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 11:56 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I agree, for a 13-hour daytime flight it is not acceptable to just have a light meal first.
Steve_Hun and SuloL like this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by Ed Size
WOW, I hated the new flight times, 8:05 is just too early, but not even have a proper meal/breakfast on board is a no go. I mean when and where should one get breakfast before boarding? Leaving the hotel at 5:30/6:00 means no breakfast there, if you are lucky you will have 20min - 30min for a quick bite in one of the lounges. I will bring some cup noodles and ask for boiling water, maybe I bring some spare cups and sell them on board.
Indeed. Whenever I have such early flight, I'd skip the hotel breakfast, thinking that I can eat onboard. And occasionally, things at the airport (eg. long queues, need to process tax refund, etc.) may result in no time to access the lounge prior to boarding. Imagine getting onboard... and the first "meal" is a measly quiche snack?!
esledo likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:03 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Diamond
WOW, I hated the new flight times, 8:05 is just too early, but not even have a proper meal/breakfast on board is a no go. I mean when and where should one get breakfast before boarding? Leaving the hotel at 5:30/6:00 means no breakfast there, if you are lucky you will have 20min - 30min for a quick bite in one of the lounges. I will bring some cup noodles and ask for boiling water, maybe I bring some spare cups and sell them on board.
It's business class, make business!
r2d2, Ed Size, cistavoda and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
This is grotesque. No proper breakfast served for 8 am departure ex BKK, then starve for 10 hours (unless you partake of the unappetising sandwich with rudimentary ingredients) and finally dinner? Unacceptable catering... I'd be extremely annoyed if I flew this to Europe.
Did this route on monday, ate in the Qatar lounge prior to boarding and dodged the breakfast, I can recommend the shakshuka. The sandwiched offered midflight was better than the one pictured above.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by heronb
Did this route on monday, ate in the Qatar lounge prior to boarding and dodged the breakfast, I can recommend the shakshuka. The sandwiched offered midflight was better than the one pictured above.
Did the QR lounge offer something else than eggs in the morning? Aside from (liquid) salads. As far as I remember they don t have buffet style food, only made to order, am I right?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Did the QR lounge offer something else than eggs in the morning? Aside from (liquid) salads. As far as I remember they don t have buffet style food, only made to order, am I right?
The JAL lounge serves chicken / beef curry with rice in the morning when I was there last month, might want to give it a try if the QR lounge offering is not to your liking.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: BA
The menu in the restaurant was limited but there was a buffet selection as well, fruit, yoghurt, smoked salmon, pastries and a hot section but I didn't take much notice to be honest.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
The JAL lounge serves chicken / beef curry with rice in the morning when I was there last month, might want to give it a try if the QR lounge offering is not to your liking.
Can recommend, I love the food in the JAL Lounge. Always used this Lounge instead of miracle
Ed Size likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 7:16 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Food in BKK QR lounge disappointing this morning, just variations of egg, some red beans and rösti

Breakfast on BKK-HEK flight is indeed small
Old Dec 4, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Food in BKK QR lounge disappointing this morning, just variations of egg, some red beans and rösti

Breakfast on BKK-HEK flight is indeed small
All the food on ay is tiny portions, really sucks for those of us with a big appetite 😀 I guess its time to buy a hamburger meal for the plane 🤦‍♂️🤣
Old Dec 4, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
BKK-HEL
Salmon meal not recommended, small portion, bland cream sauce, overcooked fish. Not good.

Breakfast / brunch (right after departure)

Sandwich mid-flight (no photos)

Light meal before landing

Cheese + desert

Last edited by EuroFlash; Dec 4, 2022 at 4:36 am
Old Dec 5, 2022, 10:34 pm

The BKK - HEL situation is really substandard for a 12,5 hours flight, time between meals about 10 hours, as a first meal the quiche and salad, both are good but without some food in the lounge that would be not enough for me to wait the time without starving. I would recommend everybody to bring own snacks since AY is not stocked very well for a full house in J. Crisps been out after two hours of flight, drinks run low after 8 - 9 hours of flight. Either on the way to Bangkok not on the way back I could get one Gin Tonic, since they run out of Gin 3 hours before landing. Same was with champagne on the way back. On the short haul flight I got one Gin & Tonic - but that was the only one they had on board - for a 5 row J cabin with 100% load.

JAL lounge been the trick in the morning, wide selection and very fast service.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 5:05 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
I would recommend everybody to bring own snacks since AY is not stocked very well for a full house in J. Crisps been out after two hours of flight, drinks run low after 8 - 9 hours of flight. Either on the way to Bangkok not on the way back I could get one Gin Tonic, since they run out of Gin 3 hours before landing.
Sounds like Finnair to me, J on a budget except the price is no longer on a budget. At this rate and being based in the UK, who in their right mind will choose AY J to go to Asia when for a couple hundred more you could be flying with QR, MH, SQ, etc. When they have the audacity to charge that much for J these days I do expect them not be cheap as hell on board.

I’ve always found the “one option only” breakfast in J to be laughable especially how much they’re increased their prices these days. Virtually every single airline out there flying 10+ hour flights will offer more than 1 option for breakfast in J.

I ain’t buying the whole “it’s good to know we offer a single option for sustainability” crap.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by nomadabroad
I ain’t buying the whole “it’s good to know we offer a single option for sustainability” crap.
These are35 grams of crisps, in a sustainable packaging

Sustainable crisps
intuition and miamiflyer8 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.