Wiki Posts
Search

LGG's Platinum hunting 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:10 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
So both ARN and PRG crews knew already on the outbound that you'll be joining them on the inbound as well? I wonder if they've got some kind of "suspicious traveller alert system" which alerts them and urges the crew to try to find out what's going on. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.
Or, maybe, they just have a special tag for very frequent AY Flyers who they have actually featured in their own inflight magazine..
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
With AY Platinum on AA you do not only get free beverage, you can choose as well any avlailable snack for free too.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:26 am

Programs: AY+ Silver, IHG Gold Elite
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Btw, this flight is apprx 60% full of Finnish students going to SFO area to visit companies there. I'm young but feel so old here onboard.
What company should I visit????
Happened to be Tampere University Business students (Boomi ry)?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Vesseli
Happened to be Tampere University Business students (Boomi ry)?
I heard words Vaasa and Lappeenranta on board.

They had some touroperator taking care of their trips so I guess students onboard were from all over Finiand.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Now OLCI worked for AY4512, but BP needs to be collected at the desk.

SMS confirmation was available, although I haven't received it...
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
#16 HEL-ARN AY635. A320 OH-LXF.
#17 ARN-HEL AY636. A320 OH-LXF.

Just basic Arlanda turnaround. HEL-ARN Y was 100% full and no seat blocking. ARN-HEL middle seat blocked. Magazines were offered but air hostess turned around when realizing that 18A is same idiot who just boarded aircraft with arms full of July magazines.

Now waiting next events #18 #19 #20 #21 which are sombreros go America.
Curious what you would do if the flight was in an oversold situation and asking for volunteers? Does AY overbook? Seems that this is a shuttle style destination and your doing turns so could manage some extra time in ARN?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Been little a bit busy after a long mass tourism trip but here are my latest:

#20 PHX-SFO AA 433. A320 N649AW.
Aircraft was switched from 321--->320 so our bulkhead seats on row 5 (321) were now just basic seats on row 5 (320). I ordered two beers and my credit card was swiped but I cant see any charge made. Just like SFO-PHX, nothing on my credit card yet.
This flight was almost full, maybe couple seats free. It was new thing to me and nice to see that AA kiosks also act in Finnish. It quite weird to make check-in in Phoenix AZ in language Suomi.
Our route went over near Las Vegas and it was clear skies so McCarran Airport shined well. Flight was on time and arrival gate was 45 so we arrived to DL's area.
Quickly shuttle to our hotel (which was quality of 5 stars, Red Roof Plus ) and then back to SFO and BART to city.

Last edited by OH-LGG; Dec 8, 2016 at 2:25 pm
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

By the way, about that Red Roof Ho(s)tel SFO and our bathroom; I've never seen parquet as a floor material in bathroom but now I've seen it!
In 1990's I wondered in Fort Lauderdale in the house were we stayed for a couple of weeks, there was a fitted carpet in garage.

So back in business or should we say back in Economy because:
#21 is SFO-HEL AY4512. A359 OH-LWF.

So we had a same crew taking us back to Finland. This crew had rest and relax in SFO area just like we passengers had. Same air hostess taking care my row so faces were well known now. Upgrading to 9 free C seats was impossible, Only one lucky FT*er opened his mouth in a right place and received upgrade with 50.000 points.
Depature gate was A4, downstairs. Our departure delayed about 30 mins and we had a lond taxi from gate A4 to holding point runway 28L.
Platinum perks as free wi-fi and free drink were available. And before landing in HEL, again purser came to ask if everything was ok.
Now even the drinks lasted to arrival station, when going to SFO even water was zero.

Last edited by OH-LGG; Dec 8, 2016 at 2:59 pm
Old Dec 8, 2016, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by token385
Curious what you would do if the flight was in an oversold situation and asking for volunteers? Does AY overbook? Seems that this is a shuttle style destination and your doing turns so could manage some extra time in ARN?
Well, I've seen ARN and I've seen Stockholm so many times so I'm not a volunteer in ARN. #needtogetbackhome
Old Dec 10, 2016, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Instead of 475 SEK light/campaign PRG -ticket I just booked it as Value and that was 871 SEK.

It makes 6250 points with under 90€.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:38 am

Programs: AY Silver
Great writeups! Is there a thread on here detailing how you get such cheap flight prices - are these last minute availability offers, the fairly frequent Finnair sales, some special platinum only offers? Thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FossilFlyer
Great writeups! Is there a thread on here detailing how you get such cheap flight prices - are these last minute availability offers, the fairly frequent Finnair sales, some special platinum only offers? Thanks!

They are just normal priced tickets and anyone can buy. Some of my hunt2017 -trips bought via Momondo or Ebookers but mostly from AY's own website.

Most important thing is PRG return with same aircraft. This is not possible on all cheap dates so I took immediately all 450SEK tickets where ARN-HEL is AY650 and next morning HEL-PRG is AY715 and PRG-HEL AY716 with one hour turnaround time.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:59 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by FossilFlyer
It is a great thread... Welcome to the AY Forum!
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: AY Silver
I guess I'm still a novice at this, the lowest return I can find for Prague is consistently €158. Or is this a multi leg trip from ARN, so you are not just getting two independent returns (HEL-ARN-HEL) and (HEL-PRG-HEL)? It's super interesting seeing you do this, but the pricing seems like magic!
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

ARN-HEL-PRG-HEL all same ticket, yes.

The trick here is how to get to ARN. My next 2 positioning flights to ARN are with D8 39€ one-way tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.