Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:03 am

Does anyone knows , is that possible buy finnair value tickets from momondo or somewhere else as finnair own web pages?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: AY+Plat
It is possible with Expedia.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by lento
But not with Expedia.fi
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Some time ago I tried buying value tickets there, but failed, all I could find was basics or pro. I called their customer service and got reply that they don't sell them, actually they told me that if something can't be found on their web pages, there is nothing they can do at their telephone sales either
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
Some time ago I tried buying value tickets there, but failed, all I could find was basics or pro. I called their customer service and got reply that they don't sell them, actually they told me that if something can't be found on their web pages, there is nothing they can do at their telephone sales either
Maybe value was not available for you flight for some reason. I have bought value ticket from them in the past (not very recently though).
Went to check if it has changed and searched for a random date. It gives possibility to buy value along with pro and business.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
Try other local Expedia sites. At a good amount of sites it is possible.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:29 pm

Maybe value was not available for you flight for some reason. I have bought value ticket from them in the past (not very recently though).
Went to check if it has changed and searched for a random date. It gives possibility to buy value along with pro and business.
Try that on Expedia.fi. I assume Timppa_HEL tries that first
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Jainzar
But not with Expedia.fi
Good to know. I have used .com

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Try that on Expedia.fi. I assume Timppa_HEL tries that first
Tried and '.fi' site sucks

Last edited by lento; Sep 17, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
How to use a SH/LH voucher for someone else's flight, and is it actually allowed?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Flying Finnair to HEL from Manchester as OneWorld Emerald - which lounge is available in Manchester?
thanks
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by GLABA
Flying Finnair to HEL from Manchester as OneWorld Emerald - which lounge is available in Manchester?
thanks
MANCHESTER

ASIPIRE LOUNGE
Terminal 1, second floor lounge area.

In the future, you can easily check the lounges on oneworld.com. It's pretty accurate most of the time.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
How to use a SH/LH voucher for someone else's flight, and is it actually allowed?
In theory: the holder of the vouchers logs in to his/her AY+ account, gets to MMB or upgrade tool by inputting the PNR manually.

In practice: the upgrade tool most probably fails and you use the chat function to sort it out.

But yes, it is permitted, at least for relatives.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:10 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Supereasy. You can upgrade anyone anywhere anytime by just calling finnair service and request. Of course you need to tell them the PNR and name of traveller and ask to use your own points or voucher.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by FFlash
Supereasy. You can upgrade anyone anywhere anytime by just calling finnair service and request. Of course you need to tell them the PNR and name of traveller and ask to use your own points or voucher.
I’ve always managed to do it online.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I have upgraded a flight with points. A friend of mine has vouchers that will expire. Can we do a switch where I get my points back and he applies his voucher towards my already confirmed upgrade? Has anyone ever done this?

I know such a switch is possible when it involves my points and my vouchers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.