Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair User Experience sessions stuff [separated from Meeting with AY+ Loyalty]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: haa
=+=+=+=+=+= Members who announced interest in UX session +=+=+=+=+=+

skba1
OH-LGG
FFlash
Purjelentaja
ffay005
Cistavoda
Aviating
heatsink
theBro
intuition
lauriii
Jainzar
UpperDeck87K
NoWindowSeat
haa
Print Wikipost

Finnair User Experience sessions stuff [separated from Meeting with AY+ Loyalty]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by intuition
Nope, didn't help me. Error 3002, close browser and try again
Strange, it works every time for me (just tried it and it worked now, too).

- I have a booking open. Either just check it or do whatever modification I want to do on it
- When I want to move on to the next one, I click my name in the upper right corner and then select "Points statement"
- When the page finished loading, I can click on my name again and this time select "View all my bookings"
- On the new page I can select the next booking and it works

Am pretty sure that you did the same, but just wanted to be 100% clear on the steps I follow not to crash my session.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:04 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Tested a second time and 404 error. Tested a third time and I could access 2 different booking using this method. It might be that I failed to wait for all scripts to finish - there is no visible cue to when it is OK to click on a interface element and it is frustrating to just wait 5 seconds extra even though interface looks good to go.

I did a screen capture of the process (can't post because I didn't edit out personal data) but there is about 8 seconds between clicks.

So I assume your method works! Just needs to be patient will all the third party crapware they insist on using.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)

So I assume your method works! Just needs to be patient will all the third party crapware they insist on using.
^^^
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat, AA EXP, SPG platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
This is about an issue we raised yesterday. I will leave all other issues with UX out of this, as I feel the need to immediately highlight this specific problem as clearly as possible. The problem has existed for a long time but has gotten worse with the new UX. And with the airline business getting more and more complex, with more airline-to-airline co-operations, this problem will only get worse with time.

Option two is shown as a AY/CX combo and indeed that is true. However, it books into an economy seat. This information is hidden and the loyal member needs to be really savvy to notice it before buying. N.B! that this economy-ticket has the exact same price as the true business class ticket!
If my respons to option 1 was "no deal", this one gets a "h*ll no deal".

Thanks, Intuition, for spear-heading the debugging effort for Finnair's booking website. I was one of those passengers who unwittingly booked a Finnair ticket online with a Y-fare embedded in what appeared to be an all-business class itinerary with business-class fares. I wished I came across your posting before I booked the ticket.

Luckily, in my case, the Y-fare was on the shorter LHR-HEL segment operated by code-share partner BA and not in either of the two long-haul segments. But it nonetheless left a bad taste as the fare paid was full-business while the service and the miles accrued were economy. If I had known this was a possibility with the website, I would have examined it much more closely and would have chosen one of the two other schedules--which were indeed all-business. Finnair needs to correct the problem with its website ASAP.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Now seat selection in MMB has some problems. I have been trying to change my seat on several flights, none of which has succeeded. If I have been able to get back to MMB page from seat selection, pressing confirmation button has ended in error message, or more usually I have ended up in endless wait with message window stating "You are opening file Override.action". No, I am nor opening any d**n file, but trying to change my seat! I have more and more ended up in opinion that whole Finnair user interface and their web pages as a whole should be send orbiting the globe high enough, with one way ticket!
Attached Images  
Old Aug 5, 2016, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Some hair tearing today

- simplish booking EU-HEL-JPN-EU - ITA matrix shows and prices the routing, AY just comes back with "no availability found" Of course ebookers have no problem at all finding the availability and booking it. If AY wants to pay commissions, they are welcome. I'm getting better (two-fold) cashback booking via TCB & ebookers than directly on AY, so I'm quite OK with it.

- AY show these flights on MMB. Clicking on "email a receipt" results in "no such reservation found" The app cannot find it either. OTOH everywhere else it's there - even on the Qatar site. I have a 105- ticketnumber, so it's even ticketed. Go figure.

- Separate scenario - landing on the AY German page via a link, changing the language to English results in 404. Clicking "home" on the 404 page results in the crashing of the whole site, "restart your browser"

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Aug 5, 2016 at 6:13 am
Old Aug 5, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
If AY wants to pay commissions, they are welcome.
What comissions?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
What comissions?
I know that the traditional commissions are a thing of the past, but I suppose they pay something to their agents - how else they would pay cashback & loyalty schemes? (think TCB + Ebookers rewards: between themselves they return 3-4% of a ticket's price)
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
Now seat selection in MMB has some problems. I have been trying to change my seat on several flights, none of which has succeeded. If I have been able to get back to MMB page from seat selection, pressing confirmation button has ended in error message, or more usually I have ended up in endless wait with message window stating "You are opening file Override.action". No, I am nor opening any d**n file, but trying to change my seat! I have more and more ended up in opinion that whole Finnair user interface and their web pages as a whole should be send orbiting the globe high enough, with one way ticket!
I'm experiencing the problem described above using Firefox and Apple. First, I booked an exit row seat with €€ for a non-status pax. Worked okay and got EMD receipt.

Then I accessed the same booking to book a regular seat for this non-status pax on an award (X) ticket. It shows no prices or points so I assume seat booking is free of charge? Anyway, it gives the same result as for Purjelentaja.

(The first thing I did was to try and book those two seats at the same time, which landed me on the payment page but then crashed. Obviously the system cannot handle one seat that you need to pay for and another that's free at the same time...)

Was there ever any solution found to get around this open Override.action file problem?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Yeah, that problem still exits.

At this point, one can't help but wonder how their web development department is happy to let bugs like this stay in production for almost a month.

But let me tell you something about the company I work for. We collect extensive statistics about support issues, and if the volume of calls goes up, you'd better believe the responsible department is going to have to explain themselves.

I wonder how much a call to the Platinum support line costs Finnair? It would be a shame if a lot of people suddenly decided to start using them to select seats...
Old Aug 11, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
I'm experiencing the problem described above using Firefox and Apple.
Was there ever any solution found to get around this open Override.action file problem?
The same problem came up with other browsers as well.

Yep, found a very good solution to the problem. I mailed platinum line and in an hour got a friendly reply and it had been taken care of. Obviously it was a known problem, as I learned also that I wasn't the first reporting of it and that it was already been looked at.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
The same problem came up with other browsers as well.

Yep, found a very good solution to the problem. I mailed platinum line and in an hour got a friendly reply and it had been taken care of. Obviously it was a known problem, as I learned also that I wasn't the first reporting of it and that it was already been looked at.
+1

Burning off my 2 remaining European upgrades and could not change my seats online. Sent an email and all set right now.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Seems to concern only seat selection. I picked meals for another booking through MMB, and that worked out ok.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:17 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
This crowd may be interested in benchmarking with the new SK site, which can be accessed here
https://beta.flysas.com/en/#/booking

Some similarities with huge elements, wasted space and hiding of important information. But also some things that are better done.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, TK M&S Elite
I noticed that Finnair is selling some J seats in bargain from Australia but apparently the prices shown on that list are Y prices and the actual J prices are shown after you click the link. At least they got my attention very quickly! Have to admit that this is a very good marketing strategy
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.