Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair User Experience sessions stuff [separated from Meeting with AY+ Loyalty]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: haa
=+=+=+=+=+= Members who announced interest in UX session +=+=+=+=+=+

skba1
OH-LGG
FFlash
Purjelentaja
ffay005
Cistavoda
Aviating
heatsink
theBro
intuition
lauriii
Jainzar
UpperDeck87K
NoWindowSeat
haa
Print Wikipost

Finnair User Experience sessions stuff [separated from Meeting with AY+ Loyalty]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:05 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Not really expecting this thread to "be alive" anymore, just posting somewhere trying to keep my sanity. Yet another script has been added to the site, this is in MMB. If you do not allow tracking from suspicious third party sites, it will go bananas and flood your screen with modal dialogue boxes.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Same problem on Chromium.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:28 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yet another script added to the site, this time a overzealous bot check. I started to use Opera since the site actually works better in that than in the versions of Firefox and Safari that is available to me.
But they effectively block Opera now, since the botcheck stops every new session on Opera, and you need to solve a "fun" capthca, where you must turn a dog around on its feet and you get points for how fast you can do it. So gamification has now reached the development department too... Stealing 10 seconds away from your life every time you enter the site.

So with this blocking of opera browser, it seems they are intent on forcing out users who aren't able to use latest versions.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Search engine has been enhanced: If you type for example SIN the first coming result is HelSINki, or if you write DUS the first result is DUShanbe International in Tajikistan. Pretty annoying.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Oh my f***** God! Don't these coders ever fly? Ever book tickets?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by ffay005
Oh my f***** God! Don't these coders ever fly? Ever book tickets?
Now it's fixed again. ^
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Yet another script added to the site, this time a overzealous bot check. I started to use Opera since the site actually works better in that than in the versions of Firefox and Safari that is available to me.
But they effectively block Opera now, since the botcheck stops every new session on Opera, and you need to solve a "fun" capthca, where you must turn a dog around on its feet and you get points for how fast you can do it. So gamification has now reached the development department too... Stealing 10 seconds away from your life every time you enter the site.

So with this blocking of opera browser, it seems they are intent on forcing out users who aren't able to use latest versions.
This seems to be new feature all over the internet. Also CX and LH websites request it for chrome and IE from certain places.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:11 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Links to "Manage my booking" from my AY+ account has stopped working. Looking at the URL, it seems they are no longe able to pull my name correctly from my profile as the parameter is left void....

Code:
https://www.finnair.com/SE/SE/deeplink/managebooking?PREFILLED_INPUT=LAST_NAME=|BOOKING_REF=XXXXX
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:30 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

For two days in a row, the entire finnair.com site has been down a short while during the afternoon. Yesterday the site including booking went down, it seemed to me just for a short while though. Webservers were still responsive, and showing a link where to do online check-in.
Today, not only the entire site but also the entire domain was down (ie there was nothing responding to http calls). After some 10 minutes the domain fallback was restored (displaying finnair.com temporarily out of order) and then complete site was back some additional 10 minutes later.

Has anyone heard anything what might be going on?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by intuition
Has anyone heard anything what might be going on?
Unfortunately it looks like Business As Usual for AY web pages
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:21 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Well, some papers have reported BA has had issues with web checkin, I am starting to lean towards some kind of attacks. Site going down two days in a row seems a bit odd if it just was an upgrade going wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.