Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair User Experience sessions stuff [separated from Meeting with AY+ Loyalty]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: haa
=+=+=+=+=+= Members who announced interest in UX session +=+=+=+=+=+

skba1
OH-LGG
FFlash
Purjelentaja
ffay005
Cistavoda
Aviating
heatsink
theBro
intuition
lauriii
Jainzar
UpperDeck87K
NoWindowSeat
haa
Print Wikipost

Finnair User Experience sessions stuff [separated from Meeting with AY+ Loyalty]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by heatsink
I needed to upgrade a booking for two people today. Here's a list of everything that managed to annoy and confuse us:

• If you try to upgrade both people at the same time, the website will only let you use one person's points. Due to this, we had to do it separately.
You can ask CS to do it but if they have their upgrade promotion you will have to pay the regular upgrade price since "you didn't upgrade via the web or app".
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by Jainzar
You can ask CS to do it but if they have their upgrade promotion you will have to pay the regular upgrade price since "you didn't upgrade via the web or app".
I once got upgrades through CS on reduced points because the web page was (once again) not working at that moment. Not sure but maybe in this case you'd get the discount through CS because the use case is not supported by the web pages.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Hartsa
I once got upgrades through CS on reduced points because the web page was (once again) not working at that moment. Not sure but maybe in this case you'd get the discount through CS because the use case is not supported by the web pages.
I didn't get anywhere with that reasoning. I just got a "you used CS so no discount no matter what" answer.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:30 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Yesterday I got my "2 weeks reminder" e-mail for my upcoming flight to BUD. The e-mail says that the flight is operated by Norra, which I was really unhappy about, cause when booking, I selected a flight, operated by A320 and pre-reserved exit row seats. Was worried that as the seat according to the e-mail was still the same (number wise), I'm probably not anymore in the exit row.

When checking MMB, there I still see A320 and I'm still in the exit row. So either Norra got some A320s (doubt it), or the e-mail is a sign of things to come (hope not), or the e-mail is just simply wrong... (most likely the case)

Not a big deal, but lately had a few cases with last minute equipment swaps, where I lost my exit row seats. And given that I'm a tall lad, it does matter to me. #FirstWorldProblems
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:32 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I believe al ot of people watching this thread might enjoy this article and accompanying video presentation:
http://arstechnica.co.uk/security/20...what-are-they/

It is about "dark patterns", ie design patterns used deliberately with the purpose of tricking the user. And it does not only concern the real shady guys on the net but also some of our well known/hated
Some dark patterns obviously has become established as a natural way to extract more revenue from customers acting in good faith.

One of the examples on how to use design to hide information making users chose more expensive options is ba.com, for a site that is very similar to AY's new "spacious" design...
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:33 am

I remember FR and their tiny "I don't need that" check boxes. A friend was over and cussing all the time during OLCI that he has to pay for everything. When I showed him that he can opt-out he stopped complaining although he was still quite annoyed.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Yesterday I got my "2 weeks reminder" e-mail for my upcoming flight to BUD. The e-mail says that the flight is operated by Norra, which I was really unhappy about, cause when booking, I selected a flight, operated by A320 and pre-reserved exit row seats. Was worried that as the seat according to the e-mail was still the same (number wise), I'm probably not anymore in the exit row.

When checking MMB, there I still see A320 and I'm still in the exit row. So either Norra got some A320s (doubt it), or the e-mail is a sign of things to come (hope not), or the e-mail is just simply wrong... (most likely the case)

Not a big deal, but lately had a few cases with last minute equipment swaps, where I lost my exit row seats. And given that I'm a tall lad, it does matter to me. #FirstWorldProblems
AFAIK if it's A32x then it's AY. Sunday it was an A319 from BUD
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
AFAIK if it's A32x then it's AY. Sunday it was an A319 from BUD
Yeah, that is my understanding, too. It is only the e-mail content that scared me a bit, as it doesn't show the aircraft type, but said that my flight is operated by Norra. But my final conclusion was that the e-mail was just plain wrong
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:44 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Finnair website has a new bug. Now I’m not able to change my seat anymore. When I select a seat and confirm the site gives an override action error and gets jammed. This has been the case at least for two days now. I’m using iOS and OS X. Really annoying since this requires contacting customer care. Anyone else having the same trouble?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 3:01 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes, similar problems in june as well. At that time I had it in connection with the "all seats unavailable" issue and the "moved from seat 3A to 5C failed and now both seats are marked as unavailable" issue.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 3:22 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Yes, same for me. It actually downloads a file called Override action to my computer when confirming selected seats and just loops after that, using Chrome.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 4:53 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Furry
Yes, same for me. It actually downloads a file called Override action to my computer when confirming selected seats and just loops after that, using Chrome.

Same for me, tried with Firefox, Internet Explorer and Windows Phone. Sent message to Finnair.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: AY Platinum
I first noticed this a week ago.

The website is becoming unforgivably buggy. And I don't necessarily mean this from a customer's perspective, but from the perspective of whatever manager is paying for development.

Like for example, how hard could it be to add a scripted delay to the functions that fail if you click too soon? My employer would have that workaround in production within days.

And we also avoid updating servers in July in the first place...

Last edited by heatsink; Aug 4, 2016 at 5:44 am
Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:20 am

One of the most hated bugs on AY's site for me is that if you have multiple reservation (who doesn't on this site ) and you want to check one of them, but you already have another one open, the website crashes... Before moving on to the next booking I have to open up the points balance page and then it works.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:27 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

[QUOTE=Steve_Hun;27013762...Before moving on to the next booking I have to open up the points balance page and then it works. [/QUOTE]
Oh, you found a work-around! I must try, because I too relly hate this bug. (But usually once I've clicked in on a reservation every part of the logged in site fails, even points balance and such.)

-- Added
Nope, didn't help me. Error 3002, close browser and try again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.