Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair User Experience sessions stuff [separated from Meeting with AY+ Loyalty]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: haa
=+=+=+=+=+= Members who announced interest in UX session +=+=+=+=+=+

skba1
OH-LGG
FFlash
Purjelentaja
ffay005
Cistavoda
Aviating
heatsink
theBro
intuition
lauriii
Jainzar
UpperDeck87K
NoWindowSeat
haa
Print Wikipost

Finnair User Experience sessions stuff [separated from Meeting with AY+ Loyalty]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by intuition
Even the site now says
Great that they've acknowledged it, but in the year 2017 we shouldn't have this kind of tech issue for almost a week
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Return date of one way missing

What should I say? Bravo, AY IT did it again!
Attached Images  
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:05 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Anyone interested about interview about new beta version finnair.com in Helsinki 28MAR17 (evening) and did not receive an invitation via e-mail, PM me your e-mail.
So did anyone manage to get there? I also received the invitation by email, applied but never heard of Finnair after that.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
So did anyone manage to get there? I also received the invitation by email, applied but never heard of Finnair after that.
Yes, I was there. And after me one of us FT'rs walked in.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:24 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
How was it?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
What should I say? Bravo, AY IT did it again!
You just have to click return and then one way again so it updates... Intuitive, isn't it.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by lkrt
You just have to click return and then one way again so it updates... Intuitive, isn't it.
I figured that out, in the end. "If you want to book a one-way flight, click return flight first" - how's that for user experience?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Yes, I was there. And after me one of us FT'rs walked in.
And another one after me. Felt like a déjà vu of AY4511

The beta version is available at beta.finnair.com and you can actually already use it to book tickets. Haven't made any bookings yet, though, only played around with it.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
And another one after me. Felt like a déjà vu of AY4511

The beta version is available at beta.finnair.com and you can actually already use it to book tickets. Haven't made any bookings yet, though, only played around with it.

There is also feedback button in the beta to give direct feedback to the software development team. I think it would be beneficial if everyone trying it gave feedback and development ideas to them regardless if one was attending those sessions ot not. Got quite a positive feeling of that session, as it felt like they really are trying to make good and working site out of it. Really hope they succeed!
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
How was it?

It was nice 1hr discussion about what I use and what I need from AY's booking site. Mostly it was about multi-city details and problems.

And now I know couple of things more rules behind building the booking engine and logic inside.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
And now I know couple of things more rules behind building the booking engine and logic inside.
Any useful hints you can share?
Old May 4, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Finally an actual improvement (by bringing BACK a feature that was there in the past)!

Have just checked my points balance and lo and behold, flights are posted again with flight numbers, marketing carrier and booking class / ticket type!
Old May 4, 2017, 3:28 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
They must have done more things behind the scene, as my "validation failed" flights suddenly earned points, only a few hours after retry of validation.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:41 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Found a new bug

When changing the date of your flight from MMB, and the outbound is already flown, you naturally can only chose the return when searching for available flights. This works fine, as there are one date picker for outbound (disabled) and one date picker for home-bound.
You must search one specific date at the time and if that turns up too expensive, you can normally select to "Change dates" in the result page and redo the search (without re-entering everything)
However, this date-picker is combined and sets a date for the outbound (already flown) and then the site crashes.
So for every re-try of date one has to go back one step and confirm to only search for homebound.

The winning trick is to search for a date that has NO availability, because then and only then does the site display the week-matrix showing what dates in a week has seats.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:03 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Oh, found another one!!
If you have an upgraded ticket, and select a date from the week-matrix, it will allow you to change your ticket into a real J ticket! (from the normal one-date search you'll only get the different econ ticket types)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.