Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Had a flight booked from KUO via HEL to AMS with an overnight layover in HEL of about 12 hours. Called Gold CS line to prevent a 'walk of shame' at the lounge and asked if me and my travel partner could make use of the lounge upon arrival in Helsinki for a small refreshment and snack. Got put on hold, and once the agent came back he told me it would be no problem at all. I could use the lounge upon arriving in HEL and then the next morning before my flight to AMS. He guaranteed me it would all be OK as it's part of one booking, I'd be in transit and I do have right to lounge access.

So on 30th Dec I happily walked to the lounge however...... two ladies at the entrance turned me away saying I could not make use of the lounge. Reason was that my flight would fly the next day, I could return the next morning to make use of the facilities. I told them CS told me otherwise but they said: ''then they must have given you false information''.

bad bad bad.

Anyway, I sent them a complaint and got quite a generic answer + explaination that lounge can only be accessed 3 hours before flight) + a 50 euro Finnair voucher. I'm OK with it, but still disappointed in CS providing false information. It is for a reason I call them to double-check these kind of things, because I am not sure. How to know how to trust them now if I have any similar questions, if they can ''change'' the rules anyhow.

Last edited by EuroFlash; Jan 2, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
explaination that lounge can only be accessed 3 hours before flight) + a 50 euro Finnair voucher. I'm OK with it, but still disappointed in CS providing false information.
And again, they give wrong information. The 3-hour limit only applies to purchased lounge access, not access that comes as a tier benefit. I guess the only real limit is that the flight is on the same day (unless it's something like before 1am the next day).
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by lkrt
And again, they give wrong information. The 3-hour limit only applies to purchased lounge access, not access that comes as a tier benefit. I guess the only real limit is that the flight is on the same day (unless it's something like before 1am the next day).
Oh damn are you serious? That's really bad. Below you can find their response to my feedback (lots of grammatical errors there btw, lol):

Dear ***

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your flights from Kuopio to Amsterdam.

I apologize that you have received incorrect information about lounge policies from our Gold members customer care.

You can entry to lounge maximum three hours before the scheduled flight.

As an apologize we will send you a 50 euro gift voucher in a separate e-mail. I hope you enjoy it. The gift voucher is not personal, meaning that you can give it to someone else or use it to pay for several passengers' flights. The gift voucher is valid for one year and the actual flight date may be within one year from the booking date.

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. Your feedback is important for us and we have forwarded it to the relevant service manager concerned.

I hope your upcoming flights with Finnair will go smoothly in every way.

Wishing you a nice day and happy new year!

Sincerely,

Finnair Customer Relations

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jan 2, 2019 at 10:49 pm Reason: Remove employee name per privacy policy
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Really sad. The gift card is a nice gesture, but this is not how CC should operate.

I don't know what the rules say, but for me, logic says that with a flight in the morning, you don't have access the previous evening. In cases like these, an email would probably have been a good idea instead of a phone call. You could have shown the reply from your laptop. The lounge dragons probably wouldn't have budged, but at least you wouldn't have looked like a fool with a "but CC said so" explanation (which they probably get all the time anyway, from people who just make it up to gain entry).
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
I think it's quite usual to deny departure lounge access if the departure is on the next airport day. CS clueless as usual, but at least offered a gesture to right their mistake.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Oh damn are you serious? That's really bad. Below you can find their response to my feedback (lots of grammatical errors there btw, lol):
U got a gift voucher 50€ for that? You should be very happy with that resolution, to be honest. It is self-evident that a lounge cannot be enjoyed on a previous day, this is universal. And also clear for Finnair. I have also "tried this" the same way you did, just last year, only to "try" but was obviously denied and I just "walked the shame" in full knowledge that it was a stupid try. It is very surprising that you succeeded in getting such false information over the phone at Finnair, they must have misunderstood somehow your purpose.

Let it pass and enjoy your voucher
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
U got a gift voucher 50€ for that? You should be very happy with that resolution, to be honest. It is self-evident that a lounge cannot be enjoyed on a previous day, this is universal. And also clear for Finnair. I have also "tried this" the same way you did, just last year, only to "try" but was obviously denied and I just "walked the shame" in full knowledge that it was a stupid try. It is very surprising that you succeeded in getting such false information over the phone at Finnair, they must have misunderstood somehow your purpose.

Let it pass and enjoy your voucher
Absolutely, I am certainly happy with the €50. But it's not self-evident that a lounge cannot be enjoyed on a previous ''airport day''. I am a frequent traveller but only recently gotten access to lounges, the rules are nowhere to be found online and I had absolutely no clue. That is why I wanted to check this upfront. It's is very very bad that when a customer who has genuinely no clue checks something with CS, that false information is given. And apparently after complaining again false information if being given in their response.
esledo and Rifter like this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by joakgarp
On my way yesterday to Vienna from HEL I was told by stewardess to remove my earphones during landing and take off. Flight was AY but operated by Getjet.
For what reason? My earphones helps my ears to adjust to the ground air so I can hear properly after landing. I have never been told this from any Finnair flight and I fly to Asia and Helsinki frequently from Gothenburg. Is this a German/Austrian thing? I have been told the same several years ago by a stewardess from Airberlin.

Wanted to ask why but they seemed to be stressed out so thought I would obey and do what i was told. Their plane their rules right.
Received my response now from my feedback to Finnair about above. They explained that GetJet has forbidden the use of earphones during take off and landing. This is due to GetJet is a Lithuanian airline and must follow Lithuanian laws which Finnair admits are a bit stricter than the laws from European Aviation Safety Agency.

Must say Finnair replied very fast to my feedback and I'm happy how they responded and explained. This won't change my addiction to Finnair however but good to know next time I'll fly with GetJet. Flew back from Vienna to Helsinki with Wideroe but was sitting like a cat waiting for the stewardess to tell me to take off my earphones haha. Wideroe is a danish airline so they didn't care The leg space in Wideroes aircrafts was awful though.

Last edited by joakgarp; Jan 4, 2019 at 8:07 am
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
in DXB airport i was asked to pay for HEL-TLL seats, not extra legroom or anything either. it had even let us check in before without a problem. Finally got it solved so that one seat was changed. wasted 15 min on that, will ask in HEL, what happened?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: QR Gold AY Plat
Originally Posted by Richey66
in DXB airport i was asked to pay for HEL-TLL seats, not extra legroom or anything either. it had even let us check in before without a problem. Finally got it solved so that one seat was changed. wasted 15 min on that, will ask in HEL, what happened?
Did you change your loyalty card number in the reservation at any point of time?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Wideroe is a danish airline so they didn't care The leg space in Wideroes aircrafts was awful though.
Norwegian, mind you.
joakgarp likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Last Friday's AY1341 HEL-LHR was absolute shambles, mainly due to the crew who seemed to either not give a flying Finn about anything or were just completely unorganized. At least got the Lumo BMW ride to the plane (yeah, the inbound came from MXP so it was busaroo once again...) with my favourite driver, but that's about where anything good ended. Instead of getting some kind of a friendlyish greeting the purser and another FA looked shocked when they saw me and the purser actually said to me "So you got here with your own ride?". No welcomes, nothing like that. I was already in a rather dire mood after spending a couple of hours in the ghetto J lounge (went to @home but it was mobbed by Aeroflot and BA J pax so decided to bail out) so this wasn't a good start.

Oh well, once airborne it didn't get any better - granted there were around 11 rows of J which was mostly full so they did have a lot to do - so they decided to cut corners. No pre-dinner drinks, everything bundled at one, no status-based meal choices (luckily sitting in 2A I did get my choice - wouldn't have touched the pork option with a big stick), trays and dishes collected at a totally random order, no coffee or tea offered etc. Hell managed to get only two drinks on this flight which must've been record low for me.

The light at the end of the tunnel was a super smooth LHR transfer to T5 - exactly 30 minutes after leaving the plane in T3 I was sitting on the Galleries First balcony with a glass of champers in my hand. Can't really get better than that!
vulle likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Instead of getting some kind of a friendlyish greeting the purser and another FA looked shocked when they saw me and the purser actually said to me "So you got here with your own ride?".
How dare you?! Be happy they didn't call police to offload you for breaching some security protocols by coming in your own BMW...
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold
When flying from HEL to NRT on a codeshare on JAL (It was cheaper, and wanted to try JAL Business Class), I was turned down at the lounge. Even though I bought the ticket on Finnair as a Finnair (codeshare) flight. The people at the lounge didn't care that I was Finnait Plat. They gave me a 40€ voucher instead. I was really annoyed by this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by MagmaH
When flying from HEL to NRT on a codeshare on JAL (It was cheaper, and wanted to try JAL Business Class), I was turned down at the lounge. Even though I bought the ticket on Finnair as a Finnair (codeshare) flight. The people at the lounge didn't care that I was Finnait Plat. They gave me a 40€ voucher instead. I was really annoyed by this.
You got a good deal, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.