Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:46 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by r2d2
Well, let's say that Finnair gives it sometimes.
I have a yellow car and on beautiful days love to pull the top down and floor the pedal. In 20 years I've only gotten 2 speeding ticket. This is why I am sure the police offers a yellow-car-free-out-of-jail perk!

Originally Posted by on22cz

Few weeks ago, I was also criticising AY about this. Someone pointed out that if the neighbor seat is free at OLCI opening time, then it works well status-based. I tried and observed many times and have to say that this has improved from the situation months ago - nowadays if the seat next to me is free when OLCI opens (and mainly if it is just 1 seat), then it remains unoccupied till the very last possible moment. 2 seats are different case as couples will not be forced to split just for someone's comfort. I want to believe AY has really improved in time.
Now I expect a period of bad luck to prove me wrong and change my opinion again
I think you are right and so should stay positive!
There are many parameters in that system and surely they are still tweaking. I think there has been several post about how block stays after OLCI started.
For thos who don't have a seat free next to them at OLCI they need to move to another seat for this to work. That means giving up your exit row.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
I have a yellow car and on beautiful days love to pull the top down and floor the pedal. In 20 years I've only gotten 2 speeding ticket. This is why I am sure the police offers a yellow-car-free-out-of-jail perk!
The difference of the seat block to your example is that you can actually see that the seat next to you is blocked and it's not just a coincidence that it happens to remain empty.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Waited 45 minutes for champagne (first drinks run) recently on LHR-HEL (A350). First world problem I know. Had the whole mini cabin to ourselves though so great flight!
Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by ylefin
This is really not Finnairs fault but part of the journey, anyway. Baggage handling in Manchester was so slow (45 min, no rush hour) that I missed all good connections to Liverpool and arrived almost 2 hours later than planned. Flight was on-time. Compensation? Finnairs fault in fact partly because they should know that MAN has baggage problems and did not inform passengers
I just want to follow up this incident in August that I received a very nice personal mail from Finnair and a 50 euro voucher compensation . Very well done, and did not complain until now because of another complait with a nice answer too
ffay005 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: QR Gold AY Plat
Originally Posted by ylefin
I just want to follow up this incident in August that I received a very nice personal mail from Finnair and a 50 euro voucher compensation . Very well done, and did not complain until now because of another complait with a nice answer too
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-45599292

Baggage handling in MAN may be slow, but exciting to watch.
ylefin likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Thanks for the response regarding Getjet and earphones during take off and landing. Decided to sent in a feedback to Finnair to know what their rules are if Getjet can have their own rules for AY flights. Let's see how it goes...
​​​​​​
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Thanks for the response regarding Getjet and earphones during take off and landing. Decided to sent in a feedback to Finnair to know what their rules are if Getjet can have their own rules for AY flights. Let's see how it goes...
​​​​​​
These GetJet flights are full wetleases and operated under GetJet AOC, SOP's and other rules and AY has no authority over their instructions and procedures regarding potential "no-ear/headphones" policy.
A first world problem, properly speaking.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by ff_flyer
These GetJet flights are full wetleases and operated under GetJet AOC, SOP's and other rules and AY has no authority over their instructions and procedures regarding potential "no-ear/headphones" policy.
One thing I also noticed, the Finnair cabin crew are wearing GetJet ID badges.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by ff_flyer
As they were flying under the AY brand I'd hope they follow AY's rules and relegations considering they have the same exact security instructions.
Oh well

​​​​​​
​​​​​​
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by joakgarp
As they were flying under the AY brand I'd hope they follow AY's rules and relegations considering they have the same exact security instructions.
Oh well

​​​​​​
Clearly that's not the case. The no headphones policy is communicated during the safety demo. Why would Finnair come up with a different policy for the GetJet operated plane. Finnair puts the cabin crew in the plane to work under the Latvian cockpit crew and their company policies and regulations. Catering comes from Finnair.

Last edited by flymetoHEL; Dec 31, 2018 at 5:29 am
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by flymetoHEL
Clearly that's not the case. The no headphones policy is communicated during the safety demo. Why would Finnair come up with a different policy for the GetJet operated plane. Finnair puts the cabin crew in the plane to work under the Latvian cockpit crew and their company policies and regulations. Catering comes from Finnair.
Yes, equivalent to codeshares operated by other airlines, operating carrier always has the final word in these issues.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:36 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Anyone come across this...from my last long haul flight I got 19.735 points, not the usual 20k with tier bonus. Has something quietly changed or...? The online calculator still shows 16.000 + tier 10/15/25%.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Anyone come across this...from my last long haul flight I got 19.735 points, not the usual 20k with tier bonus. Has something quietly changed or...? The online calculator still shows 16.000 + tier 10/15/25%.
I've only gotten odd miles when flying on other OW carriers. Is your ticket, flight number, etc all showing AY?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:59 am
R2

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
I got a similar odd points credit about a month ago for C-class CDG-HEL, 4785 points. CS corrected but only after they'd checked with the 'department' in charge of it
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
If memory serves me right, CDG used to be 1913 points. Take that times 2.5 and you'll get roughly 4785, so you got km-based points instead of zone-based. Try flying to DXB in J and hope for the best!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.