Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
It's not people, it's companies paying that kind of prices.
Government mostly Id say, not that much companies.
LoungeEnthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Government mostly Id say, not that much companies.
So people again, in the end, by paying taxes.
FFlash likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by florens

So people again, in the end, by paying taxes.
Im allergic to finnish tax
cistavoda likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by niksal
I know, I needed the flight, I needed to pay. I wonder why Brussels Airlines doesn’t fly to Helsinki.
SN ran a Big advertising campaign way back at HEL, when they still shared codes with AY... just before they got acquired by LH Group. Then they starting code sharing with KF, and ahem...

SN has services for Eurocrats and lobbyists to/from BMA, but that's Star Alliance land. HEL is probably a bit challenging.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by niksal
Booked HEL-BRU-HEL for Nov 28th. Just short of 1000€ in Value. That is robbery, nothing else.
I seldom found a ticket under 750 EUR when living in Finland. In my experience, the most expensive European AY destinations are BRU, GVA, ZRH, and....wait for it... KUO.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
AFAIK, basically any non-competitive route will exhibit, failing the minimum stay requirements, outrageous prices. I have seen a colleague book HEL-WAW-HEL for 800€ in non-full economy.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:35 pm

Interesting service concept on 321, HEL-AGP a while ago. Sitting in 10F service started (after newspapers) with pre-ordered warm meals. Passengers in 10 ABC got their meals + drinks about half an hour after take-off. Fast and nice. But no service for 10 DEF at this point. The service for those who had not a pre-ordered meal then started from row 3 (2 rows of business class). FA taking care of this was pretty unexperienced and service was so slow that from about row 5 the pax who had finished their pre-ordered dinner already ordered coffee, after-meal drinks etc. One hour after the pax in 10 ABC had received their meals finally we, in 10 DEF got our first attention from the FA. There was a medical problem on the flight but I do not think this affected the service for rows 3-10 at all. Is this normal?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by ylefin
Interesting service concept on 321, HEL-AGP a while ago. Sitting in 10F service started (after newspapers) with pre-ordered warm meals. Passengers in 10 ABC got their meals + drinks about half an hour after take-off. Fast and nice. But no service for 10 DEF at this point. The service for those who had not a pre-ordered meal then started from row 3 (2 rows of business class). FA taking care of this was pretty unexperienced and service was so slow that from about row 5 the pax who had finished their pre-ordered dinner already ordered coffee, after-meal drinks etc. One hour after the pax in 10 ABC had received their meals finally we, in 10 DEF got our first attention from the FA. There was a medical problem on the flight but I do not think this affected the service for rows 3-10 at all. Is this normal?
I haven't been on those flights for some time, but your description sounds pretty much how it was over 1 year ago.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:51 pm

Run out of food in J

I'm not used to J class. But does it happen often that they run out of food? Was offered some sh.. that was called cold breakfast since they didn't have enough food on the flight. Serving was also incredible slow. Waited almost an hour for breakfast and ended up with a slice of cheese and ham (=basically a sandwich). Well, the feedback is already in AYs inbox.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
On shorthaul or longhaul?

When they have options, they routinely run out of one/some of them. But there should always be at least one option available. I can't think of a flight where they'd run out of everything on the menu.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
On shorthaul or longhaul?

When they have options, they routinely run out of one/some of them. But there should always be at least one option available. I can't think of a flight where they'd run out of everything on the menu.
Shorthaul to LHR. They just offered me and mrs. a "cold breakfast". Nothing else to choose from. They were out of normal hot breakfasts. The "breakfast" we got was 1 slice of cheese, 1 slice of ham, 1 pack of plasticrapped meloncubes, yoghurt and some musli. And a bread roll, I also had the FA to heat som more bread for us. I think rest of J pax ate rösti and sausage. Don't know for sure, I could only feel the lovely smell 😥
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:03 am

I have ordered the cold plate quite often but only after having had a more substantial breakfast in the lounge. Of course they don’t have this option in the non-Schengen.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Am normally a United / Star Alliance traveller but had my first flights on Finnair the other day - a quick return LHR-HEL in Business. I was overall quite impressed. The lounge situation at LHR was excellent, the flights were on time, the seats were adequate (I don't mind the blocked middle economy seat concept too much, but just as well I had reading to do, rather than laptop work), the food was good and I had a choice both ways when I was in the last row of business.

My only slight criticisms were 1) they used bus gates both times at HEL, which is an unpleasant experience in itself, and with absolutely no preference shown for Business customers. Second, on neither occasion would the app permit check in so I was disappointed in the IT.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
The non-Schengen situation at HEL is far from ideal atm. They even board widebodies from bus stands. This should change once the ongoing expansion work is finished.

LHR requires passport / ID card information in the booking. You can add the info at MMB anytime, and after that, app check-in should work. I believe the app check-in feature isn't intelligent enough to let you fill in the details via the app during check-in. If you OLCI on the website, it will ask for the info at OLCI if it isn't prefilled.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by ffay005
The non-Schengen situation at HEL is far from ideal atm. They even board widebodies from bus stands. This should change once the ongoing expansion work is finished.

LHR requires passport / ID card information in the booking. You can add the info at MMB anytime, and after that, app check-in should work. I believe the app check-in feature isn't intelligent enough to let you fill in the details via the app during check-in. If you OLCI on the website, it will ask for the info at OLCI if it isn't prefilled.
I recall vaguely having added passport details via the app at OLCI but could be mistaken!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.