Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by FFlash
This is something new. Previously it has been possible to wait during call or give my number for them to call back, but now I only get "all lines are busy" and then the call hangs up. I really hope this is not a new norm.
Now it's on their website. Apparently nordic calls are screwed.
Asiakaspalvelumme puhelinlinjat eivät toimi tällä hetkellä Suomen ja skandinaavian markkinoilla. Voit chatata kanssamme nettisivujen kautta tai soita takaisin myöhemmin. Pahoittelut tästä aiheutuneesta vaivasta.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
An error occurred while sending the data. Please try again later.

I go berserk with this message and AY website.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: AY+, HH Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
This mimics my situation exactly. With Finnair I felt forced to alter my AY+ account to match the names I never use. This was done many years ago. It works, but is very odd, for instance when they call me and ask for "1.st firstname" and I go like "No, who is that?!... Oh, sorry yeah, that is me."

Sometimes the booking process slips up and I end up travelling with a booking with my calling name and while slightly troublesome, in the past it usually ended up well.
However, lately changes have been made in AY logics and if name on ticket isn't identical with AY+ account there are no seat selection perks, for instance. And probably no other perks either, including no points earned.

Just like you, I have also started to contemplate changing my legal name. This is how bad it has gotten.
However, I am not sure it would please Finnairs computers still. Do they only need LASTNAME FIRSTNAME to be correct or do they need all firstnames, identical an in correct order?

I could change the order of my names to
2.nd FIRSTNAME 3.rd FIRSTNAME 1.st FIRSTNAME LASTNAME
but there is not a very good ring to the combination and if they still need 3.rd and 2.nd name to be stated on AY+ account and ticket, then it is all in vain.

For even more fun, I would like to add my kanji-name (transcribed to latin aplhabet) to my first names. But I am afraid that my asian strategy is not compatible with Finnair...
I also have the "problem" of not using my official first name. A bit over 10 years ago I had to retro claim points all the time and decided to ask them to give me a new card in my Official First Name + Last Name. No more issues with that since then and it seemed little trouble to avoid all the hassle.

The problems arise when someone calls me by my official first name and I don't react. However, since moving to the UK I have essentially had to acquire an alter ego of Official First Name. I introduce myself with that in all official contexts, and this really only causes problems if I momentarily forget about it and introduce myself with my third name. (I once had a 10+ minute argument about picking up a parcel that required ID over this, until the person just gave up). Or when someone calls me and then does not believe me that while I answered with 3rd name, I am in fact Official First Name.

Now another problem altogether is that my three names + last name do not fit in most forms/cards where you have to give all names...

You'd think that there were so many different naming systems in different countries around that world that at least global companies/practices would allow for all sorts of variations.
FlyingFinn, florens and intuition like this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:24 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
The point transfer was messed up - I got to transfer the same points thrice by accident (before the origin account showed zero). They clawed back the extras some 10 days later. And the transfer system have been down ever since
It seems only the free points transfers between "family and friends" accounts have been disabled. The transfer via finnairshop.com is still up - for a tenner...

So what are you saying, you transferred 3x more points than you had? I understand the close down then....
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Called Plat line twice today. Wanted to change a full flex business ticket (D) by adding HEL stopovers to it. Was told that there is no D availability on the dates in question. I pointed out that for Plats availability is guaranteed in classes JCD but Janica was quick to point out that "this only applies to full flights". .... I then hung up, went online and changed the ticket to the date that I wanted in the first place. No price difference and was ticketed automatically into D on the day with supposedly no availability...
I then thought it would be a simple thing to change the long-haul segment to another date now that the SH was on the correct date. I even checked the availability from Expertflyer. I then did a dummy booking on AY website for those dates and it had the exact same price as my original ticket. Then I called Janica again.... I don't know what the hell they are doing at Kajaani. She put me on hold for 10 minutes to check things. Then I was told that those changes are not possible and a ticket with stopovers would be an extra 500€. Amazing.
Final result: Ended up canceling the whole ticket and booked a cheaper ticket (Business saver) as I no longer need the flexibility... What a load of rubbish. Everyone ended up wasting time and AY lost 400€ when I switched to the cheaper ticket.
</rant>
ffay005, florens and HJP like this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
As far as I read LH has different availability in booking classes when booking a new ticket or changing a ticket. So when you have a P,Z or D booking class, you usually have to pay, even if your original booking class is available for new bookings. Sounds pretty much the same.
cistavoda likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by cistavoda
I don't know what the hell they are doing at Kajaani. She put me on hold for 10 minutes to check things. Then I was told that those changes are not possible and a ticket with stopovers would be an extra 500€. Amazing.
Janica is really good at selling HEL-CDG-HEL tickets to Mr and Ms Möttönen, though.
cistavoda, Furry and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:26 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Called Plat line twice today. Wanted to change a full flex business ticket (D) by adding HEL stopovers to it. Was told that there is no D availability on the dates in question. ...
Lost me right there.
So a "full flexible" ticket cannot be rebooked unless D is available. Sound to me like a ticket with heavy restrictions.
- Sorry sir, you bought a too expensive ticket.

Well done. The D ticket buyers are the right people to screw with insideous fineprint.
vulle, cistavoda and FFlash like this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: AY LUMO
App shows my latest use for upgrade voucher is LH voucher on 19MAY19. Thats really nice that I have long haul upgrade but I dont have any flights on that day.@:-)
cistavoda, on22cz and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
App shows my latest use for upgrade voucher is LH voucher on 19MAY19. Thats really nice that I have long haul upgrade but I dont have any flights on that day.@:-)
I had the same, they had used my points for someone else. Might be worth checking that through CS..
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Akkku

I had the same, they had used my points for someone else. Might be worth checking that through CS..
Hah. At least I have all my vouchers safe but 19MAY is not my day. Yet.

Or is this a new campaign: AY offers upgrade if I buy a ticket.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:20 pm

I haven't received any points from my last 2 flights and retro claiming on web site does not work. Let's hope plat CS will fix the issue. (I also got points from some earlier flights incorrectly and it seems I will be a couple of thousand points short from that one, even though have contacted the CS a couple of times over this one.)
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by theBro
I haven't received any points from my last 2 flights and retro claiming on web site does not work. Let's hope plat CS will fix the issue. (I also got points from some earlier flights incorrectly and it seems I will be a couple of thousand points short from that one, even though have contacted the CS a couple of times over this one.)
What do you mean by "retro claiming on web site does not work"? How long has it been since you submitted your request? The process is very opaque, but generally speaking it works fine for AY tickets. Partner airlines are a different kettle of fish however.

For example I submitted a retro request last Friday and it posted today on my account. On the other hand getting my Royal Jordanian miles took around 2 months.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
What do you mean by "retro claiming on web site does not work"? How long has it been since you submitted your request? The process is very opaque, but generally speaking it works fine for AY tickets. Partner airlines are a different kettle of fish however.

For example I submitted a retro request last Friday and it posted today on my account. On the other hand getting my Royal Jordanian miles took around 2 months.
Previously my account has shown the retro claim line immediately with zero points and asterisk (IIRC). And in a few days the points actually appear. Now there was no indication anywhere that the claim went through. I made the claim for AY tickets 3-4 days ago. It might of course be that the process has changed and the zero point phase does not occur anymore.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Have to again complain on the refunds..

Had a Norwegian flights booked with a very low price from their sale a while ago. Had to change plans and not to travel. Fine, on their page there is a simple form to fill and they'll refund you the taxes for the unused flight coupons without any fee. So from a ~60€ HEL-ARN r/t ticket I got paid 37,14EUR back in taxes to my credit card in less than a week.

Shame on you Finnair for your "50 EUR refund fee"!
aapee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.