Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
This morning at 6:35, Lentoasemantie was clogged up to and past the St 1 gas station. Had to wait even if I was only heading to P3. That was a first for me. Didn’t take long, though.
Old May 14, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I should be driving to P5 tomorrow. Is there a route that doesn’t go past the terminals? It’s close to Hilton, right?
Old May 14, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ffay005
This morning at 6:35, Lentoasemantie was clogged up to and past the St 1 gas station. Had to wait even if I was only heading to P3. That was a first for me. Didn’t take long, though.
happened me too two weeks ago so that I had to cut the line a bit, apologies to all affected people as I was in last minute. No excuse though, my mistake and sorry.

they should really have planned that better
Old May 14, 2019, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by niksal
I should be driving to P5 tomorrow. Is there a route that doesn’t go past the terminals? It’s close to Hilton, right?
Definitely take a sidetour way through datavägen on the western side of main road approaching P5 to avoid going through the whole terminal circle mess on ”way back to P5”.

niksal likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Gnopps
as expected he didn't care.
Yeah. He was there first. I do the same. My GF does the same. I recommend cast iron bumpers.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:48 am

Was about to book cheapo airbaltic flights since all finnair alternatives were sold out or sky high prices. But then, whatever routing or time I choose (tried several), their booking page lands with below message when finalizing the booking.

Valitettavasti emme pysty vahvistamaan tarjoamaamme lennon hintaa. Pahoittelemme tästä aiheutuvaa vaivaa ja pyydämme sinua tutustumaan lippujen saatavuustilanteeseen jäljempänä ja valitsemaan uuden hinnan ja/tai lentoja. (ref: 7B23FDE3 16050838)

What a scam. Then the prices jump 100€:ish up. Anyone you have similar experience, no way to fix this? I tried different IP address etc but the new higher price remains.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by FFlash
Was about to book cheapo airbaltic flights since all finnair alternatives were sold out or sky high prices. But then, whatever routing or time I choose (tried several), their booking page lands with below message when finalizing the booking.

Valitettavasti emme pysty vahvistamaan tarjoamaamme lennon hintaa. Pahoittelemme tästä aiheutuvaa vaivaa ja pyydämme sinua tutustumaan lippujen saatavuustilanteeseen jäljempänä ja valitsemaan uuden hinnan ja/tai lentoja. (ref: 7B23FDE3 16050838)

What a scam. Then the prices jump 100€:ish up. Anyone you have similar experience, no way to fix this? I tried different IP address etc but the new higher price remains.
I remember I had this also some time ago. Ok, it can happen that somebody books at the same time the same flight. Fair enough. But even hours after the lower price still appeared bookable.
Old May 16, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
It's very common. Airbaltic website is very buggy.
Old May 16, 2019, 3:38 am

​​​​​IMHO this was pure scam marketing, since I tried several bookings and several times, so not a coincidence that someone else is also booking.

what a crap. No airbaltic flights for me ever.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:32 am

I have noticed the same with Airbaltic. They also decline outright the EU261 compensation requests (and airhelp gave up on them as well).
Old May 21, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
While most people here do direct turnarounds for positioning or segment/point runs, I met a guy in ARN doing it for the sole purpose of buying snus.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Jainzar
While most people here do direct turnarounds for positioning or segment/point runs, I met a guy in ARN doing it for the sole purpose of buying snus.
Far more efficient than going to Haparanda. ^ Depending on where he lives, of course. Leave home 90 minutes before the flight, fly 60, stay 30 at ARN, fly 60, deplane and drive home in 60 and the shopping spree is 300 minutes or exactly five hours.

Of course, a true FTer would combine this with a connecting flight to DEL so you could buy the snus at dutyfree prices
Old May 21, 2019, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Not smart guy. aRN snys prices are expensive.

only ok for subsidiZing MRs.
Old May 21, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by FFlash

Not smart guy. aRN snys prices are expensive.

only ok for subsidiZing MRs.
FFlash are you saying you'll be smuggling for me from small shops in Rinkeby? You're great, thanks!!
Old May 21, 2019, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
FFlash are you saying you'll be smuggling for me from small shops in Rinkeby? You're great, thanks!!
Positive. I need still a few segments. Open for offer.
remymartin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.